It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.A could take over the world if they wanted to. Could they???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
With all the "So called underground bases" the weapondry, the military spending. Why does any other nation bother in fighting america? how could they win. Imagine the weapons the US will release when a major war happens. no nation even spends 1/6th the amount America does. The wepons they have must be unimagineable. If Dulce, or other bases exist and the stuff thats happening down there is really real it would even be more terrifying. Could Russia even compete with the U.S.A??? Could all of Europe even compete with them?

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Maddogkull]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Who wants the world?

You get all the problems. The US has enough problems. Not to mention paying to fix all he problems.. cough, were already hemorrhaging money into the sand in Iraq and Afghanistan..... money I believe could be well spent here at home.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What government woulden't want the world??? Imagine the power being the president of the world or whatever the title may be.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Who wants the world?

Stole my thunder. That's what I thought when I read this: Who wants the world??

Big deal about being "President of the World". Every swinging dick out there would be taking a shot at you every chance they got.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yeah, they probably could. But there is the rub. Ever played a game of Risk? You take over one country after another and as you move from country to country, you have to leave a little bit of your forces behind to maintain control. If you spread yourself too thin, you leave yourself vulnerable to attack and losing control of a country.

So yeah, we could probably take over everyone (except China, perhaps), but we could never *maintain* control.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
U.S.A could take over the world if they wanted to. Could they???

Could Russia even compete with the U.S.A??? Could all of Europe even compete with them?

I suppose its a question best answered not in hyperbole but in actual events and history.

The answer can be found by watching the following clip

Russia and Europe lol....

Wake Up stop believing fox and watching hollywood.

Elf

[edit on 16-9-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Yeah, they probably could. But there is the rub. Ever played a game of Risk? You take over one country after another and as you move from country to country, you have to leave a little bit of your forces behind to maintain control. If you spread yourself too thin, you leave yourself vulnerable to attack and losing control of a country.

So yeah, we could probably take over everyone (except China, perhaps), but we could never *maintain* control.

Yeah, unless you kill EVERYONE... and let's be honest... The USA is about the only damned country that actually TRIES to limit civilian casualties so... NO. Our mission (in my opinion) is to keep all the rest of the loons from killing themselves (and us in the process). So three cheers for having to be the planets freeking peacekeeper... a thankless job and a very expensive one.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Someone's missing what's going on in the world....

The US economy is crashing for the sole purpose of bringng all economies down.... And then we'll pop up, be right as rain and have everyone subservient.

Well, it could happen....

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Yes, we could.

But the remains wouldn't be worth it.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Yes, we unquestionably could take the world. no doubt. The thing that makes America what it is, is, we dont. Were the first nation in history that has the capability to do this, and yet, it goes against our foundation and our principles. I know I'll catch heat for this but is it really arrogance when its truth?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

All it takes to compete with any military weapons program is a
bio weapons program with no conscience.

With the right bio weapons delivered from high orbit with slow
descent via several methods some things could be let lose that
would end all human life on earth permanently.

A former Russian scientist alluded to the existence of such a thing.

32 strains of small pox as a carrier for Ebola.

It was nicknamed "Ebolapox".

A russian scientist discussing it

Similar article discussed in the past as well

So the US does have a lot of weaponry, but at the end of the day
whoever has this ready to deliver in a myriad of methods will end us all.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Very good point. And this is probably the one thing that saves us all. We have the technology to wipe out mass populations easily. Luckily, in the words of Boba Fet, "He's no good to me dead".

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I spent the last hour and a half writing a post I was thinking I would be very proud of, I imagined the applause I would get from a mod, someone like semper fortis or someone with like minded experience and I hit the refresh button and re-read the op again and the title and I don't know what I was thinking or if I miss read it but now,, after reading that title I only have two words for you.

WHO CARES!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stylez

I spent the last hour and a half writing a post I was thinking I would be very proud of, I imagined the applause I would get from a mod, someone like semper fortis or someone with like minded experience and I hit the refresh button and re-read the op again and the title and I don't know what I was thinking or if I miss read it but now,, after reading that title I only have two words for you.

WHO CARES!

Obviously I do I wanted to hear some intellectual conversations about this. Had some good posts but posts like the one you just wrote... Whats the point in sharing your opinion if you dont care about the question?? To tell me u dont care about my question on the thread? Then dont post on here

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Maddogkull]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Sounds like a lot of work. I'll pass.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The US can barely hold down cities in Iraq.. what makes you think they can dominate every single country?
Now if you're talking about nukes...diff story.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yeah nukes, chem, bio weapons of the future.. the whole works

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
With the economy the way it is currently, i'd say no. Even if these underground bases do exist...

As for destroying the world with nuclear war and whatnot...sure...but why would we?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yep.. Complete and total unholds barred devestation is what it would take, but again, I don't think we could *hold* the ground

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
One question OP

How did America go in the Vietnam war?

If you can answer this, you will realise that taking over a country is not as simple as having the best trained military and technology

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join