It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoia Baciu forest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Last night I watched the premiere of "Destination Truth" with Josh Gates. I had been waiting for the new episodes since their last season of travels and finding's.
I had never heard of the "Hoia Baciu forest" before yesterday evening and was really caught off gaurd by the thing's that were taking place with the Destination Truth's research team.
I went to the ATS archives to see if the "Hoia Baciu forest" had ever been a topic of discussion already, but found nothing, so I will take this opportunity to see how many of you are or were aware of this geographical location, and I am hoping to get some answers.

First of all, whilst watching the the research team filming strange and unexplainable lights in the forested perimeter of this area, there seemed to be a lot of eery and strange lights, they even brought the evidences of their finding's to the Ghost Hunters team for analysis of these videos pertaining to the unexplained lights. Jay and Grant said that the majority of the footage of the glowing lights/Orbs were nothing more than dust particles, I personally do respect the GH analogies of this theory, but there were some evidences presented that were other worldly and, just as the GH analogy, unexplainable, good evidence for paranormal possibilities.
As the researchers were going further into the investigation of the "Hoia Baciu forest", there was an episode of one of them being completely inundated by what seems nothing short of an attack of other worldly nature's. The researcher had scratches under his undamaged clothing that truly resembled a vicious attack of a wild animal. The researcher was ultimately all right, but he was definitely shaken and with this event taking place, the research leader Josh Gates, decided not ot continue the investigation for fear of injuring any more of his crew.
The locals had warned the Destination Truth Team of not going into this area for study and that there was a possibility that they were not going to return from this place.
Here is a website explanation of the premiere episode and what it basically entailed as the chain of events unravelled:

After two seasons of traveling the world and exploring supernatural oddities, host Josh Gates and his Destination Truth crew continue their quest to uncover the reality behind more unexplained mysteries. In the September 9 SyFy premiere of Destination Truth called "Haunted Forest/Alux", Gates and company begin their explorations in the Hoia Baciu Forest in rural Romania since there have been a slew of mysterious paranormal sightings by villagers for over five decades, with some claiming to have seen everything from ghostly apparitions to a photograph of something that looks like a flying saucer.

As in previous seasons of Destination Truth, the crew sets out ready to take on another challenge. However, the biggest obstacle is the trip to actually get there, as Josh and his Destination Truth crew first need to contend with a rickety plane that appears to be on its last wings and falling apart (and it actually does in mid-air when part of the roof rips off mid-flight) before a lengthy trip on ATVs through the forest to get to the specified location. Once there the crew breaks off into pairs before nightfall in order to set a camera perimeter where they’ll monitor movement and wait for signs of paranormal activity.

The expedition is ripe with the appearance of strange lights on night vision and bizarre images that turn up on infrared scanners. All of that and a shocking airborne launch of one of the crewmembers into midair with no one else around and you have a regular outing with Josh and another unexplained phenomenon that the locals can only reply with the warning of, "Don’t go in there", in reference to anyone bold enough to venture into the Hoia Baciu forest.

www.thedeadbolt.com...

There has been a lot of paranormal thing's I have been interested in, but until yesterday evening, I have never heard of this place, what makes it even more incredible to me was that I watched this all unfold in front of my eyes. It takes quite a bit to get me on the edge of my seat with the research of Paranormal investigations, this event surely did the job for me!! Here is some story releases that have been as recent as of 6-7 hour's ago about this amazingly thought perception and actually mind altering place.

Once a 5 year old girl entered in the forest and she found after 5 years in the same condition and same cloths without remember, what happened with her. It is also said that there is a gate and no one knows that when it opens. A women walks in the forest and suddenly becomes vanish.

I can't get the "Embed" to work for the video, but you can go to this site to see some of the evidences that have been caught on video.

news.puggal.com...

There are many more sites through Google that you can find, I was just wondering "Why hasn't this place been intensely investigated for a period of time with upper point's of technology and sophisticated devices?"
I know for sure the place is a real place and it is accessible by individuals at their discretion's, this should be a place of intense study and investigations, Don't you think?

Here is the "Google" search page that appears, it has many different entries, and posting it this way allows you too see everything about his geographical place.

Forgot to drop page:

www.google.com...

[edit on 093030p://2474 by Allred5923]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I can't believe this thread hasn't gotten more attention.
I think this is quite an unusual story that deserves a bit more attention for sure.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Well, that's the way it works sometimes around here, but that is all right by me, I just want to know if there is other thing's that are out there by way of thee places being actual portals/alien/ghost places around our planet.
The Destination Truth team surely opened a proverbial "Pandora's Box" for my ways of thinking and thought perceptions of what lays right in front of our eyes.
Wish I had the $ to just pack up and visit myself..

Not the case, as of right now, but it would be one heck of an experience in my book. there has to be a way of getting the evidences to substantiate this being factual and not some outlandish hoax!

Thanks for posting, and I agree, it is quite fascinating both para-normally and possibly Alien/UFO categorizations.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I can't believe this thread hasn't gotten more attention.
I think this is quite an unusual story that deserves a bit more attention for sure.

This is a relatively new collaborative field of research, my friend. It always takes folks awhile to warm up to change. However, it fits into my research quite nicely. Thanks!

S + F'd for you AllRed!

Cheers,

Erik

edit to add correct OP starter! oops!

[edit on 22/SepamThu, 10 Sep 2009 10:51:20 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
thanks for the heads up on season 3.....
i'm downloading the episode now and will be back here to offer my opinions......
sounds fascinating.......

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

Thanks RWJ!

I am currently trying to figure out why these areas of interests aren't being more scrutinized by the evidences laid before all to see. And as for these topics taking a while to sink in with the rest of the ATSer's, I have to agree.
We have some smart cookies out here, you for one, and with a bit of constitutional research and validations, there is only a matter of time when the absolute effects of such incidences are realized for what they truly are.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
reply to post by redwoodjedi

Thanks RWJ!

I am currently trying to figure out why these areas of interests aren't being more scrutinized by the evidences laid before all to see. And as for these topics taking a while to sink in with the rest of the ATSer's, I have to agree.
We have some smart cookies out here, you for one, and with a bit of constitutional research and validations, there is only a matter of time when the absolute effects of such incidences are realized for what they truly are.

...hours, days and weeks, sometimes years of research. *ugh*

I strongly suggest looking way beyond Google. I think that goes without saying, but let us not negate it as it is a good start, but well written, researched books still get the most cred provided the sourcing as well as the author are legit and sound. I have set a high precedent for myself by being a stickler for the 90/10 percent evidence to speculation ratio. I might even go 80/20 but the evidence in that case better be damn good and substantially emaculate and by that I mean that even the leading experts in the field in question are left with mouths agog.

It's gotta be that way or what little serious attention this arena of study does have will quite simply vanish.

Sorry about the off-topic rant, but I felt it was relevant to the cause as it were.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I watched this episode last night as well and, like you, I was just amazed at the amount of activity they saw. The things that really got me were two items.

1: When Josh was sitting in the clearing alone and you could clearly see two lights moving towards him from behind and to his left. Their movement almost looked like it was a person out there, but looking around with the thermal camera showed nothing.

2: When Evan (the second guy to go into the clearing alone) was just sent flying. I swear, it looked like he was thrown a good 20ft or so. You can see them running to where he was and branching out to look for him, but it takes them a couple minutes to find where he ended up. And I don't see how someone who appeared to be sitting cross-legged on the ground could launch themselves as quickly as he was thrown. (It happened over the course of a single frame in the video).

Call me weird, but I'd love to go spend a night there and see what happened to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Here's how I research an anomalous report.

1) I first look at the individual/family/families making the claims when possible. What is their income, their beliefs, their culture? What region do they live in? Is it tribal or religious? What is the history of the area?

2) Look at the surrounding neighborhood. Are there other reports of paranormal activity? Are they related? Can they be tied in?

3) What city or town is this occuring in? (Google Earth time).

4) Google Earth out further. Are there military bases or large factories around? Chemicals? Nuclear? EM activity? Could these be a type of causation or influence of the events described?

5) Politics of the town/region/country. Type of government.

6) What is the environment of the natural surroundings? Terrain? Weather patterns?

Now with this broad spectrum view, one can begin narrowing down through a process of deductive elimination until you are simply left with the unexplainable factors. By doing this, one is left with the most credible analysis to create a hypothesis as well as some plausible speculation. Building on that makes for the strongest material in a published study.

Takes friggin' forever but it's worth the tedium.

Cheers,

Erik

[edit on 22/SeppmThu, 10 Sep 2009 12:19:10 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

Veni, where can I download it? I missed it as well.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Allred, I am VERY glad that you posted this. For one thing, I didn't know that DT was back on again. I LOVE that show and I've missed it. Also, this particular case that you speak of is very interesting. I'm going to find a way to watch it and then I'll let you know what I think. I had never heard of the place myself and I'm so glad that you brought it to my attention because I love to learn and research about such places.

S&F for you, my friend!

OT, but I wish that some of us on ATS could form a group and get together to go investigate places like this. I know several people have investigated skinwalker ranch and I would love to be a part of such a group. After all, it would be the perfect use for my lack of a sense of fear, lol!
I know there are many others on here with the same unhealthy sense of fear and we need to put it to work!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pale Rider

Greetings Miss Storm Ban Leader Now my grandmother dug birth of her dead sister, and led to the emergency room, and triglycerides were flooded and it is amazing that all these holes in the walls, like cats eyes in the film as his sister, can not walk, and strange things, but it is strange that only one of these boys bathroom

Uhmmm... I have no idea what this means. Could you try again?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Greetings Miss Storm Ban Leader Now my grandmother dug birth of her dead sister, and led to the emergency room, and triglycerides were flooded and it is amazing that all these holes in the walls, like cats eyes in the film as his sister, can not walk, and strange things, but it is strange that only one of these boys bathroom

Ummmmmm......what?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Only 1 new mystery per thread please !

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Please ignore the troll, we're dealing with it.

Back on topic. Anyone wanting to see this episode of DT can go to syfy.com and click on full episodes and watch it. I watched it there today.

It was a good episode and kept me on the edge of my seat as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Thanks mrwupy! I can't wait to watch. I love every episode... even the ones where they get me all excited and then nothing happens, lol. This sounds like a great one, so I'll be back to give my opinion.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Incredible evidence of paranormal entities

I just wish Josh and the gang didn't take it to TAPS for confirmation. TAPS is a joke. Anyway, I digress.

I have never seen a clear picture of an entity attack as I did this episode. That was incredible footage of the guy sitting alone in the field getting yanked backwards. Every expert in the feild should be analyzing it.
The scratches on his arm are bizarre because his long sleeve shirt wasn't damaged but his arm had deep scratches.

That area must be a portal to another dimension. I hope more field trips are done. I'd love to check it out.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

I just watched and THAT was awesome! I'm so glad you brought my attention to this! Wow, I wish I could go there!

I'm going to do some more research on this place. It's obvious that there are insane things going on there and I would love to see if other groups have investigated and if so, what they found.

Great stuff here!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Once a 5 year old girl entered in the forest and she found after 5 years in the same condition and same cloths without remember, what happened with her. It is also said that there is a gate and no one knows that when it opens. A women walks in the forest and suddenly becomes vanish.

Seeing that there are quite a few people interested in this story - and that ATS is read around the world - could, please, somebody locate the original accounts of this particular story?

Googling (in English) doesn't help in this case because all websites that mention it seem to be recycling the same account.

I am assuming the original version is in Romanian (or maybe Hungarian, depending on the ethnicity of the nearby population).
Alas, I do not read either of the languages.
But I remember there are/were at least two Romanian members on ATS. Maybe they could help locating the original account(s)?

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Vanitas]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join