It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Installation Disguised as Art?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Or someone with WAY to much money and time on their hands?

This one is in my backyard (Well a few hours away)

Location 44 miles from Rachael Nevada...

This is in the middle of Nowhere yet near the infamous Area 51.

It is Land Art, or so we are told

Here are some points...

1) Its HUGE
2) It is almost inaccessible
3) It cannot be seen from any highway
4) Its near Racheal, Nevada mecca of UFO buffs
5) NO ONE is allowed to visit it

It is called "Michael Heizer's City"

All this for a sculpture? A lifetime to complete perhaps...

There is NO QUESTION that this is man made, but is it merely Art? or is this something more...

At the moment it can only be viewed from above... but it is certainly a very interesting undertaking...

Somewhere in the Nevada Desert
+38° 1' 48.00", -115° 26' 10.00"

"As long as you're going to make a sculpture, why not make one that competes with a 747, or the Empire State Building, or the Golden Gate Bridge." - Michael Heizer

I'm building this work for later. I'm interested in making a work of art that will represent all the civilization to this point." - Michael Heizer

Map...

So what's the verdict?

1) Eccentric Art
2) Secret Base
3) Message to Aliens

Michael Heizer's City

[edit on 30-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Zorgon, you have really brought your A game lately! Everytime I read your threads I learn something new, bravo for that. So whats the history on this Michael Heizer, b/c his "art" looks like an installation to me, and the location is curious to say the least.

-E-

[edit on 30-8-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
interesting place. i've never heard of it.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'm going with eccentric art. Just because I would do something like that if I had the land and the materials. Years ago, when I lived in Southern California, a friend of mine lived in Descanso, Calif. on a large piece of property. This friend rented a cabin on this property. The landlord had a small bulldozer and my friend asked if he could play with it. The guy said, sure, have fun, just take care of it. So, on the weekends we would imbibe in our favorite substances and play with the bulldozer, building trails, and eventually, sculpting the hills and valleys. creating new valleys and hills, a complex maze, etc.

Why is no one allowed to view this place? Gee, maybe, because, like me, this guy who is creating this is an artist and doesn't like people to view his work until it is complete.Unfortunately for him, there is google earth. So far, no one has created google studio,
so that people could view my creations under construction.

That's my .02 New World Units. However, a real conspiracy about this would be delicious!!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterESo whats the history on this Michael Heizer,

Well that's the weird thing... neither myself or John have heard of this and it took a link from ArMaP in Portugal to bring it to my attention And he got it because his sister was into land art projects...

Seems its been a well kept secret but was announced in the New York Times in 1999, though no location was given

Nick Tarasen created this website...
doublenegative.tarasen.net...
where he shows how he first figured out where this place was...

An old USGS satellite image in the early phase was his result

December 12, 1999
Michael Heizer: A Sculptor's Colossus of the Desert
www.nytimes.com...

But your right... looks more than sculpture... that one structure looks like a classic bunker...

The fact that it is near Area 51... in the middle of nowhere that even driving the dirt road takes 2 hours to cover 44 miles is a factor... Good thing we have Google Earth or mo one would see it

But if someone did want to create a base... and disguise it as art...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Dear zorgon

Have you any idea what the area is slightly to the north east off this, when I look on Google earth I see a very large blacked out area???

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Amazing!! I wonder what correlation this has to the giant land art from ancient civilizations... It makes me think, "what if this really did have some correlation with extraterrestrials..."

Great find S&F

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b7368666d93.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/545fe7b34eca.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf2d6006b574.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 30-8-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
That is a most curious construct of sorts to be certain. It's meaning? It's implication? It's public obscurity? baffling. Having grown up in the Mojave and surrounded by Military Air Bases, it definitely smacks of that kind of architecture albeit it is without a doubt superfluous in some of it's structure. But I am inclined to agree that at first aerial glance, some sort of airway or port comes to mind. From the ground, one is reminded of Incan and Aztec architecture or perhaps Egyptian in layout. It doesn't take much effort really, to even see Puebloan kivas, ball courts and temples implied.

At the very least, it is an incredible effort and perhaps the reasoning for the current "off limits" attitude is just simply because it has not been officiated as a public park whereby foot traffic and otherwise can be regulated so as to control any unforeseen damage to the structures. Fascinating.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Board lately?

LOL, seriously though you are dumping A LOT of stuff here lately my friend, keep um coming, what else is on the legendary "Pegasus Shelf"?

As far as your 'base', I think it is nothing but art. I see no reason for it to be otherwise. But it is good you posted this, maybe we won't have a thread a few months from now about a " new secret alien base in Nevada". Thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm going with eccentric art. If I had tons of money and time on my hand, I might consider creating something strange-looking to mess with peoples' heads. Probably I wouldn't, but... you never know. I suppose it depends on how much money and time I had.

I don't see anything that looks functional here. If it is functional, then it's apparently something outside what we normally would see. Alien? Maybe, or maybe just a bit beyond what most of us know right now.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Sometimes the smallest things contain the largest secrets, interesting what fellow created this and should we do some background information on him.

All go with some underground (satelite information.)

A name that pops up is Joe Stevens, don't know who that is, but that's a name I got from my ability to mind hack.

Possibly some private contractor.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by menguard]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Absolutely amazing.
I would love to explore there, and take some pictures.
It looks like something out of a movie.
Art is one thing, but the muses were running wild that day.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The first photo was done in photoshop by the look of it. the rest are legit. who knows what it is.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08But it is good you posted this, maybe we won't have a thread a few months from now about a " new secret alien base in Nevada". Thanks for posting.

By Crikey... your beginning to sound like a debunker

But hey it's back to work soon so won't have as much time to spam the place

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
The first photo was done in photoshop by the look of it. the rest are legit. who knows what it is.

The first photo is a screen capture mosaic from Google Earth and I don't use photoshop

In case yawl missed the coordinates

+38° 1' 48.00", -115° 26' 10.00"

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Maybe he's building his own version of a UFO landing pad?

It's certainly likely to generate more interest from an orbiting spacecraft than this UFO landing pad:

www.town.stpaul.ab.ca...

But jkrog08 could be right, maybe it's just art.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
That really is an amazing structure, I have to say.

Although there is no reason to believe it is anything more than a piece of art.

Points.
1) Its HUGE
-Indeed it is. But unfortunately it doesn't say anything about it other than it's big.

2) It is almost inaccessible
-Indeed it is. It won't be open to the public until 2010. This is partly because it is basically a construction zone, which is not really public friendly due to the number of things going on (mainly heavy equipment). Another part, and being an artist I fully understand the intention, is that the artist Michael Heizer doesn't want it to be open till it's finished. All completely understandable.

3) It cannot be seen from any highway
This information is not important in the least bit.

4) Its near Rachael, Nevada mecca of UFO buffs
Which would mean if it was somehow really a top secret base affiliated with extra terrestrials then they chose a terrible spot. "Hey lets put a secret base close to a place where thousands of ufo hungry tourist go, oh and remember to make it known and allow people to visit it"

5) NO ONE is allowed to visit it
Again, this is due to it being a construction site and unfinished. Construction sites and tourist is just asking for that "Person crushed by 30 foot dump truck" lawsuit. It only makes sense to not let people visit it while it's being built with heavy machinery. Also, hes a stereotypical artist who doesn't like his painting to be seen until it is completed. Wait until next year and go visit it when it's opened, should be amazing to see.

So with that being said, if were to make a secret something then why tell people about it in the first place? Why cover it up by using an artist who publically announces it's existence, which would of been "more secret" if they just built it without the artist part. I would agree with you if Michael Heizer was a random guy that just popped up, but simple research will show that he has done projects very similar before this. I have to say that since it's an artist creating it, saying "it's too big to be art" or "it's too odd to be art" doesn't work seeing that it is well....art. My opinion is that it is in the desert because it's the perfect place to do a piece of art like this, and it's by Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon which are major tourist attractions. Seems like the perfect spot for what it says it is to me.

Some more information just because you can never have enough.

-His family has lived in Nevada since the 1880s.
-One grandfather, Ott F. Heizer, was a mining engineer, the other, Olaf P. Jenkins, was the chief geologist for California, and his father, Mr. Heizer's was an archaeologist from Lovelock, Nev., who taught at the University of California, Berkeley. (Explains the motive behind the art style)

Seems everything adds up and nothing is suspicious about this.
"Oh damn, it's just a super amazing piece of art" (sarcasm)

Links.

www.nytimes.com...

doublenegative.tarasen.net...

en.wikipedia.org...(artwork)

www.onlinenevada.org...

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Raumcole]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raumcole
Which would mean if it was somehow really a top secret base affiliated with extra terrestrials then they chose a terrible spot. "Hey lets put a secret base close to a place where thousands of ufo hungry tourist go, oh and remember to make it known and allow people to visit it"

Yeah... cool idea eh? It works for Are 51

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I would go with this how about DESENSITIZING PEOPLE to more underground facilities around Earth not only Terrestrial but non-terrestrial in origin also.

This private contractor was probably given the idea through some higher powers or should I say some high altitude flying vehicles. To make the enviroment a little more inviting one spot at a time.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by menguard]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raumcole
Although there is no reason to believe it is anything more than a piece of art.

Well there is ONE reason... this is a conspiracy site, not an art forum...

We find UFO's in old paintings too

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join