It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Baldacci (of Maine) proclaims civil emergency due to H1N1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Gov. Baldacci (of Maine) proclaims civil emergency due to H1N1

www.bangordailynews.com

AUGUSTA, Maine — Gov. John Baldacci on Tuesday declared a statewide civil emergency because of the H1N1 influenza virus, paving the way for mass immunization of Maine schoolchildren and other residents.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Looks like it has started! The "mass immunization of Maine schoolchildren" is just the beginning.

Soon we will see every state declaring civil emergencies to get the vaccine poison into our veins!

Fight back people!

n accordance with recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, officials in Maine are encouraging public schools to offer on-site immunization clinics for all children, including infants over 6 months and preschoolers as well as children who are home-schooled. Participating schools will offer the seasonal influenza vaccine as soon as possible, and many also will offer the new H1N1 vaccine when it becomes available.

I dont know about you but I wouldnt let a needle near my child at ANY TIME.

www.bangordailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

This happened on Tuesday and yet this is the first we hear of it?
I guess we shouldn't be surprised at this.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
1000 dollar fine for not taking this vaccine isnt it ?
Hope you guys can work overtime for this !!

This is really annoying, why would they do this, dont the officials know the facts of the vaccines and the dangers of taking untested vaccines ?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Is this starting in Maine because it's small and it's easier to keep the info quit there or is there a real need for this? I suspect they plan to move in an orderly fashion across the nation with this silliness until everyone has been innoculated agianst freespeech.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Look a bit familiar?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was speaking with some co-workers last night about H1N1. I told them and they agreed (though for a different reason than myself) that we are not taking any H1N1 vaccine. I will do everything in my power to keep my family from being forced to take the thing as well.

I trust none of it, it all seems a bit odd that they would want to force such a thing on people. I could see them making pleas asking that people get the vaccine and strongly urging it, but not forcing it on anyone.

Raist

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It will be intresting to see if the internet goes down..
'(Sarcasm)There was a buch of Cyber-Terrorists strike Main that day !!

[edit on 3/9/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

the 1000 dollar fine is only for Massachusetts but man i wouldnt be suprised if they started working on a bill like that for maine

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I read the comments this is going over like a lead balloon with most of the people who live in Maine. Those in favor of the forced innoculations can barely write in English. This should be interesting ;Maine is liberal ,but it is also home to many hunters. When winter hits innoculation season will be over.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
And I'm tired of having to repeatedly point it out but there is no MANDATE that you have to get any vaccine here in MA or anywhere else of which I'm aware. The hyperbole and hysteria being purposely whipped-up about the MA situation is disgraceful for a community like ATS.

The $1,000 a day fine is for a declared public health emergency and applies to anyone deemed a public health threat that refuses to be quarantined and isolated. And before you start throwing the FEAM camps at me the bill specifically states in your own home if possible. The homeless and transients (like people traveling) would be quarantined in public facilities.

Thi is cuirrently happening ion some US colleges. Dorms are being set -up as quarantines and students who are ill are VOLUNTARILY going to these facilities.

Enough of the halloween crap, what say?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

"But as the school year begins, we must continue our vigilance, which will require a responsible and aggressive vaccination and public education campaign"

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Here in my state in Germany [Nord-Rhein Westfalen], in the Cologne area, I believe, the government closed some schools until next Thursday or something like that. The reason being that scores of students actually have the flu. Interestingly, there has been no talk at all about immunizing the students and here in Germany and I haven't even heard a single thing about any person getting immunized for the Swine Flu. Not a single peep. They barely, on the news, even mention that there is a vaccine being made.

I don't understand why it seems that in America the government(s) seem really set on getting people to take the shot. In my mind, mass immunization program would be the very last thing to do. Quarantining people seems like it would be way more effective, as you'd remove infected people from the population and the disease couldn't spread.

As each day passes and I compare what the media is doing here and back in the States regarding the Swine Flu, I must say, that each day, it starts to reek more and more like a fish.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So is there any ACTUAL outbreak of swine flu that prompted this "Civil Emergency" or is it more governmental posturing?

I suspect the latter.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I don't get it. How can he declare a civil emergency when nothing has happened yet? Overreact much??

If they really cared they would declare a national emergency and outlaw tobacco because it has killed more people than anything.

Its funny how they care when they don't have a reason to, but when something is actually killing massive amounts of people they do nothing..

Oh I forgot, they get rich off tobacco so that is different huh?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Just in case their are any doubts here is a second link to the story from the Maine Public broadcasting network....

So get your shot or get your guns....

Times up.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I seriously thought the threats and fines would start from the South and come up North.
Guess i was wrong.
These comemierdas here are hell bent to set up and be the examples for the rest of the nation.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Southern people don't seem to be as trusting of gubment as northern people.

All that sort of Confederate revolutionary mess still running around I guess.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
www.maine.gov...

Maine has identified 360 cases of H1N1, which include 19 individuals requiring hospitalization and one individual who has died.

Doesn't seem like Maine is a hot spot for swine flu looking at there weekly report.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Maine begining mid June H1N1 was widespread.
Last week it dropped to Regional.
www.cdc.gov...

So I don't understand why Now they would declare a state of emergency.
Also the fact that the Flu was widespread for almost two months and only ONE death?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Why is everyone getting so upset about a program that is voluntary?
They don't even know which schools are going to participate.

Just say NO if you do not want it for your kids or yourself.

Are you guys down there in the states really enjoying your tantrum? It seems like it doesn't take anything more than a maybe and a possibly to get everyone all riled up. Every day seems worse than the last if the posts on here are any indication.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join