It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC: Republicans will be denied healthcare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Apparently the death panels myth wasn't enough for the Republican National Committee. They're apparently trying to start a whole new one -- now, it won't just be old people who will be refused care under Democratic healthcare plans, but all Republicans.

The RNC sent out a fundraising mailer recently. Couched as a survey, it contained one question that reads, "It has been suggested that the government could use voter registration to determine a person's political affiliation, prompting fears that GOP voters might be discriminated against for medical treatment in a Democrat-imposed health care rationing system. Does this possibly concern you?"

This would be laughable if it weren't so shameless, so irresponsible and so dirty.
www.salon.com...

Good old American politics.
Don't you just love it when they get all dirty and start throwing mud at each other?
I anxiously wait to see how many people will fall for this one.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Right now, nothing would surprise me. The fact that they want full access to everyone's Tax Returns is complete BS as well. Oh, you can afford it, we will not pay for it. Sorry about that. Quit your job and go on the dole then we may reconsider.

Admittedly, this scenario of discrimination based on voter registration seems bogus. The info will just be used in profiling. I wonder what they will do to a Libertarian like me. Placebos for all....

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I always thought the whole idea of registering as a specific party is pretty dubious. Where I live we don't have to register as a specific party, so in theory your voting history should not be able to be used like this. However all voting forms have serial numbers, so there is a possibility of it being done if they really worked at it.

I think really, the Republicans are just trying the usual fear tactics, it's a pretty silly claim. I think even most Democrats would find it disgusting if people where allowed healthcare based on political affiliation. I think it's a very small number of people who would be mean spirited enough to support that kind of move. I think that more Republicans than Democrats would support that kind of thing, you hear many more of them talking callously about people in general, hoping those "left wing hippies" all die, although that's still a tiny minority of people too.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Good old American politics. Don't you just love it when they get all dirty and start throwing mud at each other? I anxiously wait to see how many people will fall for this one.

Not just mud Wb, this is just another example of how low into the dirt and scum of lies and fear that some on the uber-right are willing to go. It doesn't matter what the end result will be, how many Americans will be harmed, that's not even a consideration.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Ahh the politics of anti-politics at work again I see?

Seems like the GOP are just in this to destory Democrats and any plan they put forward, regardless of if it's good or not. I wonder if all of this fear mongering and hatred will affect them in the next election, or if the American people will eat it up like a day time soap opera.

Unfortunetly I think it will be the ladder.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by uaocteaou

Yup. Screw the coountry as long as they get things to go the way they want them to. But the REAL problem is the fact that so many people actually believe this crap. Just like all the other BS stories they cooked-up that people bought hook-line-and-sinker and came back here to parrot.

Rather than debate a bona fide problem in this country (inadequate and increasingly unaffordable healthcare) and find a solution, they are wholly focused on bringing down the current Administration at all costs. They repeated trot-out outrageous claims which are quickly debunked and then follow-up with another and none of the parrots have caught on to the fact that they are being used as pawns.

It amazes me.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I thought you couldn't get treatment until you denounced Reagan, voted for Obama (for the third time) burned the old american flag and raised the Obama Banner, got an I "heart" Obama tattoo, and denounced four strangers as conservatives?

-hhmmfff-

Maybe I was wrong. . .

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Although I do NOT like the idea of having ALL of our personal information made available to the government for them to use as they best see fit (which is not always best for ME), I must admit that this is pathetic. It's fear mongering at its worse and actually HURTS the GOPs move to fight this health care bill. What this does is it makes the rest of the claims being made by the DNC about the fear mongering and outright lies seem to hold some water.

Bad move by the GOP in my opinion. I think they may have really hurt their fight with this transparent attempt to scare people into defiance.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by uaocteaou

... They repeated trot-out outrageous claims which are quickly debunked and then follow-up with another and none of the parrots have caught on to the fact that they are being used as pawns.

It amazes me.

What amazes me is that this happens on the left side of the isle too my friend. Both parties (actually playing for the same masters) play this game. It's the best way to keep us peons divided and conquered. I can't say how many claims made by the left have been truly debunked on this site as well. It's all part of the game. Make it so f'd up that no one really knows what the hell is going on at any time during any one day.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I don't think it will be the latter at all. I actually think that there is that swing group in the middle that usually decides which direction the voting will go during any given election. There will always been the completely twisted left wingers and right wingers that will never budge even when they are proven wrong (both sides now, not just one or the other). It's the mass in the middle that represents the average line of thought in this nation that always makes the difference. I don't think that this obvious attempt at fear mongering will work for them. I think they hurt themselves more than helped their cause with this transparent attempt.

I like how the RNC rep says that it was worded poorly. LOL Yeah, nice attempt to make it seem that it wasn't intentional. It's a joke and it's a dot on the GOPs eye.

The funny thing is that we still play to their tune. We are provided limited sides to pick from (really only two) and they try their damndest to divde us so that we forget what the real intent of public service is meant to be. Instead the public servants are the masters here and us served are getting served a big steaming pile of excrement for leadership.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sounds good to me. Deny it to those that are opposed to it. They don't want it anyway. Now we can afford it!

Just my 2-cents

top topics

join