It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT IN NYC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The city is offically on red alert.

I've heard reports of tunnels being shut down an soldiers in the streets... nothin outside my window at Madison and 48th.

More as it develops...

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The soldiers are in the streets ?

It's not good.

Did you heard anything on a martial law or something else ?

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
don't have a TV in the office (yet, hehe...) But I'll keep looking....

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hey William, where are you hearing it from. I've been looking all over since your post, can't find anything, nothing on our local stations (Kentucky). keep us informed on any details please.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This all I can find so far...
n New York, museums, transportation terminals, hotels and the subway system were put on high alert yesterday as officials across the country responded to reports that terrorists might be planning to attack American targets.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
William is in NYC K-OS. Be safe William and keep us updated. We can't find diddly on the internet about this!!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Fox News had video on the tunnel from Brooklyn to Manhattan being shut down because of a suspicious package. I also heard a guy from Sky News interviewed on Fox News who said folks in London are freaked out because there are armed soldiers patrolling the streets there.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I heard about a bomb scare in the subway tunnels...Our local station (radio) had a guy on the set of the Today show, and he was talking about it...sounded like the incident took place either this morning, or the day before...not sure... I had assumed that William's post was another incident...might still be, who knows?

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
More recent...

No martial law (not worried about that).

Solidiers were seen running into the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel. People are tellings us the subways are extremely slow and unpredictable.

Traffic here in midtown is normal... perhaps a few more sirens than normal.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I can confirm William's statement; I have a relative who works in the NYPD Counter Terrorism Division. All trains that are going into the city today are being stopped and searched by "Hercules" teams before they go into the city and or bridge/tunnel. Also, all hospitals in the area are on their highest alert and experts on bio/chemical attacks flew into the city yesterday and are on standby. They fear something bad is going to happen over the next day or two.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
William,

If I were you I would be in upstate NY by now...

MM,

Ditto.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I just heard on cnn that it's (red) is just a rumor...

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Nah... no way to get there.

We're tough here... bring it on.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
the sh!t is likely to hit the fan in Iraq late Friday, early Saturday (looks like my est of the 15th is on the money so far...). I'd take a little weekend trip (just to be on the safe side...) if I lived in NYC right now... Then again, I'll be on an airliner, so I can't say much now can I?

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Paraniod thought here but what does everyone think of the possibility that the attack (if it happens at all) won't happen until Friday and might be pointed towards the U.N. since there will be lots 'o diplomats there and Blix will be giving another report on Iraq?

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It would be the logical target... Keeping with that though, security is likely to be insane, and they know it... If anything does happen, it will likely be a "soft" target that isn't considered likely...(not naming them, as no need to give 'em any idea...)

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
New Yorkers are pretty much teflon coated when it come to the hysteria hitting the rest of the country. If you walk the streets in NYC WITHOUT eyes in the back of your head or without being alert....you're probably from Alabama!

The most nervous I've been was after that mental patient blindsided & smacked the beejeebus out of that chick with a cinder block. I also hate walking under the hi rise construction when on the East side .
It did seem odd to me when I was walking past the tents set up for Fashion Week on 6th yesterday that I DIDN'T see a police contingent.
I think things are coinciding with the end of the Pilgrimage to Mecca, which I believe ends the 14th.

[Edited on 13-2-2003 by Bout Time]

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
notice wheneva tapes of osama come out its always 3-4 days till an attack happens if one does. Tomarrow will be the day if anythign happens

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I heard on AM talk radio a report of a van being stopped on a bridge in NYC with all traffic shut off and NYPD SWAT/military/HAZMAT on site, but nothing on CNN/internet about it. Any news on this???

Might not be a bad idea to grab your Colt 1911 and Springfield M1A and get out of the city...

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
No code red.

The city is still orange.

There have been a few vehicle searches... nothing reported.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join