It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn & Teller - 2012 [video]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Some people say a rogue planet is going to swing by, some people say pole shifts, some people say asteroids, some people say spiritual ascension, and guess what? All of those theories can easily be proven false lol... what a bunch of crap I can't believe people still believe in some sort of "Mayan prediction."

*Staff Edit - Please do not circumvent the censors.*

[edit on 8/21/09 by niteboy82]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

and i can't believe peoples still believe what is said in msm...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IC 1101

When did Showtime or Penn and Teller for that matter become MSM?

I'm confused, do you know what MSM stands for?

I agree with the OP, the whole 2012 thing has gotten crazy. I guess if they say enough things are going to kill us then that raises the odds that they were right.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Honestly, in my perspective your thread and the youtube videos are also part of the bull#.

Like the ones that you are making fun of and attacking, you just claim to know something that is pretty much unknowable.

'Oh, but we have "experts" to backup our belief that their belief is just nonsensical.'

Oh, really, experts? I mean, people that simply confirm the previously stated theories are now experts? That's what they tell you so that you can become an expert too isn't it?

The believers and non-believers are just two extremes of the same stick.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yeah, seriously. This is like an atheist going into a church and saying "gawd doesnt exizt i lisen 2 slipknawwwwwwt".

Some people just can't let others be, can they?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Starred and flagged. Love P&T. 2012 is a large bunch o'junk.

Ian O'Neill, the British solar physics doctor writes articles on astroengine and for Universe Today.
www.astroengine.com...
Since he actually has the degree and does the work, I think I'll pay more attention to him.

But, hey, that's just me.

Others are welcome to listen to some guy with a balloon and a tennis ball, (and no evidence) and some guy that draws arrows on grapefruit (and no evidence).

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Actually, i have changed my stance on this now.
I firmly believe that the 'Brown dwarf star, Gary Coleman' is going to destroy us all. He even admitted to it. We are all DOOOOOOMED!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I still don't know how they can call something bulls%#$ without it actually occurring yet. I knew Penn and Teller were illusionists, but I didn't know they could predict the future too. Whatever happened to "I don't know what's going to happen in 2012"? My personal belief is that something's going to happen sooner or later the way that we have information flowing the way it is now. You can get pretty much any kind of information in seconds now, compared to just 100 years ago when it took much longer to get information from one person to another. Even in the last 20 years it's really accelerated and there's going to be a point where the increase in information is going to be so great, that there is going to be some sort of shift. Whether its spiritual, technological, or whatever, we're going to hit that point. I still don't think that you can debunk something until it actually happens though. So at this point on 2012, everyone is right and nobody is right.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IC 1101

and i can't believe peoples still believe what is said in msm...

There is a HUGE difference between "peoples still believe what is said in msm" and seeking out the actual truth and reality surrounding all the 2012 hoopla.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I think the multi-million dollar hollywood production of "2012" is the last nail in the coffin.

Sorry people, but no one knows what will happen in 2012, not even the Mayans thousands of years ago, as CRAZY as that sounds.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I have done EXTENSIVE research on the 2012 subject because I used to be very interested in it. I know that 2012 is a bunch of B.S. based on my many hours of research, but anyone who hasn't researched 2012 can watch this Penn and Teller show and see without doing much research themselves that it is complete B.S.

Oh wait, what's that people are screaming at me? The "Mayan" calendar ends on Dec. 21st, 2012? SO WHAT?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Ah, but 2012, in fact, isn't BS. It's gonna be the day after the 31st of December, 2011.

You might wanna research a little harder.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Whine Flu]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I myself like there maya calender as they say if the worlds gotta end what a way to go.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Well, I have also done my research and if you actually know something about 2012 (you said you know its B.S.) I'll have to tell you that you didn't do enough researching.

So good and extensive was your research that all that you learned can be understood by watching a silly program of 30 minutes? C'mon man, whats your real intention here?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu

Well, I have also done my research and if you actually know something about 2012 (you said you know its B.S.) I'll have to tell you that you didn't do enough researching.

So good and extensive was your research that all that you learned can be understood by watching a silly program of 30 minutes? C'mon man, whats your real intention here?

You might have reading comprehension problems, I don't know. Everything that I have learned about 2012 can be understood by watching a silly 30 minute program? Huh? Who said that? And who would think that? That's ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

You might have reading comprehension problems, I don't know. Everything that I have learned about 2012 can be understood by watching a silly 30 minute program? Huh? Who said that? And who would think that? That's ridiculous.

Originally posted by Diplomat

I know that 2012 is a bunch of B.S. based on my many hours of research, but anyone who hasn't researched 2012 can watch this Penn and Teller show and see without doing much research themselves that it is complete B.S.

I too think its ridiculous.
And if I have problems with my reading comprehension maybe you could help me out and explain exactly what you mean and what is your intention by saying all this.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I can honestly state the world will not end in 2012.

How can I say that?

The Bible states that will be 7 years of tribulation followed by 1000 years. If the Tribulation were to start in 2010 that takes us past 2012.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Doctor G

What is the Tribulation?
How do you know it isn't already happening for a while?
How do you know the Bible is accurate?

I don't believe the world is going to end in 2012.
But you are just doing the same thing the OP is doing, putting nonsense on top of nonsense.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu

I too think its ridiculous.
And if I have problems with my reading comprehension maybe you could help me out and explain exactly what you mean and what is your intention by saying all this.

I said that I have done a lot of research on the subject, and that even people who haven't done any research on the subject would watch that Penn and Teller episode and come to the conclusion that all the 2012 stuff is B.S. You said that my research was so extensive that all I learned could be learned in a 30 minute program. No, obviously everything I've researched over time can't be learned in a 30 minute program.

But that is petty and we shouldn't even be arguing about who said what, I would rather debate certain aspects of this "prediction" or "prophecy," whatever you want to call it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor G
I can honestly state the world will not end in 2012.

How can I say that?

The Bible states that will be 7 years of tribulation followed by 1000 years. If the Tribulation were to start in 2010 that takes us past 2012.

We aren't seriously taking the Bible as fact around here, are we?

You can't just come into a serious discussion and say, "The Bible states that..."

You can honestly state the world will not end in 2012? How could you possibly know that? While I don't think these predictions about 2012 are correct, I also don't think it's impossible that something big could happen in 2012, maybe even something else totally unrelated could happen who knows.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join