It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our next life.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I have started studing reincarnation and i was wondering if we choose our next life and if so how much of it.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I think we choose our next life , but we (most of us) lose all memory of our formal selves or the agreement.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
I think we choose our next life , but we (most of us) lose all memory of our formal selves or the agreement.

Isn't that sort of the same as dying though? I mean, if we can't remember this life, doesn't this identity die? Scary thought to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
in reincarnation. you dont choose your own life. it all depends on how good you've been in your life. if your bad you will become a fly or a slug. if your good you may become another human.. i could be wrong but i dont believe in reincarnation i believe in heaven and hell

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

I think your "core" or personality stays the same , It's really a loss of ego. YOU will ALWAYS be YOU. Through personal experiences I've learned this , It doesn't help anyone else out though

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by the illuminator

See I respect your opinion , simply stated "I believe in heaven or hell" , not many people do that. It's usually "My belief is right and this is why" , It's hard to have a discussion about beliefs civilly because they are so personal to people.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
For some reason i've always believed that we choose our next life because we will have to live through it and face the challeges throughtout that life. Now i don't believe that we can choose to have a prefect life, I believe that no matter what life we choose that we will have challeges.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well, if you're bad and you become a slug or good and become a human, whats a brotha gotta do to become a bird?!?!?!?!? Thats what I want to experience.

In honesty, it is a lot more complex than that, even in the belief systems representative of reincarnation. Some even believe that all of the above can exist, but that our true "higher selves" choose what's coming next. In reality no one truly knows, at least not that we are aware of. Do some research into Buddhism, Jainism and the other multitude of religions that believe in reincarnation.

You might be shocked to find that even the idea of reincarnation has been used as a tool of manipulation and control much like heaven and hell. The old Caste system kept people in line by saying "sure you're a dirty slave that no one wants to talk to or help for the entirety of THIS life, but if you're a good little sheep you will reincarnate as a more powerful or prestigious person!!"

Google is your friend

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

I want to share something with you that I read somewhere and it always intrigued me.

Let us take you on a journey.......

All of us here are gathered in a meadow at the base of a mountain. We are home and we are all playing together in perfect love. A dear brother approaches and says, "Would anyone here like to play a new Game?"

"What kind of Game?" You ask. "Is it like the ones we play now?"

"No," he replies. "It is like nothing we have ever done before. It will be an elaborate Game with many props and disguises. We will wear veils so that we can no longer see or re-member our true nature, even the veil will be hidden from view. Then we will start the Game and begin to re-member. This veil will be so effective that you will forget not only who you are; you will even forget home. Even as we pass each other on our paths, we will look into each other's eyes and not recognize one another. The veil will be so effective that many will look around at the props and disguises and truly believe that is all there is. You will retain all of your powers, yet you will not re-member how to use them or that they are even there.

"The Game will be played in phases and before we start each phase of the Game we may place as many reminders in our path as we wish, to help us re-member. Be advised to place many reminders, for most of you will rationalize them away easily. We will choose the time and place of our entrances and exits on the Gameboard. We will also set up circumstances and lessons we wish to complete while we are under the veil. A tally will be kept and points will accumulate from one phase to the next. This point system will only be used by you to determine what will be included in your next phase. You will not be able to remember from one phase to the next, yet, once mastered, certain attributes may be carried forward into the next phase. You will always carry your core essence and personality, yet you will not re-member that it passes with you through the veil into every phase.

"Humor will always be a reminder that passes unchecked through the veil, and if we find you getting too serious we will tickle your funny bone as a reminder that this is only a Game. There will also be many masters available along the way to help us if we wander too far from the path. Oh yes, I almost forgot an important part of the Game... at all times there will be Free Choice. You have complete choice in all matters, you may even choose not to play the Game, or to call in a substitute. You may choose to hide, or you may choose to seek, it is entirely up to you.

"On the Gameboard there will be polarity. This has to do with the mechanics of the Gameboard itself, and will be a necessary component as it provides the contrast needed. However, polarity will taint your vision. Through eyes tainted with polarity, you perceive things as Up or Down, Light or Dark, Good or Bad, Love or Fear and Right or Wrong. Do not let this fool you, it is only illusion.

"We will all leave our higher aspects of ourselves in a special place for the duration of the Game, otherwise the Game would be much too easy. Your higher self will be available to you at all times. Your challenge will be to learn to access it, and to re-member that it exists as part of yourself. You may choose special loved ones to ride on your shoulder to advise you during the Game. Again, re-membering that they even exist will be a big part of the Game itself.

"The goal of the Game will be to see how many can re-member who they are, where they are from, and what powers of creation they have. Once you re-member, then you may re-merge with your higher self and re-create home on the other side of the veil to demonstrate that you have fully re-membered.

"So who wants to play?"

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

that was a great read...do you remember where you got it.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The perfect life would have to be challenging in itself, or I would get bored fast. The only thing I don't like about the reincarnation of the big religions is that the steps above and below the human are locked, unmoving and unchanging. If, as a human, I love to fly, then a bird should be on the 'above' step, and I would become one in the next life if I deserved it. Conversely, if I don't deserve it and was a bad enough person to be 'demoted', it would be to a ostrich (im in an ironic mood, large flightless birds and such). I believe that we don't go away after we die, but are reborn into what we want if we are deserving of it.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by fleetlord]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

Hi Alien Mind,

A really excellent book to check out is "Testimony of Light" by Helen Greaves. It's available online and quite interesting - I couldn't believe I'd never heard of it before, it was written in the mid-sixties and has been continuously in print since then.

An Anglican nun by the name of Frances Banks passed away and was able to communicate with a good friend and associate, Helen. She breaks down the whole scenario of what happens after you die...it's the 64 thousand dollar question answered in fascinating detail.

selected-writing.blogspot.com...

Also, there are hypnotherapists working with people wrt "in-between life" experiences that corroborate the information found in "Testimony of Light".

Dr Linda Backman has a book out: "Bringing Your Soul To Light" - this is not available online but she has a website you could check out if interested.

www.journeybetweenlives.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

Thanks, I'll look into the websites.

Alien Mind

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind
reply to post by EyesWideShut

that was a great read...do you remember where you got it.

Oh goodness, this question could be deep after reading that paragraph lol. Thanks yall for all the good information. Makes me think without boundaries. Kinda like when we were children.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I don't think there is true death. I believe that our soul chooses what to experience after a shell is used. It's just passing on to another adventure. While you are alive, you go through many hardships and happy moments, this is like a thrill ride for your soul.

When it is time to go, your soul enters another astral plane which it decides if it wants to go on another adventure or rest for awhile. This is what I believe, it may not be right, but it makes sense to me.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Science shows that when you die, you lose all of yourself.

When your brain dies, it releases a small amount of '___'. Much more that say a dream, but small compared to how people smoke the drug.

The '___' will create a sense of complete euphoria and peace, and visions of the next world. It only lasts for a short time, until your brain shuts down. At that point, everything about you, your memory, your ideas, everything will be destroyed. The '___' is like a pillow, to soften the blow of what really goes on when the brain dies. So you will feel happy with the death of your identity.

Whether the soul goes on into another body without the ego, is pure speculation or hope. The thought of your identity ceasing to exist is very very scary to most people. But that's what science shows as the reality of a brain shutting down.

People will flame me, and tell me about the next life, etc. But that is done OUT OF YOUR OWN FEAR. The fear is so great that such a thing could happen, people will defend to the death (no pun intended) alternate theories. It's really quite sad actually.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by FouL-LiveR]

You have to understand, that the idea or concept of a soul, or energy is a result of a working brain. If that brain ceases to work, then your soul can not live on because the pure idea of a soul, is a result of your working brain. People seem to have difficulty understanding that. All that you see and hear, is a result of your working brain. A soul, is a concept of your working brain, a concept of a working brain does not live on when the brain dies.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by FouL-LiveR]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FouL-LiveR

You have to understand, that the idea or concept of a soul, or energy is a result of a working brain. If that brain ceases to work, then your soul can not live on because the pure idea of a soul, is a result of your working brain. People seem to have difficulty understanding that. All that you see and hear, is a result of your working brain. A soul, is a concept of your working brain, a concept of a working brain does not live on when the brain dies.

I think I'd like to reverse that - the idea or concept of a working brain is a result of the soul.

I believe that if the brain ceases to work I will still be what I have always been - a soul.

I think the brain and body are tools that the soul uses to experience the physical universe. Without them the soul becomes unblinkered and experiences reality.

Having said that - I have no problem with the idea that at the end of this life I will simply cease to be. If that turns out to be the truth, there is no hardship. So I am not 'clinging' to the idea of a soul to make myself feel better.

A belief is just a belief - we have to be prepared to accept the truth, however unpalatable. Although,as I said the idea of non-existence doesn't trouble me.

I believe in reincarnation, but I don't think it's as simple as just choosing what you want to do in the next life. Your choices may be less than you would like depending on your behaviour in this life.

I often wonder what would happen if my dog and I reversed roles. I happily imagine that he would treat me as well as I treat him. Then I think of all the times when I can't play with him because I am busy. If our roles were reversed, I bet those are the times he'd remember rather than all the times I've nearly killed myself playing fetch. Let's hope no such thing ever happens

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FouL-LiveR

Do you believe that all things come to an end?

Is life on earth by accident/chance?

[edit on 16-9-2009 by ET_MAN]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I really hope your right and there is life after death, but I have a horrible feeling once your dead your dead.

Maybe we don't have an afterlife, but more an ascension into another state ?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SadisticRabbit
I really hope your right and there is life after death, but I have a horrible feeling once your dead your dead.

Maybe we don't have an afterlife, but more an ascension into another state ?

That horrible feeling is simply the fact of the moment. But that's why I come to sites like this. I want to there to be an after-life. We just have to figure it out first.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join