It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we know when someone is watching us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
We have all had the feeling. Maybe it was a tingle on the back of you neck, maybe the hairs on your arm stood up, prehaps you just got a weird sensation.

You turn around and someone is staring at you. How do we sense this feeling? Are we that linked to other humans that without any direct contact we can tell when they are looking at us? If this ability is built into us does that make the possibility of other psychic type abilities seem more possible?

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I've always wondered this myself, my guess is we're all connected on a similar level.

Interested in seeing what others have to say about this..

Star and Flag

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
If you see two large googley eyes on top of money staring at you and hear the song"I always feel like somebody's watching me" in the background, then its a good sign your being watched

Sorry had to do that, but yeah I definately think there is a lost sense that we have that alerts us of danger and others presence.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
i think the ability to "feel" someones eyes on you is evidence. evidence that our consciousness isn't trapped inside our body as some think, but rather in and around our bodies.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Its weird, ive had fun and tested this in random locations. Just pick someone and stare at them for about 20 seconds and they will look in your direction, enough to figure out who is looking at them.

its very strange, unless they are completely focused on what they are doing, they will look for you. I was in an office building with a 2nd floor that over looked the lobby and in the lobby there is a small eating area with tables and chairs and a concession stand with snacks.

I leaned against the rail and was starring at a woman (I needed someone to answer a question or 2 for me, and they seemed official*) After about 10 seconds of debating if I should ask them, they looked around in my direction then noticed me on the second floor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

crazy stuff

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
there was a parapsychologic study about this and the team indeed found significant data to prove a supernatural source of knowledge. However, after they properly randomized the experiment and stopped to acknowledge the subject whether he guessed right, the effect disappeared.

Sure, it's a quite different, unemotional and unspiritual situation in the laboratory, and that does not disprove the feeling of being watched. Nevertheless, people are very easyly deceived

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Wachstum]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This topic is very strange but it makes me think alot because before i was with my ex i was walking with my mate and my ex walked past us, as me and my mate walked on i said to her "Someone is looking at me" and we both looked back to see my ex staring right at me.

I dont know what causes people to know someone is looking at them but it may be that as many have suggested that we are all connected on some kind of level that we are unaware of.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Actually very natural.
Comes from a time when something could be looking at you as lunch, though no one has been able to adequately explain how this survival instinct works.
Try staring at a deer for a minute while imagining how good it would taste on a barbecue-----works every time.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Good post!

I've been thinking alot lately about this because i always seem to know when someone's eyes are on me.... i also know when someone is following me too.... i'm not paranoid on that front, people have been following me for at least a couple of years now.... they think i don't know but i do.... i see them

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
[edit on 1-9-2009 by sigkill]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I am sure this is more to do with our eyes and the fact that our peripheral vision is much more sensitive than our concentrated view and therefore everything to do with being within a viewable distance of the person, without the need for optics.

Have thought about this idea, I remembered many sniper videos I have seen on youtube or liveleak, where a soldier has been watched for ages through the lens of a telescopic sight, completely unaware that he is being intently surveyed by the sniper. Only to be dropped at the end of the video clip, totally unsuspecting and proving the point above.

With the above in mind, if there were any connection at all, then it maybe like Bluetooth and only work within a certain distance person to person?

Otherwise most surveillance operations would be blown immediately.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
People "check their six" all the time.

Six-checking is like breathing. Doing it is conducive to survival. To be effective, it needs to be redone often. We don't notice ourselves doing it, and we don't notice other people doing it, unless there is a reason to notice, because we need to notice other things instead.

Reasons to notice six-checking include seeing that somebody is staring at you when you check, or imagining that your staring at someone is causing them to do right now that which they do all the time.

Try staring at a deer for a minute while imagining how good it would taste on a barbecue-----works every time.

Try silently counting backwards from 100 instead. It works just as well.

Deer need to eat a lot. Sometimes, they can afford a minute to indulge their curiosity about why a big animal with forward-pointing eyes is standing on its hind legs looking at them. After that, they have work to do.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Good question drock905, S&F

Yes, this is an innate ability we all have, although some (because of lifestyle, diet, early life problems) don't develop it to a degree allowable to sense others.
That you experience it shows that you a good connection with your fellow human beings, and that is applaudable.

Studies by the CIA, NSA, and Russian agencies, tested and correlated this response as the precursor to psychic abilities. The Russian agencies found that the bond is closer with people of similar genetic makeup.
Try it next time to see if you have the same response with different racial types.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It's all about intuition. or is it instinct?

im leaning towards intuition. sometimes ill be sleeping. and for some reason ill open my eyes to see my dog staring me in the face. scares the hell out of me everytime.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Whatever signal is sent to the person with their back turned, I send more than my fair share.
People quickly turn around and look at me like I said something to them sometimes and I'm usually not really paying them any attention. When they realize I didn't say anything and wasn't even looking at them, they either looked confused or mad. I mean I actually shrug sometimes like 'hey, I didn't say anything'. It's weird.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
Its weird, ive had fun and tested this in random locations. Just pick someone and stare at them for about 20 seconds and they will look in your direction, enough to figure out who is looking at them.

its very strange, unless they are completely focused on what they are doing, they will look for you. I was in an office building with a 2nd floor that over looked the lobby and in the lobby there is a small eating area with tables and chairs and a concession stand with snacks.

I leaned against the rail and was starring at a woman (I needed someone to answer a question or 2 for me, and they seemed official*) After about 10 seconds of debating if I should ask them, they looked around in my direction then noticed me on the second floor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

crazy stuff

I believe it if one can test it while ruling out peripheral vision. People rarely just look in one direction, and we are sensitive to the presence of other people by their shadows and sounds as well. There is an awful lot of information contained on the sounds of people's footsteps, and the rate of motion of their bodies... a person who suddenly stops is always going to catch your attention because you wonder why they are making a sudden unexplained "move" even when the move is stopping.

If one could test this theory at enough distance to rule out other means of information "leakage" so to speak, then I would believe that we are capable of extra sensory perception of some sort, but I am inclined to believe that we are capable of subconsciously interpret very subtle sensory cues.

-rrr

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
That feeling is our brains saying "hey!! You have alot more potential if you would just wake up fully and shake off this shroud that was put on your mind many years ago!" Its much like any other muscle and the more you work it the more you can use it.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
In the military they teach you to not look at the person your stalking by using your pref. vision. to prevent them feeling you staring at them.. before you go in for hand to hand kill.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I can feel it. Not with the sense of touch. I can feel it like I have the ability to know before the phone even rings, who is calling. I can't explain it. Its just the sense of knowing.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well, your brain computes 2 trillion bits of information every second about your surroundings.

You are only aware of roughly 2000 of those.

Now IMO you getting the feeling is the slow process of us being able to computer "more" information, and this is the kind of stuff we are getting from it.

Whether it be premonition or knowing when people are talking about you, all of that could be information that we process yet cannot use due to our present circumstances.

All very intriguing stuff.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join