It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No flu vaccines before mid-October, CDC predicts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This article appears to suggest that the flu vaccine won't be ready for the start of the flu season. It also seems to hint that there isn't going to be enough vaccine for everyone.

If this is the case, what does this say about mandatory vaccination? Are they still going to try to force people to take the vaccine, or will the lack of available vaccine make it possible to skip the shot if you prefer?

I'm thinking we'll be able to skip it, since it looks very much like there isn't going to be enough to go around anyway. There will probably be enough people interested in the shot, that they won't have to force anyone to take it.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
There's no way I'm getting that vaccine...but I wonder, could they really force people to get it? Is that lawful? Doesn't sound like it to me...but then again, they'll probably make it sound like it's for our own good and that they're doing us a service by making it mandatory. Ugh.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

They are creating a "demand" for the vaccine now.

Limited time offer. . . .
Going out of business soon. . . .
While supplies last. . . . .

This is just a media hyped event. If (big if) it mutates and turns ugly, then the vaccine wouldn't help anyway because it isn't formulated for this future "mutant" strain.

That's why they never have a vaccine for the cold virus, because it mutates so much.

It's a very mild version of the flu. No need to worry.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well, from my experience, mid October is the normal time to start flu vaccinations, in fact, you are normally requested to hold off until then.

However, there is a report I read here that the first wave of the Swine flu may peak in October just as the 1918 epidemic did. Then what are they going to do with all that vaccine? If it mutates again before the second wave, they will tell you it will still give you some protection.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I wonder if this is why they were pushing to have health care reform by October.

Oh the irony.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
Well, from my experience, mid October is the normal time to start flu vaccinations, in fact, you are normally requested to hold off until then.

However, there is a report I read here that the first wave of the Swine flu may peak in October just as the 1918 epidemic did. Then what are they going to do with all that vaccine? If it mutates again before the second wave, they will tell you it will still give you some protection.

How can they say that when they don't even know what kind of mutation will/might take place?

That's like saying, "here's a little piece of plastic. I know it's raining, but this might keep you dry.

or

"Here's some tinfoil. It'll protect you from the alien death beams."

If they can see into the future and know what form this mythical mutation will take, then they need to start a fracking thread and give me lottery numbers!!!

Ridiculous.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

How can they say that when they don't even know what kind of mutation will/might take place?

I can say it from my experience in this area. I am not saying that anyone necessarily knows what direction any mutation would take, but just as someone has had infection with a prior version of a virus, any subsequent infection is less intense. Ever notice how older people have fewer colds? How most people don't get the flu all that often in their lifetime...it is because they have already had a prior version

Also, those who have had the swine flu by then shouldn't be pressured to get a flu shot, but they will probably beg for it anyway.

Anyway mikerussell, you probably don't recall all my previous posts where I state I would not take the flu shot nor do I recommend it. The bodies own immunity is always best. You and I seem to agree on most of these issues.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think they're backing down a bit because everyone and their uncle knows those are killer vaccines, and they just dont have the man power to subdue EVERYONE at once.

They know WE KNOW a thing or two. But fear not, they will come out with some other form of anihilation for us.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

My apologies if you felt my diatribe was directed at you.

I have been fighting this "panic" on swine flu for some time. And I tend to get trigger happy when I see posts that state information from the media but I want to tone down the hype.

I'm not trying to kill swine flu threads, I just want everyone to be smart about this. Because when the media goes into full spin, there are going to be very few of us that have any common sense left.

Mike

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

My apologies if you felt my diatribe was directed at you.

I have been fighting this "panic" on swine flu for some time. And I tend to get trigger happy when I see posts that state information from the media but I want to tone down the hype.

Okay, I will take note of this in the future.

And I absolutely agree, the hype needs to be toned down. Way to much fear and attention brought to this subject, even on ATS; thus I rarely look at or respond to threads except when I think people need an awareness of truth.
It just take too much energy and there would literally be no end.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Geeeze you sound like my wife. "No we should wait to buy that 58" LCD when the prices come down" Well at some point you actually have to pull the trigger on the sucker and make it. If we wait till October then what about the mutations that will occur from that point till a vaccine is developed?

So far H1N1 has shown a low propensity to mutate. And even if it does that does not mean that the whole viral population will mutate in the same was at exactly the same time inactivating the vaccine. h1n1 as we know know would still be out there.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

It would be smarter NOT to get the vaccine. They are still working out the "kinks" on dose strength on children.

But this flu has such a low mortality rate that a natural immunity gained by exposure would have a much higher efficacy against other potential viruses.

People have "chicken pox" parties all the time due to the dangers of THAT vaccine, and its dangers have been around for quite some time.

Let cooler heads prevail. And your wife is right, wait until the christmas sales. . . .

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

There's no way they'll even know about efficacy and safety in time to produce, ship and begin in October.

Will they ship it anyway, even without the studies?

"H1N1 Vaccine Trials: NIH and WHO Won't Know 'Safety' Before September"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

jw

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
That's like saying, "here's a little piece of plastic. I know it's raining, but this might keep you dry.

or

"Here's some tinfoil. It'll protect you from the alien death beams."

AAAAACTUALLY......

-

[edit on 26-8-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

ok, my bad on that one. . . .

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I don't know what the law is about vaccines. I always thought mandatory vaccines were legal, since they (I think) make kids get them before they let them go to school. But I don't have any kids, so I don't know this for a fact.

Maybe it is just a way of creating demand, like someone said - make it seem like there won't be enough, so people will struggle to make sure they get theirs. I could see that as a way to avoid having to force some people to get it. But... I think a whole lot of people are going to skip the vaccine this year. In another thread they're talking about half of health care workers probably won't be getting the shot. That's a lot. That should tell us something.

I guess we don't have much choice now but to see what happens. Shouldn't be too long before we find out what's going to happen. Gee, I can hardly wait.

top topics

join