It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If life filled majorly with happiness or sadness?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this after myriad disasters in the family and in the world. Only time I can put a smile on is if it is necessary.

In my opinion, we tend to see life as suffering because we tend to focus on the less pleasant happenings in life.

NEWS: Bam, 50 people died here, 30 people died there, riot broke out here, kidnapping there, hunger in Africa and Asia, Global Warming, recession, extinctions, corruption,...

list goes on.

So... For the most part, what is your life composed of?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

predominantly, unhappiness...maybe you guys could help with that by sending me some money? I guess I'll just pin my hopes on the lottery. gotta go check on my ticket

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I really think this depends on the person. I myself have had a wonderful life so far, very rarely getting sad. I tend to always be a positive thinker, forgetting what bad things have happened to me and people around me. I've had a few family deaths, but that's about it. I can see people getting unhappy more than happy, because if something sad happens (like a brother dying) they tend to not want to let it go, which can drag on longer than a single event making you happy can. As of right now, I've hardly been sad at all. I'm living the life I've always wanted to, nothing is stopping me. I'm sure something bad will happen, but I will move on fast and continue on my peaceful venture called life.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Life is filled with joy and life is filled with tragedy.

So in the end it all comes down to which one you choose to embrace

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

I think your title meant to say "IS life filled majorly with..."

Of course you will find people all over the scale. And a sudden unexpected tragedy, like 911, can knock a whole population down the scale, which is really not a good thing. Some "snap out of it" after a while, and some don't.

But your post is in "Skunk Works" not psychology, so why don't we look at this from another angle: Where on the scale do the powers that be that do not have your best interests in mind want you to be?

If you look at it from that perspective, then you see why the papers seem to work so hard to cover stories of death and destruction, and give a back seat to stories of life and creation. You see why so much money is invested in weapons of war, in medical technologies to fix people after they are already sick instead of keeping them healthy, and in drugs that poison the body, rot the mind, and destroy moral judgment.

The fact is that there are people who do know how to stay happy (at least most of the time). There are methods for helping people to get over emotionally crippling experiences. There are ways to help other people that need help, including your closest friends and people you rely on. But the powers that be don't want you to know about those things. Their interest in keeping people feeling sad and hopeless goes beyond the opportunities such people provide to make a quick profit or acquire a few more slaves or criminal operatives. Their interest in keeping people down is caused by a perverse insanity.

So just don't buy it. There is no reason we have to let the insane rule our lives. Anyone who really wants to can still seek and find real solutions to this situation on the internet or in many libraries. And when you find them, let others know they exist.

The body must die as a part of the natural cycle of life. But the spirit doesn't have to. So just disagree with their agenda.

top topics

join