It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you want in your community?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Just for a lighter thread, I often think about this.

If you are the type that in a shtf global situation, and you would rather rebuild in a community then alone, who would you like in your community?

A doctor? Engineer? hunter?

I think I would like to have a doctor or nurse,carpenter, maybe a musician for entertainment. Hey,even in a post modern world you need entertainment.

Who would you like on your surival island?

Also, would you be the type to be a leader? Or a follower? Second in command? No leader at all?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Good hearts and good minds. People who can share and live with each other and not against each other. People who are there to better themselves. To grow and to heal and to expand their awareness and understanding of what it truly means to be alive, to be free and to live freely.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
omg.. ive soooo wanted my own comunity forever !!!

being stuck in georgia, im surrounded by rednecks.. sigh..

but my community would be built around a large gamer base, people that are total gamers, computer geeks with ion charged pc's, even mac users would be welcome. We would hack all broadband connections to 1 trillion bits per second, and shunt it thru a wifi system powerfull enough to give the whole community wireless internet and cable. everyone you see would be carrying a notebook and an iphone, and a startrek online and world of warcraft account would be mandatory.

wow... sounds like heaven...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hisshadow

I appreciate your response. But what if you didn't have any electricity. I do imagine a post modern world would be a nightmare for techy enthusiasts.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
no electricity, would be a world for rednecks

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Good question Nixie, S&F!

I would personally like to have a doctor present, that would be my #1 since I can pretty much hack it in the sticks if I need to.
Other nature-savvy people would be great to have around, so as to divvy up jobs and responsibilities.
Someone with mechanical skills would be crucial as well, especially an engineer as was mentioned earlier....someone with the ability to repair, maintain, and/or improvise fixes for different problems. Absolutely crucial!!!
Annnnd someone with a green thumb would come in handy as well, as surviving solely on game, twigs, and berries would get old after awhile. I can grow a few things but I do NOT have a green thumb!!!

Thanks again for the great thread Nixie.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Yea I have thought about the gardener/farmer as well. A good one. I have been trying to garden for 3 years now and it has been less then ideal. It is kind of an art form.

After my serious and continuing learning curve, I have a huge appreciation for how the people of Jamestown ever make it.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Commune or Community?

Big difference!

I have actually talked about this (commune not community) with my sister as she and her husband own a 200 acre farm. The farm has an old farm house that has been converted to a duplex (two fully functional sides), a barn and 1/2 finished cabin.

She already grows herbs, fruits and veggies. They both "hunt" and fish (property has 2 lakes on it).

My husband can build or fix just about anything - so he would be invaluable! He is an electrical engineer and hobbies with wood and plumbing etc. We also both have been 'shooting' for most of our lives and have a good sized gun collection. Hubby makes his own ammo. I make soap and candles etc.

I do not know (personally as a friend) a doctor but it the situation call for this I know a Doc that would join us. Or 95% sure he would.

We have a couple we have known for over 40 years that would love to join - she sews and has a Green Thumb and he (also an electrical engineer) loves to build with wood. She has her 'conceled' (sp?) and they both shoot.

I feel pretty confidant that this group would be able to survive better than most and could be pretty comfortable doing so.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
i'd want me in the community i can always cheer people up.

but if i had to pick some one i'd pick my friends those marines are all you need, i am telling you

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
A tinker A tailor and A candlestick maker.

A Farmer
A General Surgeon
A Warrior
A Musician
A Blacksmith
A Teacher
A General Contractor
A Engineer
ect....

or A man,A woman,Lots of how to books and the time to read.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
In my community.... I've given this a great deal of thought.

1. Chuck Norris. For obvious reasons.
2. Gabriel Iglesias. Our entertainer/bard. Yeah, he's 'fluffy', but worth his weight. He would also be our negotiator. And... if the food supply runs low... well, he's a big guy...
(this last was just a joke).
3. Voyager's Emergency Medical Holograph with mobile emitter.
4. Gary McKinnon. The guy that hacked NASA, DoD, and all branches of the military.
5. Megan Fox, Renee O'Connor, Leelee Sobieski, Jennifer Connelly, Jennifer Aniston, and Lexa Doig. Because, let's face it... we're the only one's left and it is our duty to repopulate the planet.
6. "Cameron" from the recently canceled "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles".
7. The crew of Serenity. (Because... seriously...)
8. Data. (Will be McKinnon's right-hand...)
9. Bear Grylls (Survival training from the best...)
10. MacGuyver (Can make a big-bore v8 from a coat hanger.)
11. KITT (Gonna need transportation, you know?)
12. Danica Patrick (Michael Knight, my foot.... THIS IS MY LIST. Also, see No.5 above)
13. Stringfellow Hawk AND Airwolf. Probably Dom, too. And Angel.
14. Stitch. (Yes, from Lilo and Stitch... we're talkin serious firepower AND cute.)
15. Cheetarah. From the Thundercats.
16. Harry Dresden, Allanon, and Gandalf (This will be the Council.)
17. Hermoine Granger
18. Beethoven.
19. Johnny Bravo (Enough said...)
20. Jaun Valdez (Fresh coffe from the hills of columbia!)

I would have to stop there. This list could be VERY long...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Muscle power for plowing and hauling timber ect.
Some one proficient with weapons

I'm pretty well rounded so those would probably be the most important. I think I have enough medical knowledge to get by , as long as no one requires surgery, I can set a broken leg, treat a deep wound and do CPR.

A few creative minds could go a long way as well.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrowmancer

I gave you a star just for number 5.

I realized last night that I forgot someone important: a seamstress or tailor.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I would also like to add someone that knows all about animals. Someone that can breed them along with caring for them.

It would be a very good idea to have a few goats, cow(s), horse/mule, chickens/rooster, etc.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
For survival, after long, pensive thought, I'd like the Dallas Cheerleaders.

What misery!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrowmancer

great list i think i would have to go for ;

. my friends and their family.
. my family.
. hayley williams for singing wise.
. stuart pearce for being my footballing hero.
. jennifer connelly shes still got something sooo sexy about her.
. jo jo the singer.
. any any one else from ats
who ever wants a spot.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
so for the second part of my question. Do you think you are the leader type who will run the community? or would you rather leave that up to someone else? Or be the second in command type?

I would like to add I would like my husband there, for he is handy anyways as a mechanic and is very resourceful.

But if I can't have my husband, Antonio Banderas is a good substitute.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I'd like to be the leader in a survival moment but in a community i am going say everyone is the leader.

I have the skills of being able to think in uncertain time.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by thecrow001]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

Great post.... If everyone in your community is not of the same mindset then there will be problems. All must work together to survive. And btw rednecks can be extremely resourceful, well if they are of the ofarming variety. These people can be some of the hardest working, and honest people you will ever come across. If you can deal with the uber religiousness that usually comes with them...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yes. I am sure that they would be crucial in keeping up the moral after such an ordeal. That is what you were thinking, right?

[edit on 13-9-2009 by nixie_nox]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join