It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Robot hand shows off amazing dexterity, speed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
That is fantastic,i've never seen anything like that before,technology is moving forward at a fast pace,soon there will be a terminator like robot doing tasks,from there who knows

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait
Intersting but not really new. If you have ever been into a High tech Automated factory, you see robots doing this all day. All they have really done is make it do applications that we can relate to.

Maybe one day Terminator will be real! we don't seem too far off this.

I'm heading off to work on Extra strength Magnets and magnetic fields. Its the only thing that will knock these suckers over.

I think there is a difference between a cnc machine that is programmed to repeat a task all day, and a machine that can ascertain on the fly where to move to in order to accurately perform a task.

And given that these things also have the ability to 'feel' with their fingers and react within 1ms gives it a much more accurate functionality.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by deadoralive

It looks to me like some people here still havn't seen Terminator!!!

They won't be saying 'wow' or clapping there hands when some big Terminator machine comes after them

Unless it's summer glau, of course!

She could come after me anytime!!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this it was a very cool video! Maybe someday they can make "robotic" hands or legs for disabled people. That would be nice.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1

I didn't know those things could react that fast

Same, I knew they were fast but that still opened my eyes.

Ahh we've come a long way since the old armatron!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
When we explore the galaxy and have star wars, I wonder what C3PO and R2D2 will really be like?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Do I spot the Autoturrets from the movie Aliens in the making ?

We already have those, with love from South Korea:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

"In the future, it will be possible to run a neural net software simulation with the bandwidth required to simulate a human brain, which will then be "raised" like a child needs to be raised."

And the trick is, you only have to do this once for each subset of desired routines, then copy/paste the learned routines right in the factory, or even "retrofit" them in real time, via P2P networking, to the software of other similar robots.
Human adaptivity and ability to learn from experience, which we thought were the absolute pinnacles and basically our species' main tools for survival in our known universe, are already obsolete, in volume capacity, speed of info acquisition and speed of spread; it's just that we don't know that yet.
Couple, with that, sensorial acuity beyond natural human limits and there's a right royal nightmare brewing in these kind of labs.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
That video blew me away... skynet here we come.

YES, the bots are coming! And I will be hiding under my bed, wondering when Sarah Connor is going to save me

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
A snippet from an article you can find here ...

www.iol.co.za...

"This isn't just pie-in-the-sky. The Blue Brain project, led by computer genius Henry Markram - who is also the director of the Centre for Neuroscience & Technology and the Brain Mind Institute - has for the past five years been engineering the mammalian brain, the most complex object known in the Universe, using some of the most powerful supercomputers in the world."

It's worth a read

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Then add in THIS:
www.geeksaresexy.net...

Along with this:
www.cray.com...

BBANG !!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

That, and a surgical strike or a covert attack on the research facility that is making this.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Not only will we have the opportunity to have an android mate.....it will be a super fast, and super strong one!! I'll order a short haired brunette female android, 5'5" 36D 24 36 with brown eyes....maybe a Demi Moore look alike!!

How long before all that is possible?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Lovely! Just lovely!

I have had people tell me that robotics is not yet well developed enough for us to develop robots to do all the jobs no one wants to do... Yet here is another example showing that those who make such claims really have no concept of where we're at in this field!

And this is what we're allowed to see. Imagine what is yet hidden - in corporate labs and Black Ops.

Yes, the abundance paradigm is NOT an impossibility. (For more information on the abundance paradigm, which frees us ALL (7 billion!) to live as today's elite do, check out the top two links in my sig.)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
That is not nearly as cool as this.

Kinda makes me sad that they stopped producing this model.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Really interesting video - HOWEVER - look at all the associated engineering kit and other infrastructure that is required to service the hand.

Good news perhaps for Manufacturing inductries but prosthetic limbs and I think someone mentioned the Terminator - still along way off!

John Crichton

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well, this is actually good news.

All manual labour can now be done by robots.

Party time!

Seriously people, technology in the right hands is nothing to fear. On the contrary you should hail it as it heralds the dawn of a new age.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Lovely! Just lovely!

I have had people tell me that robotics is not yet well developed enough for us to develop robots to do all the jobs no one wants to do... Yet here is another example showing that those who make such claims really have no concept of where we're at in this field!

And this is what we're allowed to see. Imagine what is yet hidden - in corporate labs and Black Ops.

Yes, the abundance paradigm is NOT an impossibility. (For more information on the abundance paradigm, which frees us ALL (7 billion!) to live as today's elite do, check out the top two links in my sig.)

Exactamundo...

"but they cost too much"...

It is not about cost, it is about what is possible today. And we can get rid of poverty, wars and other crap TODAY.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
nevermind

2nd line

[edit on 24-8-2009 by qwertopuss]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Heheheh...21st century hand job

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>