It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian President Assad slams the door on Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Syrian President Assad slams the door on Obama

www.youtube.com

EyeOnWar reports that Syrian President Assad has rejected the United States conditions for peace, further straining an already fragile relationship between the two countries, and bringing the entire Middle East dangerously closer to all out war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-8-2009 by savetimerushonline]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This development really does confirm which side of the fence Syrian President Assad is on... he has shown his cards, and it is obvious that he has no interest in peace with Israel or co-operation with the United States, but has chosen rather to stick with his buddy newly re-elected President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

So the line in the sand has been drawn, and the dogs of war are barking... it's really just a matter of time before this World is in a seriously major conflict, with China, Russia Iran, Syria, Hezbolah, North Korea and Hamas plus allies coming against the US and Israel plus their allies.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Here is the video I got the story from for this thread:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It sounds more like economic ties than military. The US has also been involved in arms as is Israel. The carrot and the stick doesn't work with these people. This should come as no surpirse and just the SOS in the middle east. Those that do go along are likely just playing us also. Check your crystal ball if you don't believe me.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
It sounds more like economic ties than military. The US has also been involved in arms as is Israel. The carrot and the stick doesn't work with these people. This should come as no surpirse and just the SOS in the middle east. Those that do go along are likely just playing us also. Check your crystal ball if you don't believe me.

Well it seems that the US is giving Syria one last chance to join their gang before the planned Strike on Irans nuclear facilities is commenced. But Syria knows that Iran has Russia and China behind it, so it's not exactly in a hurry to come over to the West.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by savetimerushonline

When will Obama and his idiotic advisers REALIZE that you can't negotiate with terrorists or terrorist states?
What will Obama do next, APOLOGIZE to Syria, and BEG to be forgiven?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

You got that right and in agreement. These people are thugs and criminals and everyone knows the outcome from negotiating with those folks. Yet, ideal driven President thinks he can smooth over these foes?

Surely, he would have learned his lesson by coming up through the Chicago political system. These people only respect violence and a tough tone. Pleasantries are not how they operate and it is ludicrous for the Obama Administration to think other wise. These dictators only care about one thing, and that is, how they are going to keep their monopolies on power. So the lines are being drawn in the Middle East when the conflict with Iran begins.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

What will Obama do next, APOLOGIZE to Syria, and BEG to be forgiven?

Well I guess Obama is just trying to at least appear like he was willing to take the diplomatic route, before all out war is initiated.. neither side wants peace... theirs far to much to be gained from war.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

This is bigger news than most think. Here is a link to the related article. Remember the deadline Iran was given? September. Without any breaking developments action will probably be taken by the end of the year, probably blockade.

www.debka.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It will be obvious which sides are taken once Israel strikes Irans nuclear facilites. Politics and peace is just a cover for the press and the people who don't know any better.

Why would Obama be any different. I haven't recalled any miracles other than he's still alive and no apparent attempts on his life. It will be interesting if and when Israel attacks. I'm not worried, just waiting.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018

Why would Obama be any different. I haven't recalled any miracles other than he's still alive and no apparent attempts on his life.

lol.. so true, so true.

new topics

top topics

join