It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm pretty tired of skeptics who are unable to think outside the box.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
i agree with the op its a really weak excuse to say "they cant get here". After all ETs may know some things we dont. Wormholes etc

The downer is if we are being visited it looks like they have no inclination to communicate with us.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Skeptics are all too quick to use the same tired arguments of why they refuse to accept any type of evidence regarding UFO's or EBE's.

Basing one's arguments that nothing could traverse the universe freely, or exist other than man alone is ego centrism gone awry. The regularly seen hacks from the skeptical side, make their livings being the pin that is ready to poke any bubble of outside thought.

Man's theorized perception of the known universe, as well as its age, is open to debate. We think like human beings, using the knowledge and intelligence that we have collected throughout our living history. Much of it, has been revised and rethought. Some of it, has been discarded as erroneous or unsupported by intellectual academic investigation. Which is why every text book is continuously rewritten and revised as we go.

Yet, man can only think and act as a human being. We cannot think like a jelly fish, or perhaps something else that's much more intelligent than we, which may have been a part of the cosmos since the beginning of time.

Just as we peer deeper and deeper into regions of the cosmos, and are ever more astonished at what we find, why should we be reluctant to accept the premise of highly evolved and super intelligent beings other than ourselves? We shouldn't be.

Since humans have believed in a higher power other than themselves, and have been willing to sacrifice their lives to it, sight unseen...why can't they then accept that perhaps something else dwells within a neither zone inaccessible to us? We are cosmic infants, who are only beginning to scratch the surfaces of interstellar quantum's...

The Whole of the Cosmos really is a Twilight Zone of the inexpressible and unknowable to us. This is what humbles the human mind. It is also what the skeptics base their pedantic twaddle on. What cannot be undeniably proven as paradigmatic, then doesn't exist...period, end of discussion! Very obtuse if you ask me!

We ask why are we here? I ask, why shouldn't we be? Why does the ethereal unknown exist? What was before, what is now? What will be, after every atom has died off?

What are those entities that vex us with their apparition like appearances? What do we share in common with them? What separates us unyielding?
Can there be open contact...or are we forever segregated from one another via an invisible imposed quarantine of mismatched intelligences and inhabitable paradigms of the others sempiternal? Probably...

I'd be rather foolish to issue statements such as; "that the possibility of their probability cannot be proven", as the skeptic does so eagerly.

I am what I will be and have become, and that tells me that I am not quite the "PIP" I think I am!

Something the skeptic has yet to learn.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Confused and Dazed!]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

Don't lump all skeptics in the same basket! There are more than one level of skepticism. I can only speak about myself as I don't know any other skeptic that is on my level. It is natural to be a skeptic. Non-skeptics, or believers, are not being natural since to accept without questioning runs counter to common sense, logic and reason. Anytime a claim is made it should be supportable with evidence otherwise it is hearsay.

Since I'm using myself as an example of an open-minded skeptic, that just means that I don't judge without consideration. I've given the UFO phenomenom consideration since 1957 and I never "believed" in their reality. I simply didn't know although a lot of people were reporting seeing unusually-shaped things in the sky (and some landed). Eventually, I had 6 solid, unquestionable UFO sightings and one resulted in a video. So, here I am a skeptic but I accept the reality of UFOs as non-human aerial objects. I still don't "believe" in UFOs, I know about UFOs.

But then we come to aliens. Here is where I fall back on my full-strength skepticism. I have not seen any evidence for their reality and no one on earth has provided any irrefutable evidence for their reality. If they exist, they remain aloof and don't seem to care about interacting with humans. I also don't accept any claims of seeing aliens or contact with aliens or abductions by aliens.

If UFOs are "their" aircraft and if they are inside, we don't know who they are or where they come from. It's romantic to constantly state that they are extraterrestrial and that they come from a far-off galaxy through "wormholes," etc. But no one has provided any evidence for that. If aliens operate the UFOs via remote control that means they're somewhere. But we still don't know where that somewhere is.

So it's only normal for skeptics to state that they do not "believe" in aliens. We're waiting for the evidence.

Skeptics are all too quick to use the same tired arguments of why they refuse to accept any type of evidence regarding UFO's or EBE's.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

How is it that analyzing and pointing out logic is one of the "same tired arguments"? I'd think that calling every blurry video pointed at the sky an alien is a bit more tired.

How will getting rid of the skeptics help your cause? You could call every video on youtube an alien and it won't make it true. What does being a believer with no questions actually DO? How will you further the field without objectivity?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by pteridine

I only saw that you really believe that UFO's come from some place other than Earth.

Read it more carefully. I never stated that the technology was extraterrestial. I said that that was a possibility. To deny that possibility shows closed-mindedness.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I am really tired of all the skepticism too.

It's the same thing every thread.

It starts out with a good feeling.

And then all the sudden it's like an attack of 'debunking' and 'this is a hoax' and 'that can't be'....close themselves off and that's that.

It comes down to this, "do you really want to be kept in the dark?"

I find in so many threads. Whatever is presented it's dragged down repeated ideas/opinions.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

As a matter of fact the really interesting stuff gets quite a lot of discussion.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But the hoaxes, misindentifications, and terrible quality stuff does go away pretty quickly. As it should.

[edit on 9/26/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

...well, okay...I guess that's fair.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
A little primer on open-mindedness and "thinking outside the box"...

[edit on 22-9-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

Love the confirmation bias in the video. It's actually more likely to look like this

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a25bc2a0b39.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Interesting thread here. I am pretty skeptic about if Aliens could travel to earth or not, but I am not saying that it is out of the question. Almost anything is possible, I think, given time for knowledge and the resources to achieve said possibility.

I would like to think that aliens somehow have traveled through earth. By our level of scientific knowledge this is pretty much impossible, due to reasons already stated by the first poster. However, also mentioned, other ways that we don't yet have an understanding of, could lead to the possibility that Aliens can visit earth.

I would like to believe 100% that Alien's have visited earth and still do, but I don't have enough evidence to say for sure. I am leaning on the side that it is possible, simply due to the amount of witnesses and accounts of it.

But, anyway, that isn't really what this thread is about. It's more about the people who come out and say that this is impossible without taking in all the possible factors. In my opinion, all we can really do is spread open-mindedness while maintaining skepticism.

Nice thread.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hmmmm,

Oddly enough I am from outside the box. Waaay outside the box.

I traveled here without a ship. Without a physical body. I needed no fuel I needed no ship, because I am consciousness. No bindings can hold me and nothing can stop my existence.

I arrived here in 351 BC and have lived many incarnations working towards this time to help others reach the levels I have. I offer my knowledge freely and answer questions without prejudice.

Of course the best questions, or should I write the most impoertant are those whose answers last for ten thousand years. Anything less is relatively inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

This world is coming to the end of an age and the completion of a cycle of ascension, this is why I am here.

It is your future to ascend however you can decline the opportunity and stay here for another 26 thousand years if you wish. Living under the guise of freedom, all the while being rendered slaves in a world controlled by elite and their masters.

This physical vessel is just an envelope for this physical existence. Soon I will leave this world for another.

The option is yours.

Namaste!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewbit Wing

Well the OP was looking for people who could think outside the box.

Hopefully he'll agree you didn't disappoint by not only thinking outside the box, but by being from outside the box!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm pretty tired of skeptics who are unable to think outside the box.
---

What box? They don't research, they don't respect witness reports, they don't listen first.

Skeptics/Debunkers are the low-end of attention grabbers as they don't know the subject matter, at all.
Else their OSI/CIA/NSA EBE/UFO disinformation gurus. At least they used to be.

Decoy

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Decoy
Skeptics/Debunkers are the low-end of attention grabbers as they don't know the subject matter, at all.

You will be hard pressed to find skeptics around here who "don't know" the subject matter.

Immature and idiotic. Notice how it is only ever the believers who make such accusations?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Immature and idiotic. Notice how it is only ever the believers who make such accusations?

At best it's outdated to make such a claim today. The CIA admits to some involvement to attempt to promote national security but they regret ever sticking their noses in the UFO business. But the CIA was involved in the past, a long time ago:

CIA Involvement in UFO Debunking

In fact, during the Washington events traffic related to the UFO sightings had clogged all intelligence channels. If the Soviets had chosen to take advantage of the resulting paralysis to launch an air or ground invasion of the United States, there would have been no way for the appropriate warnings to get through.

Determined that this would never happen again, the CIA approached Project Blue Book and said it wanted to review the UFO data accumulated since 1947. In mid-January a scientific panel headed by CIA physicist H. P. Robertson briefly reviewed the Air Force material, dismissed it quickly, and went on to its real business: recommending ways American citizens could be discouraged from seeing, reporting, or believing in flying saucers.

But that's ancient history, so Decoy, please join us in 2009!

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I'm going to start calling the blind believers ReInfo agents, as I'm becoming more and more convinced they're actually government agents tasked with shoving fake UFOs down everyone's throats over and over so the government's real agenda can move forward unchallenged.

I'm starting to really like this place.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye

I'm going to start calling the blind believers ReInfo agents, as I'm becoming more and more convinced they're actually government agents tasked with shoving fake UFOs down everyone's throats over and over so the government's real agenda can move forward unchallenged.

I'm starting to really like this place.

The only thing I've really seen you do is enter threads to attack believers.

You just did this in the I know what I saw---Full video embed thread. You came in and posted what I have below. To me, it's obvious you're trying to bait the person into some argument:

Good thing you're a blind believer and don't need to look at anything logically, huh? Makes it way easier to just point and say "Aliens!" than to actually consider something critically.

Whew!

Most of your posts are similar to the above. You attack and instigate and go on to call others immature or idiots. It's ALL you do on here. I think it's time you found a new hobby.

Now this is when you come back with what you think is a clever attack on me. Is it going to involve calling me a blind believer? That seems to be your favorite term to use in most of your attacks.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by nightmare_david]

[edit on 6-10-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Found this to be an interesting statement by Richard Dolan:

As a result, the easiest thing to do with UFO evidence is to ignore it, which is what most people do. Much harder is to confront it honestly, whether this means accepting or debunking it. That is, accepting into one's worldview something as "far out" as extraterrestrials is not easy for many people, especially when one's official culture finds little more than ridicule in the subject.
But honest debunking is very, very difficult, considering the compelling nature of so many UFO cases. Personally, I am close to the position that it is impossible to do this honestly, but will leave the benefit of the doubt to some exceptional, as yet unfound, individual.

The problem with nearly all skeptical arguments against alien visitation is that, quite simply, they fail to look at the UFO evidence. They all sound great in theory, but fall apart when presented with a few good reports. In the end, skeptics are forced to fall back upon their most often-used weapon: claiming a UFO event was a hoax.

keyholepublishing.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
At best it's outdated to make such a claim today. The CIA admits to some involvement to attempt to promote national security but they regret ever sticking their noses in the UFO business. But the CIA was involved in the past, a long time ago:

CIA Involvement in UFO Debunking

And let's not forget how often the disinfo was used to make people believe. The used the UFO phenomenon as a cover for the U2 and Oxcart. Richard Doty, working for the AFOSI, passed hoax documents to UFO researchers.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Very basic comment about UFO skeptics from a great original post. Skeptics on ufology are best ignored, I advocate that the superior cosmology and lateral thinking of nonhuman-intelligence based ufology will eliminate these people from the history books. Their ideas are the evolutionary back waters of our society, I make it my policy to ignore them, starve them of oxygen as they flap around in their shrinking muddy pools and progress the work that will one day bury them for all time.
This is my view of UFO Skeptics, as everyday people outside ufology I have no issues with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join