It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New/alternative rock is quite terrible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
About 95% of the new or alternative rock coming out today seems to actually bother me. It bothers me to listen to this stuff as much as it used to bother me when I was forced to listen to country or rap.
Cocaine whiskey hangover, this is a new song being played 200 times a day. I imagine creed, stained, nickelback or puddle of mud is the artist.(They all sound the same.) I honestly thought it was a joke song the first time I heard it. I pictured the clown from the cartoon metalocalypse, screaming "I DOs COCAINE!"

Now what really made me start to notice that all new music is getting bad was poparoach and disturbed. Now I Effing loved Poparoach and disturbed. Now their new stuff is just so generic and pop sounding it's just so bad I feel like crying now. I used to get pumped up listening to disturbed lifting weights at football practice. But their new stuff just sounds like another lame foo fighters song.

I think we're deep in another 80s cycle of non talent. Let's hope the inevitable death of the beasty boy's MC /DJ/ Talentless turd with cancer ends this god awful music rut.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Zealott

I like Nickelback though, somehow, I never grown tired of their music as much as the others, haha!

But can't help to say, I'm listening to country music now more than ever!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It's not about single bands and our difference in opinion of them. My question to you and anyone reading is. Is it just me, or are the bands of today's radio sounding worse and worse?

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Zealott]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I feel you, I find myself listening to satellite radio as it plays more "underground" rock than what you get on mainstream stations. I will hear a few good songs on the radio but for the most part I am bored with it.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'll do ya one better and say I loathe about 95% of all music these days...

nothing left to say so we need to just drop and steal music from others

-Kyo

top topics

join