It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu May Cause 90,000 U.S. Deaths, Report Says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Swine Flu May Cause 90,000 U.S. Deaths, Report Says

www.bloomberg.com

Swine flu may infect half the U.S. population this year, hospitalize 1.8 million patients and lead to as many as 90,000 deaths, more than twice the number killed in a typical seasonal flu, White House advisers said.

In a report by the President’s Council of Advisers on Science and Technology, President Barack Obama today was urged to speed vaccine production and name a senior member of the White House staff, preferably the homeland security adviser, to take responsibility...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The drumbeat continues to ensure people get vaccinated. I don't understand how they are getting their #'s as our own Zykloner, who did a great job of ferreting out information (www.abovetopsecret.com...), was thwarted in his attempts to analyze the trends on this flu by a complete lack of information.

They are either lying to us about what they've been tracking and it is as bad as they are stating it is (i.e. trying to quell a panic) or they are lying to us about how bad this flu actually is, either way, we are being lied to.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The flu itself is'nt the worry here, the vaccines with poison are!!

I would rather take my chances with the flu, say NO to vaccines...imo

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth/seeker
The flu itself is'nt the worry here, the vaccines with poison are!!

I would rather take my chances with the flu, say NO to vaccines...imo

I agree, I just think that with stories like this, they are trying to scare people into getting the vaccine. I want to see the study and the #'s that show how 90,000 people are going to die!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Next week it'll be 9 billion people dead, then 9 trillion, then 9 buhgillion, this is just hype. During the early part of this summer they stopped tabulating just who had the disease. -sheesh-

Do they think we are ALL idiots?

Heres a report from May 14th, about them stopping the count. On MSNBC of all places.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well time to get my doctor repelant. Apples anyone?
Seriously, I will mess my doctor up if he sticks me with it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I hear they are going to withhold the vaccine to the elderly, that would be me, cool. j/k

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The question is why? Is this part of the 'let the old ones die off' crowd?
Or is it, make the young ones with the less defined immune systems sickly, then we can control em all.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by skycopilot
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The question is why? Is this part of the 'let the old ones die off' crowd?
Or is it, make the young ones with the less defined immune systems sickly, then we can control em all.

I think it's because old people are past reproductive age. I think part of this population reduction will be sterilization to prevent the majority of people from reproducing. And we're all fearing the other side to this vaccine, that, well... it's a bio-weapon

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSam

Withholding from inoculating the elderly makes it pretty obvious, doesn't it? Especially since senior citizens are normally the top recipients of regular ole flu shots.

Either, they don't want to waste the shot on the aging (which is cruel enough to be endorsed by the gov't) or it's sterilization.

I love karma.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Go Here If You Want To Know More
It gets scarier
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry not to derail the thread
But remember, historically vaccines cause more damage than the actual ailment.
Hope you don't mind OP, if so v2v me

Anyhow I don't believe this and neither should you
This is a FLU, it's just a flu

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
This is absolute, pure and simple fear mongering.

In a non pandemic situation, the following is said:

n the U.S., an estimated 25–50 million cases of the flu are currently reported each year — leading to 150,000 hospitalizations and 30,000–40,000 deaths yearly. If these figures were to be estimated incorporating the rest of the world, there would be an average of approximately 1 billion cases of flu, around 3–5 million cases of severe illness, and 300,000–500,000 deaths annually.

Source

If they are calling this a pandemic, with only 90 000 deaths, well that's better than the next stats.

During pandemics:

Known flu pandemics:

* 1889–90 — Asiatic (Russian) Flu, mortality rate said to be 0.75–1 death per 1000 possibly H2N2
* 1900 — Possibly H3N8
* 1918–20 – Spanish Flu, 500 million ill, at least 20–40 million died of H1N1
* 1957–58 – Asian Flu, 1 to 1.5 million died of H2N2
* 1968–69 – Hong Kong Flu, 3/4 to 1 million died of H3N2

Source

"Overall, the benefit of influenza vaccination is clearest in the elderly, with vaccination in children of questionable benefit. Vaccination of adults is not predicted to produce significant improvements in public health. The apparent contradiction between vaccines with high efficacy, but low effectiveness, may reflect the difficulty in diagnosing influenza under clinical conditions and the large number of strains circulating in the population"
Same wikipedia source

I for one am going to let my body figure this flu out. Not because I'm afraid of the vaccination, but because I feel I'm better off letting my body fight it.
All vaccinations for flu are more for weakened immune systems anyways.

It just seems like someone wants to really sell some vaccines. Perhaps it's the hidden way to wake up the economy.

Fear is a wicked tool

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

President Barack Obama was urged by his scientific advisory council to speed vaccine production as the best way to ease the burden on the health care system. Initial doses should be accelerated to mid-September to provide shots for as many as 40 million people, the panel said in a report released yesterday. Members also recommended Obama name a senior member of the White House staff, preferably the homeland security adviser, to take responsibility for decision-making on the pandemic. ‘Serious Threat’ “This isn’t the flu that we’re used to,” said Kathleen Sebelius, U.S. health and human services secretary. “The 2009 H1N1 virus will cause a more serious threat this fall. We won’t know until we’re in the middle of the flu season how serious the threat is, but because it’s a new strain, it’s likely to infect more people than usual.” Data from clinical trials to assess the safety and effectiveness of swine flu vaccines will start to become available in mid-September, health officials reported Aug. 21. Full results from the two-dose trials won’t be available until mid-October.

Initial doses should be accelerated to mid-September to provide shots for as many as 40 million people, the panel said in a report released yesterday.

Hmm, Obama says that the dates should be pushed up to September for the initial does, BUT........

“We are making every preparation effort assuming a safe and effective vaccine will be available in mid-October,” Sebelius said today at the CDC’s Atlanta offices.

A "so called safe" vaccine won't be availble until October. So, even at this late date in this flu mess we are still getting OBVIOUS doublespeak. The sad thing is I am willing to bet that most people who read that article skimmed right over that one.

There is no way to really know the truth about this, every single place you look it is full of inconsistencies, doublespeak, and outright lies!

My god I dread this fall and winter

[edit on 8/25/2009 by redhead57]

[edit on 8/25/2009 by redhead57]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here is another video on it. Note the source. AP. And listen for "test the vaccine." Check out the surgical masks.

www.youtube.com...

I agree with the others. I would rather take chance with the created virus - I mean flu - than the vaccine.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by DevilJin]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

There is no study. I'm absolutely sure some Left Wing Loon just
leaned back in his chair and made up the 90,000 number.
They had to come up with a number that gets your attention.
CNBC was interviewing a medical doctor and she said this is
nonsense. She said this all about fear.
She also said don't be so quick to take that swine flu shot!!!
I have heard enough. Ignore the White House and ALL of their BS!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
All of this stuff scares me, I have a 2 year old boy and a little girl due in october. I hear conspiracy theorist saying this is a government made flu and all sorts of crazy things. What is worse is sometimes when things are too far fetched to believe but it makes sense. Has anyone heard anything about this and if someone is more scientifically literate then myself can you explain to me in dumed down terms how these viruses evolve? I mean was swine flu around 200 years ago? Do we keep making these pigs test tubes with the horomones and antibiotics we pump them with for consumption? PLEASE HELP ME! sorry for the caps!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The people that die the most will be those who get the vaccine. Can people not see what is going on? The entire Obama administration are population control freaks, and they have stated this in the open as if it wasn't a big deal. They don't seem to be afraid of anyone trying to stop them in their population control scheme.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by robbiek1021

Supposedly the swine flu is a strain from the 1918 Spanish flu. This flu was harvested from corpses and there have been different threads about it.

The thing about vaccines is, while is true vaccines have helped to cull down on certain diseases, it is also true that many people have died, and suffered irreversible damage from the additives added in vaccines, and this practice is getting worse, which is making side effects worse.

The thing that will make the vaccines for the swine flu worse than any other is the fact that first, firms which have been paid to make the vaccines have been caught making "mistakes', if we can call them that, such as the firm BAXTER which sent live swine flu virus samples to several European countries when they were supposed to send vaccines, and not the live virus.

The level of safety involved in making vaccines should not allow for this type of "mistakes."

Also these firms have been given a green light in producing vaccines without making the proper experiments, and as one article which I posted not too long ago indicated, all that these firms have to do is promise to follow procedure instead of doing the normal long term experiments which should be done on these vaccines.

There are rumours that the vaccine will be given as either two shot, or three shot vaccinations, and the first two shots won't give any side effects, but the addition of the last shot will be deadly, but these are rumours so far.

If the swine flu does get worse and spreads more, as tptb are claimng it will do, then there will be a mass production of vaccines which won't have any sort of experimentation, but will be directly released to the public, and these could most probably be a lot worse.

So if you are going to get vaccinated, it might be a good idea to do it now, instead of waiting for the mass production release which won't have any experimentation.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
is it 90k with the shot or with out the shot?

Still i aint taking any shot...
Let em lock me up.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

i agree with you, they should of never took samples from dead people in the 1918. they just want it for biological warfare to make the population of earth less and to give special priviledges to those with money to spare the lives of the rich. im sick and tired of these severely mentally ill people being able to make such things in this world. i hope the disease kills those who made it, so i can sit back and watch them die slowly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join