It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***ufo document of proof***

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by texasoutlaw

How is this considered proof.

I can scan a piece of paper and call it unclassified, that doesn't make it proof.

What's your source?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Reads like a kid wrote it...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Do many of the documents from the military back in 1948 end with "What are your reactions?"

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
the fact that the air force considered the possibility that UFO's were extra terrestrial is hardly a revelation, even if this document is real. still, it's interesting if there's a source.

[edit on 27/8/09 by pieman]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
“hovering over Neubiberg Air Base for about thirty minutes”

Military usually uses exact times such as "object was observed hovering over Neubiberg Air Base at an altitude of X at the location of X latitude and X longitude 16:34:27 and continued hovering until 17:08:15 at which point in time it traveled off in X direction with a heading of . . . . . ", well I think you get the point.

“from many sources in a variety of places”

What sources and what places, again military tends to be a bit more specific.

“What are your reactions?”

Would this really be at the bottom of a secret military document?

There are other things, these are the ones that pop out at me the best. I could be horribly wrong and this could be written by someone who was in a hurry, but I highly doubt it.

[edit on 8/27/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
"For some time we have been concerned by the recurring reports of flying saucers..."

"... beyond the scope of our present intelligence thinking."

"...we are inclined not to discredit entirely this somewhat spectacular theory, meantime keeping an open mind on the subject..."

Yeah, not really the sort of things an officer would say in an official USAF memo, aside from sounding as if it had been written by someone from another country.

No names or sigs either.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Being a former Marine, I have seen my fair share of classified information. Honestly, even on some of the oldest stuff, it still has a certain structure. In documents meant to be read by someone else, it will have a certain method of addressing the target in the header of the document.

That said, if it was truly a declassified top secret document, you'd still see a rather obscene amount of blacked out information (names mostly) to protect those involved. Freedom of information acts can only do what the fifth amendment will allow after all.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Not too smart.
They never heard of conspiracy, the elite, Illuminati, and science books on
flying machines during the past 100 years.
Well it takes some research.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Here is the source information:

Description Ghost rockets

Top Secret USAF Europe document about extraterrestrial opinion for origins of flying saucers

Source

U.S. National Archives, Washington; Timothy Good, 2007, "Need to Know", p. 115
Date

November 4, 1948
Author

United States Air Force

Permission

public domain (U.S. government document)

wikimedia.org

As far as the document goes, there is nothing special about it, just the usual USAF speculation of UFO theories. You can find many more such documents here at bluebookarchive.org, the official Project Blue Book archives.

EDIT to add video discussing the book this document was discussed in:

[edit on 8/27/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 8/27/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ghost rockets.

Nothing but contrails, that is this a saucer problem.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by synchro
Do many of the documents from the military back in 1948 end with "What are your reactions?"

Actually a lot did, as a lot of the documents regarding the UFO phenomena were really a series of letters discussing evidence sent to other relevant officials.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by texasoutlaw

That is all i have to say

[edit on 27-8-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Gotta love that project Bluebook crap. I find it hard to believe that the project was nothing more a call center, where some secretary took a few notes. Come on, 701 out of over 12000 were found to be truly unidentifiable? Sounds like they only investigated 701, and left the rest alone. Running a serious investigation on all of them with the manpower that they had on the project would have kept the project open to this day.

Unless that's exactly what they did... they take the serious reports that proved without a shadow of a doubt that UFOs are ETs, and go TOP SECRET with them... while feeding bull-feces like this to the masses to pacify us.

So, I think it is safe to say while this doesn't prove anything... and looks like it was written by some teenagers... it could hold some merit, by saying "Yeah, so you know, UFOs are real, but I'll be damned if I am going to show you the proof."

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Oh yeah. I did the above in an old version of MS paint in 2min.

join