It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It does not mix.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I have been sitting here thinking for a good amount of time listening to music...trying to think of something that I can express in words.

It seems that our country is in dire times. While there have been much worse times, currently many people for see depression or intense government control.

Has anyone forgot though?

Our great country, the United States of America, is supposedly built upon two ideas that many people complain we have lost.

Or have we?

These two ideas are the following.

Free Market
Capitalism

Was it not bound to happen that capitalism, a drive of competition, would lead to such powers we see today (our famous billionaires, whether it be Gates or the Rockefellers, etc). America the beautiful was set up so the rich would lead. While it may seem that the only way for us to prevent this is for our own government to somehow stop them, why would they (if the supposed conspiracy theories are true) when they get the powers they have? Why bargain for more Mr.President?

This country still allows many people to aspire to great wealth or live a decent life if working in a marketable trade, yet that is not my point. My point is that America's backbone has lead us to where we are today.

I am not greedy or envious...because if it was not royalty that has given so much wealth, it was competition, and the winners of such a competition filled with hundreds of millions of people (billions internationally), will no doubt be quite rich.

This is America. It has been like this for quite some time.

Laissez Faire mis amigos.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks that the financial leaders of the world got to their positions with the help of Americas free market (what so many claim make it great)?

join