It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of the Star Disc

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Secrets of the Star Disc

When grave robbers ransacked a Bronze Age burial in Germany, they had no idea that they had unearthed the find of a lifetime. But they knew that it was worth selling. It was a small bronze disc of exquisite design. So they contacted the archaeologist Harald Meller, offering to sell it to him for £300,000.

Meller went deep into the criminal underworld and, after a police sting, he got his disc. It depicted the sun, the moon and the stars, in particular the constellation of Pleiades. This suggested an understanding of the heavens greater than that of any other civilisation of the time. Could it possibly be real?

After exhaustive tests, the disc was declared genuine. Then a team of crack scientists pieced together what it meant. What emerged is a true marvel.

This disc, it seems, combines an advanced understanding of the stars with some of the most sophisticated religious imagery of the age. In intellectual achievement and also age, it surpasses anything yet found in Egypt or Greece. It seems that civilisation had already dawned in North Central Europe.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Transcript of videos available here:
www.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 18-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Star, and flag to the OP for an extremely interesting insight to esoteric history.

I full on believe we are the cavemen in comparison to our ancestors. I think many wars have been fought over ancient esoteric knowledge...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed!

I guess that we have much to learn about our past.

Furthermore our past was propably much more glorious than anticipated.
(Especialy when refferenced to the modern era of corruption and lack of respect in all.)

S&F

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

This is the extraordinary story of how a small metal disc is rewriting the epic saga of how civilisation first came to Europe, 3600 years ago.

Finally they tell the truth! If it was 20 years ago this came to light they´d probably debunk it as a forgery!

All in all it also proves that man knew that the earth wasn´t flat some 3600 years ago and also had great knowledge of the starconstellations.

This find shakes the very foundation of the written history which is terrible and make believe. (the written history that is).

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
Star, and flag to the OP for an extremely interesting insight to esoteric history.

I full on believe we are the cavemen in comparison to our ancestors. I think many wars have been fought over ancient esoteric knowledge...

I couldn´t agree more!

[edit on 18-8-2009 by m4ng4n]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by m4ng4n

I was always surprised about people believing that the earth was flat when there is so much evidence about it, even when excluding all of technology and based on pure attention on things...

Then again i might be hard in thinking backwards, but i think our ancestors deserve better than that, excluding the dark ages (i guess at that age it wouldn't matter anyway...)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Interesting thing about the flat earth...

McCready, William D. Isidore, the Antipodeans, and the shape of the earth. Isis, v. 87, Mar. 1996: 108–127. illus.
Bibliographic footnotes.

"That the sphericity of the earth was clearly established in the ancient world is beyond dispute. Apparently unknown to the Babylonians or Egyptians, it was a discovery of Greek astronomy and was generally accepted among natural philosophers by the time of Aristotle. It was the received view of educated Romans as well, including Pliny the Elder. Among Christian thinkers, however, its fortunes are not quite so clear. It was not without significance that the ancient Hebrews, whose views were reflected in Scripture, conceived the earth as a flat disk covered over by the dome of the heavens ... [Isidore's] grasp on the spherical nature of the earth was tenuous at best ..."

Why is the MSM pushing the idea that the Egyptians and Babylonians thought the earth was FLAT?

I don't believe this to be true. I think they knew it was round.
What does the following Egyptian carving look like to you?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17cd6618e250.jpg[/atsimg]
To me...

• people climbing into or exiting vehicles in the sky.
  • the wheels are top/bottom views of other vehicles already in flight

and I think this is either...

• proof of visitation
  • proof of our arrival on earth

and further that...there is a massive fraud being committed on the planet in regards to our origins and history. But that's just me

Why where Babylonian artifacts found in South America and why is there a cover-up of these artifacts?

Read this extraordinary tale...

I wont go into details about how he came to be in possesion of the artifact I want to discuss, but here's some background on the cave where the items where found.
goldlibrary.com...
ancientlosttreasures.yuku.com...

In a nutshell a priest was given treasures found in a cave system under Ecuador and Peru.

The treasures for some reason are clearly Mesopotamian/Babylonian.

Take a look at this picture
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d22290fd8da3.gif[/atsimg]
Mr Hall is holding in his hands what is clearly something not made in South America and yet there it is, a solid gold Mesopotamian/Babylonian artifact found in a cave under Ecuador and Peru.

Does it not look suspiciously like
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f28d1d392477.jpg[/atsimg]

Can someone explain to me why solid gold Mesopotamian/Babylonian artifacts where found in a cave system under Ecuador and Peru??

Here is the video about Father Crispi and his artifacts
www.goldlibrary.com...

here's more photos
and more discussion on this issue

[edit on 18-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I wasn't aware the MSM were pushing that idea, not last year did a TV programme here in the UK, called QI, mention that this was a myth but then it was in a round called "general ignorance" where the presenter, Stephen Fry, deliberately asks questions for which the common sense answers are wrong hence general ignorance. Admittedly it is a commonly held belief that in the past everyone thought it was flat, just didn't realise it was being pushed on us as such.

Cheers for posting the documentary. I must have missed Horizon that week. It's nice to see more supposed barbarians realised as more civilised than was previously thought. I find it curious though that they equate warlike with uncivilised when our supposedly civilised nations are constantly at war with someone.

[edit on 19/8/2009 by CuriosityStrikes]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Nice ty!
I have to believe that we are a race with a historic ...uhhh amnesia
is that a word, anyhow you get the idea

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Nice find WarrenB, will be watching this thread like a hawk.

Star and flag!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Hadn't watched the videos yet......... I suppose these are answered there.

The picture with this guy with the pole or spear, seems as if to be causing it to rain or bleed. Possibly as if asking for rain?

The wheels seem to also have different symbols in the center hub. It's hard to tell by zooming in. Any clearer photos?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I saw the program when it aired and found it interesting. I do have a problem with identifying the cluster of dots as being the Pleiades though. I don't see how this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ce43ea53fb3.png[/atsimg]

Can be related to this:

Not too surprising that it could be a form of calendar. Stonehenge served the same function and it's older than the disk.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Dear friend!

Being situated in Crete, just to the north of the egyptian civilisation i can asure you that there were tight relations with the Greek civilisation who thrived at the seas and formed large role in emporium/trade.

As a result of the traffic another activity emerged/practiced strongly in the area. That of piracy. The most famous ones are Saracens
which have left yet plenty more marks around my island that is so rich in coulture history and civilisations.

But let me stop here for a second.
I obviously imply that propably in my oppinion the artifacts have traveled as far by long forgoten stories of indriga, politics and foremost piracy.

Substantiating:

Barbarossa was in fact two men, brothers, both named after the older’s red hair and beard. They were unwelcome visitors to Crete in the late 16th century with attacks on Sitia, Chania, Kastelli-Kissamos, Paleohora and many other towns. The Barbarossa brothers were Aruj and Khayrad'din, both born in Lesbos, and roamed the waters of the Mediterranean as corsairs. For centuries the kingdoms of Algeria, Morocco, Algiers, Tunis and Tripoli engaged in a system of state-sponsored piracy, capturing ships in Mediterranean waters and attacking coastal European villages. They used the victims as slave labour in their home ports. The Barbarossa brothers were infamous for their domination of the trading lines across the Mediterranean. They had ports all along the Barbary Coast in the north of Africa. In later life, they had ruling powers over Algeria with direct line to the sultan and part of Ottoman domination of the region. Barbarossa Ship Rethymnon Crete Kriti Fighting against Christians and Christian corsairs, it is said that Aruj was captured by the Knights of St John and later killed by Spanish crusaders in 1518. It is hard to say that these Barbarossa’s ever got anywhere near the Caribbean, but why let that get in the way of a good story? Today there is a pirate boat moored in Rethymnon harbour with real-life pirates ready to take you for a day trip. You might just see some local turtles while you are there on the open sea. Lucky for us, these days there are no real pirates to attack while we are enjoying a cruise.
Link for refference to originator.

Saracen:

The term saracen carried the connotation of people living on the fringes of settled society, living off raids on towns and villages and became equated with both the "tent-dwelling" Bedouin as well as sedentary Arabs. Church writers of the period commonly describe Saracen raids on monasteries and their killing of monks.
Extract from WIKI. Its an interesting read altogether.

Furthermore to give you a little more insight of the happenings in the area you might want to read the following on Cretan War:

After Philip's withdrawal from his campaign against Rhodes, the Rhodians were free to attack Olous and Hierapytna and their other Cretan allies. Rhodes' search for allies in Crete bore fruit when the Cretan city of Knossos saw that the war was going in Rhodes' favour and decided to join Rhodes in an attempt to gain supremacy over the island.[1] Many other cities in central Crete subsequently joined Rhodes and Knossos against Hierapytna and Olous. Now under attack on two fronts, Hierapytna surrendered.[1] [edit] Aftermath A map of the Aegean shortly after the war. Under the treaty signed at the conclusion of the war,

...and there's loads and loads more but even WIKI is not giving the correct and full story. In order to have a complete picture you need to live here and be studying this stuff for years (since childhood actually and as good as i may be i am no expert... it just too much knowledge there...)

So cutting the long story short: In my oppinion it was found in the other side of the world due to ...piracy.

and further that...there is a massive fraud being committed on the planet in regards to our origins and history. But that's just me

I couldn't agree more! Thats what the ones in control want! Lack of knowledge and oppinion. I must admit they are successfull too. Unfortunately. You can see that all over ATS...

As far as:

To me...
* people climbing into or exiting vehicles in the sky.
* the wheels are top/bottom views of other vehicles already in flight

... might as well be. I do not know. Alternatively it could be any form of rise to the skies or even plannets maybe?

However you see it its most unfortunate that we humans of foremost and unparalled capacity have managed to create such miracles of knowledge and then destroy, lose, or forget them. Take the Library of Alexandria for example...

Its only one example... If the Library of Alexandria was still there today we might see no mistery to the Star Disc but rather an item of confirmation and broadening of knowledge... What a loss.

If any mod decides to cut the post as irrelevant please copy and paste it to my u2u.... i have seen that happening before... Sometimes people do not see what you are trying to communicate and how it is relevant to the thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'm curious as to what the night sky would have been like back then. With he lack of pollutions and city lights and the difference in the upper atmosphere or ozone layer, maybe the night sky and stars looked even clearer, sharper and even larger.

So, with the European having been more advanced, than it would make sense that they were the ones possibly traveling around the world sharing their knowledge and trades?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I can actually see the correlation there, if you take off the brightest two stars to the left, and take the brightest 7 stars of the cluster, including the one 'lower' than the rest. Surprising to me, as I don't often find correlations with this stuff

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

No that aint just you!
I for one totally agree with the matter which is not just another assumption or theory, there´s way to much material that backs this up such as ancient maps, evidence of an ancient nuclear disaster in several parts of the world, cultures bound together by identical descriptions of their past & gods.

I could probably go on forever and back it up but everyone sadly enough has to be convinced on their own...It´s called enlightment!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Now this is a home run Warren.
S & F

Very interesting. I'll be reading for most of the evening. Has anyone been able to test the statue that's in the main stream?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hi,

I just wanted to add I've been tooling around Latin America for some time. It never fails. Most cities are built where the older ones were.

For myself from what I've seen I do believe Colombus, and the Conquistador's used ancient esoteric maps to get to the New World. I believe they came in advance to destroy whatever traces of 'pre history' they could find.

Solely speculation of course, but I've got good reason.

Many of the pyramid complexes in Latin America had Chapels built in the center of the ruins by the conquistadors; also the conquistador's destroyed many of the remaining statues, or carvings....they simply ground them out.

I knew Mexico City was built over an ancient city, but I did not know that was a reoccurring theme throughout Latin America.

Most towns in Latin America date back 400 to 500+ years. They are the oldest towns officially on the American Continent. Long story shorter; the cities were all built over existing Mayan/Aztec cities.

The conquistadors would dismantle the pyramids in the different Indian Cities, and directly over them build a Catholic Cathedral.. It's common place.

Just food for thought, and to me proves wanting to distort history...

just my two pesos...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6bc82c5ea157.jpg[/atsimg]

Hey sancho if you liked this topic you might enjoy these two threads I wrote...

Ancient America Rocked!

Olmec Giant Stone Heads Mystery Solved?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Exellent thread! Starred and flagged. Amazing find!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
great find.
I am not 100% sure,
but the islam symbol is of the crescent moon and a star infront.
Is that Pleiades that is usually depicted with the moon,
such as this one?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join