It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Bara - Dark Mission Secret History Of NASA seminar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Mike Bara is an engineering consultant with over 25 years in the field working for major aerospace companies. His first book, "Dark Mission - The Secret History of NASA" co-authored with Richard C. Hoagland is now available and is a New York Times Best Seller.

A presenation at the CEF Research Conference on July 5, 2008.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I guess my question is "Do you have a point to make here? Is there a discussion topic which you wish to propose?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Wow, more pictures of rocks and shadows on the moon presented by some guy with a wild imagination who is trying to sell his book to a bunch of gullible people. Who could have imagined that.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What is it with the influx of uneducated trolls on this forum?

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

With all due respect, can you show me how those are not just rocks and shadows. I watched the whole video and there was nothing there that appeared to have any organized structure beyond what you would expect on the moon. Would you like to point out something that wasnt a rock and shadows. But, by all means buy the guys book, I am sure he could use the money.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
any intelligent comments appreciated

[edit on 10-8-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

How is my post any less contructive or more trolling than posting a bunch of rocks and shadows from the moon and trying to pass them off as proof of some sort of civilization on the moon. That is about as constructive as me dressing in a Big Foot costume, filming it, and trying to say its proof that Big Foot exists.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

You find the most interesting topics for threads! The ones I've seen are very intriguing. Hope you keep them coming, I so much enjoy pondering information such as this.

liw

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I hope you are not addressing me. I asked a legitimate question, and am still waiting for an answer.
Normally, a member posts a video with some comment, or question. Merely posting a video concerning a book may be considered a violation of the T & C, under the category of advertising.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Do you know what really worries me about this video? When Hoagland talks about Cydonia he goes on and on about the face having eyes and teeth, the triangular object having internal structure, etc. Then Bara comes along and starts to confess that they've got it wrong. How wrong is anyones guess! The face now doesn't have teeth- the triangular object now doesn't have internal structure. . . I wonder if you went on minutely scrutinising this data just how many other Hoagland facts would turn out to be incorrect and have normal down to Earth, or should I say down to Mars, explanations.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I think the more people focus in on aspects of this, the more clouded it becomes.

Simple fact is the geometric shapes of the rocks are highly unlikely to create those patterns overall and warrents transparent missions to those spots to see what is going on.

As far as trying to figure out if its filled with chambers, candy, goldfish, etc...thats just speculation and a dangerzone of losing people.

Interesting video ops...such a profound consequence if indeed they are even half right...now the question is, how do we...the people..find out without having TPTB holding the cards.

One of us must become a billionare and fund our private exploration vessel, until then, we are all just doe eyed sheep listening to Nasa as a small child listens to his dad.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mrFantastic4567

these some guys are reknown NASA consultants, physicists, working with teams of structural engineers, and other scientists, and mathemeticians.... so rocks and stuff are probably something to a more disciplined eye,.... I myself have been following their work since the mid 90's so I know for a fact it is

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee
reply to post by mrFantastic4567

these some guys are reknown NASA consultants, physicists, working with teams of structural engineers, and other scientists, and mathemeticians.... so rocks and stuff are probably something to a more disciplined eye,.... I myself have been following their work since the mid 90's so I know for a fact it is

Oh well, if you know for a fact it is I guess we can all sleep soundly in our beds. . . Excuse my sarcasm but aren't you even remotely concerned that information that has been spoon fed to us on radio (C2C), television, and even Hoaglands private DVDs, is suddenly being reassessed and found to be wanting?
Since the mid 90s I've heard about how the Face has teeth and how the structures have internal geometry. Now all of a sudden they're back tracking. . . I think all this evidence that Hoagland and Bara have produced over the years needs looking at again. I can see where this post will undoubtedly go. Zorgon and mikesingh will take up the case for the defence of Hoagland and Phage and ArMap will add cautionary notes while JimOberg will set about grying to get Hoagland the death sentence.

I, for one, believe there are structures on the moon but hearing Bara correct his mistakes put a rather sizable dent in that belief. . .

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I really like Mike and this presentation. He has so many great images and topics to discuss in here just alone.. A lot of these topics have been discussed here before, and this reinforces the idea that Mars (as well as our Moon) have indeed been visited by other races (as well as our own).

I take comfort in knowing there are people like him going against the grain of "can't do or can't be" people - and admire him for this.

The world was flat once - WOW!

Also remember they told the Wright Brothers they'd never fly - boy how could you think that in today's environment, you'd be called insane!
Imagine how many things would not be discovered without those daring to investigate and then achieve these kind of marvelous things.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
What some people call backtracking, I call honesty. The fact that Bara and Hoagland are honest about what they have found is one of the biggest reasons I keep listening to them.

I've never seen the teeth and it's nice to hear Bara say that he doesn't see them either. On the other hand the tear duct and the iris are there. I myself have downloaded the official images from the HiRISE website and they are deffinately there. As for the chambers or cells they are there as well.

I'm still not 100% convinced that the face is man made (or alien), but the the cells or rooms that make up the face are indeed there, and so is the tear duct and the iris. The only way to know for sure if it is artificial or not is to go there, and I think that is one of the biggest things they are trying to convey.

Hoagland and Bara don't just make stuff up or say their information came to them in a dream or something. When new images are released by NASA they take those images into account. This is why I respect theese guys. I wish there were more out there like these two guys.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrFantastic4567

With all due respect, can you show me how those are not just rocks and shadows.

I believe that the book, as should be obvious from the title, contains a lot of info about the history of NASA that most people don't know. Not *just* a bunch of rocks.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Clickfoot]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Now listen me old mate WZN.....

I've read a great deal of Hoagland's stuff.

Mate.....he just gets worse & worse.

Look at this from his website:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ed681b4db11.jpg[/atsimg]
Synopsis:
"Just in time for Christmas, this three-hour, lavishly illustrated 2-DVD set (Sam60 - just $39
) -- produced, directed and presented by Richard C. Hoagland, Founder and Head of the Enterprise Mission -- investigates the "hyperdimensional background" to Obama's extraordinary win.
Based on Hyperdimensional Physics, Hoagland successfully predicted the historic results of this election almost two years ago! In this production, based on further application of this HD Model, Hoagland now presents never-before-seen clues to what America and the world may expect from this incoming, unique "Hyperdimensional Obama Administration" -- including, what Barack Obama may finally do with NASA's decades of classified data on intelligent artifacts discovered on the Moon and Mars, as well as what could be in store for all of us at the end of Obama's first term ... in "2012." "

Ummmmm....okeydokey.....hyperdimensional Obama.....

Now be fair..... why would anyone half sensible put any more time & effort & interest into Hoagland's material?

It's all just really, really, really silly.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
To those that wish to tell me how to think I have one reply: don't!

No-one has a right to tell someone what to think - and the very essence of freedom is to be able to think whatever you want.

I like to discuss positive optimistic possibilities - which to me is more constructive than negative ones.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Come on WZN......

"Hyperdimensional Obama"

You gotta admit that's just a tiny little bit dodgy....

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I lost a good deal of respect for hogland when he turned his website into one huge sales site for his books and dvd's. I used to love listening to him for hours. He can still tell a good tale, and is still interesting to listen to, but that site drives me crazy when ever i go there. Buy this, buy that, coming soon to dvd, now available on dvd...Hogland has crossed over to the marketing side.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join