It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somebody Quick! What is this?????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I was thumbing through soho's realtime latest images, and I always like to watch the mpeg videos availble on there, well, this time I noticed something out of the ordinary fly across the screen, so I rewound and played it back clicking one frame at a time and OMG! There is a large circle of light, in the center is what looks like a planet flying across the sky! It seems both Lasco videos are missing some frames, it jumps past something to the end, but if you do what I did and click one frame at a time you will see it, it is on the Lasco C3 mpeg on this link.

I hope someone responds to this, I am dying to know what you might think this is, to me, it looks like a planet shooting past the sun!

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

edit to add: my title is named so because I am afraid this won't be on there for long!

[edit on 18-8-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It looks like a cigarette burn you see on some movies. It appears and disappears. I didn't see any trajectory, it was there and then it wasn't.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Actually, I clicked through even slower and there is a flash above the sun, long with what looks like something wrapped around it, just as the round thing approaches too. Some really weird looking stuff on this one!!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Here you go, I uploaded them for you that way folks can see them after they have been updated on the site.

(click to open player in new window)

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

jd, did you stop it while the object is there? you can see a perfectly round object inside a circular 'halo' of light, the halo is more illuminated at the bottom.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks, I can't do that from this, my work computer.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
And here it is slowed down, best capture i could as the media player is very screwed:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d467008475d6.png[/atsimg]

Its the white ball of light that passes in front of the screen.

My guess, since the video itself contains lots of other pigments and scars is that it is due to the rendering/capturing process. But im no expert on these issues, definitely isn't any planet though, in my opinion.

[edit on 18/8/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Do you mean this?

It's been the topic of several threads. It appears only in that frame and so must be relatively close to the satellite. The previous image also shows some anomalous stuff.

It looks to be "debris"

Where do the particles come from? Some of them are obviously from the spacecraft. For example, the image on Jan 14, 1998 shows tracks that seem to emanate from a point. We believe that something must have hit the spacecraft and we see a shower of particles from the impact. But most of the images just show one or possibly 2 tracks. We believe that these are the interplanetary dust particles.

Lasco debris

[edit on 8/18/2009 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

YES! That's it! So it is being discussed already on here? I usually check SOHO daily, but have been unable this week, I checked it tonight and wow!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Yea I stopped it on the frame shown above. I don't think its an object inside a bright light. The object looks like like a hole in the light. the circular object you are referring to is actually a hole in the light.

I'm not saying it isnt something, I just couldnt see a trajectory. It moved to fast to capture a frame by frame movement. If there is one.

link   
I could be wrong but I think the official NASA explanation was debris. Wont take long till people start screaming Nibiru or Hellion or whatever it is this week.

link   
reply to post by Phage

Wait, there was a thread a couple a days ago about the ball thingie on the right ...

Can't be from the same video can it?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Yup.
Check the timestamp of the image.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

LOL, yes it was from this thread:

Is the death star approaching the Sun? Look at this SOHO image

LOL, what a post for my 5,000th....

Anyways I have to agree that this is very very likely nothing but some type of debris that looks odd due to the imaging.

(EDIT: Phage beat me to it, mine looked prettier though
)

[edit on 8/18/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Do you mean debris that is near the camera, or space debris that is actually as large as the image projects?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Near the camera....

I hope there is no debris out there as big as the Sun!! We might have some issues then...lol

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by phage and the jkrog08

I'm going to assume that my answer on that thread that it is particles/radiation going around mercury is a little off.

[edit on 18 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
But.. it seems to be moving extemely fast, I thought that debris in space would barely move? I know I posted another anomoly I found in SOHO images, and the most common answer for that was debris, but it is stationary.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

LOL I love the "THE jkrog08".......lol

Anyways........Mercury no........"Particles" likely, some people may think "Protons, Neutrons, etc" when you say particles though.

The LASCO coronagraphs are very sensitive to dust particles that pass through the field of view. This is similar to the effect of a sunbeam shining through a window and scattering from the minute dust particles suspended in the air. Similarly, very small particles, at small angles from the Sun, get illuminated by the bright sun and are easily seen. Usually the space environment is very clean, but sometimes a streak is observed. Even more rare are images with multiple streaks, indicating more than one particle.
The width of the streaks vary because the particles are at varying distances from the instrument. Since the instrument is focused for infinity the particles appear out of focus and thus broad. This can be used to determine how far away the particle is, assuming that the particle is otherwise very small.

The length of the streak depends upon how fast the particle is moving, and how far it is from the instrument. For a given speed, the closer the particle is, the longer the track.

lasco-www.nrl.navy.mil.../debris

Seems like they think they are interplanetary dust particles, I see no reason to disagree with that. But I guess it is more fun to postulate about a Reptoid on the Nibiru Deathstar heading towards Earth for 2012....

LOL.......Well for some (not talking about you, in case you didn't know
)

[edit on 8/18/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

The exposure time for the LASCO images varies but I think it's usually a minute or two so an object doesn't have to be moving very fast to produce a streak.

I don't recall your previous thread but you've started quite a few. Can you give me a hint?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join