It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone remember Mike (Madman) Markum?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Forgive me if I get some things wrong or merge it with other things, it was a few years ago.

I recall listening to this chap who was quite young, and he claimed to have made a screw travel in time by means of high voltage electrical aperatus and a laser from a CD player. He then decided to build a bigger setup, so he pilfered some HT transformers from a nearby sub-station, but got nicked and did some time for it. When he got out of gaol he went legit and got some funding and built a larger machine using magnetic fields to focus the energy instead of a laser.

Anyway, he seemed pretty determined to step into his device and travel in time, so Art Bell gave him the nickname 'madman'.

I understand Mike did one more (or maybe more, I only heard the first one) interviews after, but then nothing.

So does anyone have any updates? Did he fry himself?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm going from memory here, but I think Art Bell said he just disappeared at some point and the phone number he had for him stopped working.

That was a pretty entertaining C2C, I heard it on the Art Bell streams on shoutcast a few times now.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hunting around, someone on YouTube has a video asking the same question of what happened to him. In the comments section there a user says:

I heard a rumor that after Markham disappeared, a listener called Art to talk about a strange news story he had uncovered. Back in the 20's or 30's, police found a man dead on the beach in California. He was crushed to death inside a strange metal tube. The man was unrecognizable and a mysterious device was found near his body. The caller said the device looked like a cell phone in the photo. Markham told Art that he would take a cell phone with him if he ever tested the machine on himself.

www.youtube.com...

I just found about 90 minutes of his (seems like) second appearance in my personal archives, I'm gonna have a listen to the story again now.

There is some audio of his story on YouTube, a recording from Art Bell too:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9-9-2009 by harpsounds]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I had herd that he was arrested for stealing a transformer , post arrest , I am just as interested as you in learning what has happened to him .

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The story of Mike Marcum is a brilliant one. Here are some links you may have seen. There's some good mysteries hidden in the story and not a lot of information.

A good summary

Someone who claims to know someone who knows him

The interview

Fourth post is a very interesting bit of heresay (The dead guy found in the 20/30s with some odd technology and a mad tube).

[edit on 9-9-2009 by and14263]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
I had herd that he was arrested for stealing a transformer , post arrest , I am just as interested as you in learning what has happened to him .

Yes that's right, it was after his arrest for stealing the transformers that Art Bell got him on the show.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds

I heard a rumor that after Markham disappeared, a listener called Art to talk about a strange news story he had uncovered. Back in the 20's or 30's, police found a man dead on the beach in California. He was crushed to death inside a strange metal tube. The man was unrecognizable and a mysterious device was found near his body. The caller said the device looked like a cell phone in the photo. Markham told Art that he would take a cell phone with him if he ever tested the machine on himself.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by harpsounds]

Now that would be awesome

If a photo or genuine report existed, obviously it doesn't as this "rumour" is probably just that... but that would be great.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the links and14263, I probably couldn't find much because I seem to have got his name wrong, (apologies if you're still out there Mike).

I really hope he is still about, as a really rough guesstimate, I'd say he should be in his thirties now, and he seemed like a really nice guy, and the big difference was that Art contacted him rather than the other way around (like that Mel fellow with the hole in his yard).

It's odd how the brain works, I heard this guy probably ten years ago, and have never thought of him since, until tonight when I cleaned the laser on my laptop, and I thought of him, and remembered his name (sort of) and his story, and where I was when I heard him. Now I can't shift him from my mind.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Here's something cool!

Newspaper record

Boca Raton "The News", Sunday April 16, 1995, Page 9, Offbeat section

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
He is alive and doing well.

I will submit a link to a web site that has his interview with Art Bell. Be sure to read the title of the article and the comments.

The owner of this site claims to be a personal friend of Mike "Mad Man" Marcum.

This is what he looks like now.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75ab9ec31354.jpg[/atsimg]

Our Strange World

[edit on 9-9-2009 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker
He is alive and doing well.

I will submit a link to a web site that has his interview with Art Bell. Be sure to read the title of the article and the comments.

The owner of this site claims to be a personal friend of Mike "Mad Man" Marcum.

This is what he looks like now.
[img removed]
[url=http://www.ourstrangeworld.net/index.php/main/article/time_traveler_mike_marcum_interview/]Our Strange World[/url

You read any of the previous posts or just the OP?
2nd

[edit on 9-9-2009 by and14263]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

Cool thanks for posting the link .

To bad the posted website doesn't elaborate to much on the " Madman's " current projects

His is a very interesting story indeed , wonder if Art will ever do another interview with the Madman ? Thank God George hasn't tried interviewing him as I think George's style wound make for a terrible interview .

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Sorry to dig up this old thread but why can we not find this guy or find any trace of his disappearance, or death? Did he not have parents or family? There is a lot missing from this that doesn't add up for me. It shouldn't be so hard to find some shred of information bout this guy especially since he was in the system, someone has his social security, we should be able to find out his current status at least after this long...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I dig this thread up once more to note that there is even less info available as far as I can find...not only are many of the links listed here dead, the blogs or websites that they were on are gone. There are random, scattered mentions of Michael E. Marcum in various forums, but they all are asking the same question:

Where -- or when -- is Mike "Madman" Marcum?

Any ATSers have new info regarding this? Or even alternate links to replace the dead ones here? Follow ups or debunks of the alleged 1920-1930 Orange County CA newspaper article about the dead man found on the beach, crushed inside a metal tube and accompanied by a strange electronic device(a cellphone)?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
For dead links you could probably view an old cached version of the page or websites with archive.org

Shame this thread went no where because it sounds interesting.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

This months Nexus Magazine has an fascinating article by Jason Offutt sharing the story of Mike Marcum stating that he travelled 2 years in time and 800 miles, lost most of his memory and gradually regained it to return to the site of the experiment. Amazing! It seems that his assets etc were dismantled and he can not recall all the donators to the project. My initial thought was to aim to trace the guy and help raise funds for more research on the same lines.

Article available online here for a small charge (Nexus us worth getting aswell)

www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Bump this little baby from the past...

Anyone know the whereabouts of the Mad Man?

Or some more recent literature surrounding his time travelling antics?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
...mod edit: Sorry, we don't allow Members to post up their gofundme pages...
edit on 8-2-2016 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: madmanmarcum

You telling me you are MMM? Definitely not you.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Oh yeah? Prove I'm not me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join