It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students' take-home assignment: Census kits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Anyone tempted to ignore the 2010 Census will have a tough time doing it — especially if they have kids in school.

The government has launched Census in Schools, an all-out campaign targeting superintendents, principals, teachers, students and, indirectly, parents, as schools open across the nation this month and next. The message: The Census is coming and here's why everyone should care.

The goal is to send posters, teaching guides, maps and lesson plans to every school in the nation, Puerto Rico and U.S. island territories to encourage everyone to participate in the national count. The materials will land in more than 118,000 schools and reach 56 million students.

"It's great to reach the children because children are such strong voices in their homes," says Renee Jefferson-Copeland, chief of the Census schools program. "In households that are linguistically isolated, they can express the information to their parents."
www.usatoday.com...

Things just keep getting more ridiculous by the day.
Least I can do is to start carrying a box of rocks in the truck to throw at windows owned by TPTB. Saving the ammo for now.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I just finished updating all of my departments property addresses with GPS coordinates! It gave me an uneasy feeling the whole time I did it. Supposedly it was for insurance requirements to determine when one of our properties falls in a disaster area.

I kept thinking of the Chinese Embassy that the US put a missile into, because someone got a coordinate wrong! One or two typos could make a big difference on bomb placement!

Anyway, back on point. What is the issue with the Census? I understand the GPS mapping issue, but I don't understand the counting issue? We have done it every 10 years, and I have never heard of anything bad coming from it?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is just sickening. This will only be the start. If kids are being a part of the census at this age, soon they will be forced into getting jobs, getting social security numbers, and never be able to be a kid anymore. parents deny this and complain to the schools, schoolboards and anyone in charge. Revolt!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

Social Security Number is assigned before leaving the hospital at birth! My 3 year old and 2 year old had visits from the SS office while still at the hospital!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The ACORN seeds are being planted in our schools. Unbelievable. What's next? Will they send the Brownies and the Cub Scouts door to door to take the census? Who can say no to those little faces?

A merit badge for census survey program is on the horizon.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Anyway, back on point. What is the issue with the Census? I understand the GPS mapping issue, but I don't understand the counting issue? We have done it every 10 years, and I have never heard of anything bad coming from it?

One question: Do you trust this government?

Most of us have known there was something seriously wrong with our government for at least several decades, but events of the last year show that the government has stepped off the cliff. The overt robbery of the treasury means in no uncertain terms that the end of the US is near. That's by design.

So..... what are these criminals doing and planning? For now, anything they want. And that will continue until we put our collective boot up their backside.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

What scares me is how is the White House going to manipulate and use the data they are 'overseeing' from the Census Bureau?

Census Director to Work Directly with White House

President Obama has decided to have the director of the U.S. Census Bureau work directly with the White House, the administration said today, a move that comes as the Census Bureau prepares to conduct the 2010 census that will determine redistricting of congressional seats.

Under the Bush administration, the Census Bureau director reported to the commerce secretary. Obama is adding oversight of the director by senior White House aides, but keeping the bureau itself under the umbrella of the Department of Commerce, White House spokesman Ben LaBolt said.

After Obama nominated a Republican, New Hampshire Sen. Judd Gregg, to head Commerce, Latino advocates voiced concern about him overseeing the politically delicate task of determining the nation's population. But LaBolt suggested Obama's changes to the organizational structure have been long in the making.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
They're getting WAY too nosy with these census questions! All they should know is how many people live in my residence.

People gotta start standing up and writing their Reps and bitching more. Give an inch and they'll take that ruler from you to smack you with.

new topics

top topics

join