It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some evidence suggesting a UFO/Ghost connection

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Here is a wonderfully well researched site put up by Fortean Journalist, Christopher O'brien. I listened to a great interview with him recently on The Paracast and let me tell you, this guy has not only seen it all, he has captured it and has the backup of lots of notable witnesses all up and down the very mysterious San Luis Valley of the American Southwest. This has to be one of the best amalgams of researched material to bring all Paranormal Phenomena into one arena of study. Nothing less than fascinating. Lots of Photos and written accounts. He has some pretty amazing books out as well. Top Notch!

Source

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

I just signed up to the website you provided, have to wait for e-mailer for activation though. Seems to be very interesting, none the less.
Thanks for sharing!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923

I just signed up to the website you provided, have to wait for e-mailer for activation though. Seems to be very interesting, none the less.
Thanks for sharing!!!

Likewise! Thanks for sharing your Thread. Fits nicely I think. Can't hurt.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I just wanted to point out these orbs have appeared in crop circle photos. These 'energy anomalies' are very prevalent amongst the paranormal. It could very well be that they are all tied in somehow, using forces different from this dimension.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psycontagious
I just wanted to point out these orbs have appeared in crop circle photos. These 'energy anomalies' are very prevalent amongst the paranormal. It could very well be that they are all tied in somehow, using forces different from this dimension.

Agreed. I think they are tied in. I think the entire Paranormal field of research is one phenomenon. The catalyst and causation of it and the why are what I am interested in. It will take a long time to convince some of the staunch purists in these fields that their areas of research are not separate from but integral to the entirety of the gross Paranormal experience. *sigh*......a long, long time....

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

redwoodjedi,
When I was watching the episode I brought to your attention, they said they were hearing "Women Voices" all around them. Under the reveal of the EVP they had taken, and even though they were in an outdoor environment, they could clearly be heard when they were played back.
In one of the recording's O could distinctly hear what seemed to be a "Digital" or "Controlled Transmission" in the under tones of the finding's. The GH team said that they couldn't validate it one way or the other because of the situation and settings of of the DT location, but I could easily validate that it was "Women's Voices" and the underlying "Digital tones" being heard with my own ears.
"Why be so afraid to admit these affects of sound just because fear of ridicule?"
The GH team is respected by me, but I was a bit let down with their apparent apprehension to "A" credit these thing's to be easily and factually heard.
When the attack took place of the team member, he is completely lifted off of his sitting position and was thrown over ten feet away from his seated position? And there was nothing there to visually acknowledge, now with that being agreed upon, "Why isn't that proof enough?"

Looking forward to getting involved with the website you provided. I am currently writing a Sci-Fi. book and have all kinds of new directions to go in now that I have had a proverbial and verifiable slap in the face.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923

redwoodjedi,
When I was watching the episode I brought to your attention, they said they were hearing "Women Voices" all around them. Under the reveal of the EVP they had taken, and even though they were in an outdoor environment, they could clearly be heard when they were played back.
In one of the recording's O could distinctly hear what seemed to be a "Digital" or "Controlled Transmission" in the under tones of the finding's. The GH team said that they couldn't validate it one way or the other because of the situation and settings of of the DT location, but I could easily validate that it was "Women's Voices" and the underlying "Digital tones" being heard with my own ears.
"Why be so afraid to admit these affects of sound just because fear of ridicule?"
*snip*

I have captured some amazing outdoor EVP nowhere near roads or buildings but pioneer sites and mining sites. Very clear and what little peripheral noise there is surrounding them is easily explained away as nature instead of sifting through the plethora of automobile noises or machinery in the distance. Also to note, my brother and I have noticed that with more and more frequency, that as of late,the captured EVP is also simultaneously heard with the naked ear at the time of capture. Amazing. I am still looking up though when the events are transpiring because...

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I going to try to analize this phenomenon by looking at one case in particular that intrigues me. Not for necessarily the uniqueness of the described events but for the similarities of events that my family has experienced. Alot of what follows in this post may not have much by way of significance to you but it may well resonate and trigger something beneficial to another that they can later provide hopefully for us here.

The case I have chosen is the Black Forest, Colorado Case. Very interesting.

History of Black Forest, Colorado:

The history of the Black Forest area (Map 1) is closely paralleled by that of a larger area traditionally known as the "Pineries". The area originally extended from Divide, Colorado (in Teller County), through the present planning area and east along the Platte-Arkansas Divide to a point where the Ponderosa Pines thinned out. Altogether the Pineries encompassed a 1,000 square mile area. Although the origin of the name is not clear, that portion of the Pineries north of Colorado Springs became known as the "Black Forest" by around the turn of the century.

Source and rest of article

Black Forest, Colorado average annual climate:

Black Forest average annual precipitation is 19.6 inches per year.
Black Forest average annual snowfall is 42.2 inches per year.
The average winter temperature is 26.0 degrees F.
The average spring temperature is 41.8 degrees F.
The average summer temperature is 65.9 degrees F.
The average fall temperature is 46.1 degrees F.

Source

Black Forest, Colorado Terrain:

Link to Google Maps Sat Image showing terrain

The Case:

The Black Forest Haunting
Located northeast of Colorado Springs lies a heavily wooded area known as Black Forest. Within the thickest part of the forest sits a home on a 5 acre lot that has convinced local law enforcement, ghost hunters and a Hopi shaman that something supernatural resides there.

Back in the early 90's Steve and Beth Lee, along with their two sons, were renting a beautiful log home off of Swan Road. One year later, the family decided to purchase the home. According to the Lee's, this was when all hell broke loose. “One day we came home,” said Beth, “and it was like the Fourth of July in our living room and in our bedroom. We had all kinds of lights flashing through, and it sounded like people stomping across the roof. We would lay in bed at night and hear chains rattling. One night we woke up and heard orchestra music. Strange things started happening every day.” Numerous black shadows and orbs of light were witnessed throughout the home. The family regularly suffered burning eyes and throats from a mysterious chemical odor in the home.

Source and rest of article

The Black Forest Haunting

by Dennis William Hauck

The dream of Steve and Beth Lee and their two sons was to live in the beautiful Black Forest region of Colorado. For four years they rented homes in the densely forested area northeast of Colorado Springs before finding a spacious, two-story log home off Swan Road in the thickest part of the woods. What they did not know was that the former tenant of the house was convinced the property was haunted but did not mention anything for fear of being ridiculed. The unsuspecting Lees signed a lease in May 1991 and moved into the picturesque house, and a year later, they decided to purchase the five-acre parcel. That was when their problems began.

Within weeks of buying their new home, the gates of hell opened up on them. “One day we came home,” said Beth, “and it was like the Fourth of July in our living room and in our bedroom. We had all kinds of lights flashing through, and it sounded like people stomping across the roof. We would lay in bed at night and hear chains rattling. One night we woke up and heard orchestra music. Strange things started happening every day.” Their sons complained of weird lights and shadows in their rooms, lights and appliances started going on and off by themselves, and untraceable chemical odors burned family members’ eyes and throats. Steve Lee, a 34-year-old professional truck driver, firmly believed that someone was trying to scare his family out of their new home. But the Louisiana-born man told me that he had “just enough redneck left” to fight back against the elusive presence no matter what it took. He installed a state-of-the-art security system with video surveillance cameras and motion detectors, though the system often sounded alarms with no one around to trigger them. Over the next four years, they would have sixty-two unexplainable “break-ins.” The El Paso County Sheriff’s Department opened an investigation in April 1993 and conducted forty-five followups but could never find any evidence of a “crime.” After the sheriff stopped responding, the Lees hired private investigators to try to figure out what was going on. In the next two years, they spent over $40,000 on security and used up most of their personal savings, college funds, and investments.

Source and article

The above article also covers a bit of the TV show "Sightings" investigation.

Link to video footage posted by Steve Lee himself

Predominant Beliefs/Religion of region:

Various Christianity: Source

This is a general overview of the case and the involved individuals. Closer scrutiny of personalities and socio/educational backgrounds as well as religious beliefs and at what depth of seriousness they are taken would be a boon to this particular study. Anybody got any of that?

Cheers,

Erik

[edit on 22/SeppmThu, 10 Sep 2009 13:15:14 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Today I reinstated a website dedicated to the sole study of all Paranormal occurrences and contact as one phenomenon. I started it off with an experience of my own that was to be the driving force for all of my research and curiosity for these many years. Please feel free to comment on it as you like and continue to share on this thread.

On a side note, what the heck is up with the ATS Site today? Most of the main pages do not even come up i.e., Hot Threads, Top Threads and the Home page. What the Hell?! I had to back door my way into here through Googling into my own threads. Weird...

Cheers,

Erik

[edit on 22/SeppmSat, 12 Sep 2009 16:51:00 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Went to your provided website, read your statements of incidences and I must say it was quite a good read for the people that have a hunger for learning about such thing's!!
Way Up!!

I left a reply for you there, really am impressed with the overall visual and comment effects you have posted there, I guess what I am saying is "The people that visit this thread have to go and check out the website you have provided!"

Very professional and very enticing, to say the least.

I have never seen such strange and luminous orbs ever, gives me another channel of verifiable "Orb's may be factual" type of validation.
Thanks RWJ.. Great thread.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Thanks for the kudos AR!! I appreciate it. I try to do the best quality work I can in my research, evidence presentation, and over-all look of the product (for lack of a better term) I am presenting. The graphics have to be right. The text color and font have to cohese and just the whole package has to shine before I put my butt on the line for critiquing. I'm pretty anal. Does it show?

Expect more to show up there this weekend. I like to present "whole" cases at a time with all of the fringe (bummer word, that) goodies that go with it. I'm getting another package ready as we speak. Thanks again!!

Cheers,

Erik

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join