It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong Il Reportedly Calls for Third Nuclear Test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Kim Jong Il Reportedly Calls for Third Nuclear Test

www.foxnews.com

North Korean leader Kim Jong Il, during his most recent meeting with party and military leaders, reportedly gave instructions that the reclusive regime prepare for a third nuclear test, this time using enriched uranium, according to reports from Free Radio of North Korea, based in South Korea.

Kim "emphasized the importance of improvement of nuclear technologies with the aim of attracting the U.S. to direct bilateral talks," according to the radio station's source.

The meeting during which this order was reportedly given took place on Aug. 26 in the port city of Wonsan and was attende
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well it will be very very interesting in light of all that is happening in the middle East with the Iranian nuclear issue, to see Barack Obamas response to the this report that North Korea is going to test yet another Nuclear weapon... will obama come out with a strong statement condeming North Korea, or will he go for a more diplomatic approach along the lines of the one he seems to be taking with Iran over the nuclear issue... either way this is definitely a development to keep an eye on!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This just shows that North Korea is all out of ideas and is using just about anything to get Washington's attention. This has got to be the most pathetic behavior ever witnessed in relations between two states.

His tests are gonna have to at least break the 1 megaton level to be worth paying attention two...it is cool though that he's keeping his capabilities on display it saves time and money on intelligence.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

I'm in agreement with your assessment and it is very pathetic on the part of North Korea. Kimmy is getting desperate for headlines since he has been largely marginalized for the summer. With tensions growing and the war drum sounding in regards to Iran, he is getting jealous of not being the center of attention anymore. Maybe the strategy of ignoring the North Korean regime is working, because things have been relatively quite on the Korean Peninsula at present. I guess the US is going to wait it out and when Kim Jong Il finally decides to croak, go in and make things clear to his son and apparent heir. Good point IDK88, and I find this act to be pathetic and unwarranted as well. Just the musings of a sick and dying man.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Are they making Dumbs at record speed over there or what is up ???
Maybe they dont have time to make bunkers using normal explosives and use nukes..

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by savetimerushonline

YOu say that South Korea picked this up? How do you know the translation is positive? It could be made up...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

YOu say that South Korea picked this up? How do you know the translation is positive? It could be made up...

Um no, i didn't say that, whoever wrote the article for fox news said that.. i just copied and pasted it.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by savetimerushonline

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Um no, i didn't say that, whoever wrote the article for fox news said that.. i just copied and pasted it.

So it could be propaganda yet again then? A false accusation to get NK funked?

If only everyone spoke English then we'd know for sure what is being said

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You know, if we had the super secret capability that some people keep saying that the US has (9-11 truthers), I have an idea for a great practical joke. All we have to do is find out where and when the NKs are going to have their test, then replace their bomb with a 100 MT hydrogen bomb. Could you imagine the looks on their faces when they detonate that thing?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Are they making Dumbs at record speed over there or what is up ???
Maybe they dont have time to make bunkers using normal explosives and use nukes..

Actually kimmy is probably daft enough to believe his glorious people are immune to radiation poisoning - that's a disease only the decadent westerners are vulnerable to...

Unless he's got a lot more weapons grade material than is suspected by the world this is probably not a bad thing... We get to laugh at him wasting another bomb and he gets to feel an inch taller!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Sick and Twisted, but I like it! Only problem is wouldn't a bomb that big blow up NK? Wipe it off the face of the planet? I don't think that is a very Hip thing to do.

Have some perspective!

[edit on 14-9-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

It would depend on where they detonated it. Your right. Let's back it off to 25 MT. It would still get my intended effect.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hey, it's not all Koreans who are bad people... don't you remember Jin & Sun from the Series 'Lost'?

Wouldn't be right to wipe Korea off the map... besides they havn't done anything...

We have other enemies to worry about and in my opinion they should be first to go...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I have no desire to wipe all Koreans off of the map. This is supposed to be an underground test. The fun would be seeing the look on their faces when what they think is going to be a 6 to 8 KT blast turn out to be 25 MT. It wouldn't bother me too much if this happened to wipe out their nuclear brain trust.

top topics

join