It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese scientists 'filmed UFO for 40 minutes'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Chinese scientists 'filmed UFO for 40 minutes'

www.telegraph.co.uk

The UFO world is alive with speculation that China is about to reveal details of startling and detailed footage of an unidentified flying object taken during the solar eclipse on July 22.

Scientists at the Purple Mountain Observatory in Nanjing are reported to have confirmed that they filmed a UFO during the eclipse for 40 minutes. They say that they will spend the next 12 months studying the footage before drawing any conclusions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This footage is extraordinary, significantly because the Chinese state media have been showing this video. It is a rare event, never heard of, for the authorities to allow such footage to be broadcast.

Speculation is now spreading, UFO researchers believe the Chinese government will comment on the video - due to state media airtime - and give detailed accounts on the crafts ability and movement.

www.telegraph.co.uk (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Footage:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Very nice video. That is some solid footage right there.
Whats more impressive is that even chinese scientists are taking this seriously.

I can't wait to see what ATS skeptics have to say on this.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by TheOracle]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
I can't wait to see what ATS skeptics have to say on this.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by TheOracle]

I seriously doubt the other skeptics are skeptics for that reason alone, but because everytime believers put something up is either indeterminable or often crap... (turtle balloon anyone -.-)

However, once someone wants to spend 12 months going over some footage again and again, one can't help being intriqued.
I'm not a skeptic(believer) because I don't believe that anything will ever show up, but skeptic because nothing solid has been presented in a looong time.

Glad to see something interesting finally. Let's hope they weren't grasping at straws.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

skeptics got to say this....

Chinese scientists 'filmed UFO for 40 minutes

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f04571a7555.jpg[/atsimg]

and....

at last they got something never seen before...a UFO pic...ahhhh thank God we can now say that UFO exists....case closed

have a kit K@t

[edit on 7-9-2009 by heineken]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

You're kidding... I thought those were just civilian witnesses? If these are the so-called scientists then my hopes are already crashing to ground in a vacuumed space.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

not only that...do we call this SOLID FOOTAGE?..

i mean...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aab33cec435d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

hm... the way I read it was that these guys were bystanders and the footage shown is the civilian footage, where the science footage is held back till they have looked at it.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

So, judging by their appearance, it does not make them scientists
Xenophobia is now the norm for disregarding a UFO sighting? Jesus.

The fact the Chinese authorities have allowed this to be aired on state media is interesting - something the Communists government has prevented and covered up allege incidents in the past (according to UFO researchers)

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

Exactly.

Let us hope the Chinese authorities do release the footage in 12 months. A Chinese scientists once, allegedly, decoded discs discovered in a Chinese cave - which was repressed and denounced during the Culture revolution.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Your telling me just two blokes are going to study it for 12 months, they were bystanders.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
From the Daily Mail...

Scientists at the Purple Mountain Observatory in Nanjing, China believe it is a real possibility that this footage of an unidentified flying object is the evidence we have all been waiting for.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Daily Mail

The footage is being taken seriously. But think about the political implications, what will the reaction be if China is the first nation to provide evidence of intelligent life in the Universe?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Interesting video....... I'd sure like to see what whomever filmed uninterrupted by the interview. It's a taste that just whets the appetite.

Haven't seen this before; thanks! I'm hopeful we'll be able to see the entire sequence before a year (of study) has elapsed.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
videos like this ...and this.

UFO releases intelligent moving spheres!! First ever video footage! Replies 1682 Flags (514)

for you seems to be enough...its ok with me..maybe i need something different to claim Wow..Aliens exists..maybe a landing and TV report with a nice interview shall just do fine...

but again....
i cant figure out a 12 month check on this what will lead to

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Here's the English website of the Observatory:

english.pmo.cas.cn...

That part of the story seems legit - it's not a small-time operation.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
but again....
i cant figure out a 12 month check on this what will lead to

Quality assessment, compiling data, determined speed and size. Possible investigation whether it was a foreign spy plane/drone.

As SETI pointed out, under UN regulation, a possible confirmation of intelligent life has to be reported to the United Nations and investigated by numerous scientist across the global. To determined if it is alien.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

As SETI pointed out,...OMG...you know what SETI is and at which Evidence of ET life is referring to??

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
so till the 12 months pass....

we havent seen the scientists..

neither did see the video....

we dont have an explanation what was our brother alien pilot doing during those 40 mins (i mean 40 mins are quiet a bit)

nor we know how the footage ends...where did the Alien go etc

till time passes we still have a lot of Made in China things (i love Noodles)

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I hope something comes of this because if there is something out there the u.k & the u.s don't seem to want to give us any solid info anytime soon.
if we are going to get any confirmation it's going to be from somewhere else i feel.
i'd like to think this could be the start of something big but my instinct tells me this will be forgotten very quickly

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join