It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd animal behaivor....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I live in the country on a small 'working' ranch. 150 head of cattle give or take a few.

So, my son and I decided to walk down to a stream near our house to do a little fishing. As we crossed another pasture (we have permission) a cow came over a small knoll about 300 yards away.

Usually, these cattle take a look a resume grazing. However, that was not the instance on this occasion. Without provocation, cow started to gallop toward us. I sent my son toward our fence line about 50 yards away. The cow continued to charge toward us. She let out a loud bellow and dropped her head.

I took off my hat and let out a loud whoop. She continued toward us. So, I ran for the fence. We both got over the fence just moments before the cow reached the fence line. That should have been the end of it. We started toward the house, deciding to get our bikes and take the dirt road to the creek.

Although I have never had a cow chase me from so far away, I do know they can be quite aggressive, so it was odd at that moment but not 'weird'. Here's were it got weird!

She skulked up and down fence, found a spot near a gully, and hopped the fence. She resumed her pursuit! We took off running, already a good 100 yards ahead of her. We ran for our corral, hopped the rails, and made our way into our other pasture. But she was not deterred, she followed the fence till she found our open gate.

At this point we were on a collision course! So, I told my son to run ahead and get our heeler who was in our fenced in front yard. I got the cows attention and she started towards me ignoring my boy.

She chased me into a small patch of woods at the back of our pasture. Well, I dodged her for a few minutes and hid behind a tree. Meanwhile, my son got our ATV and our dog and came after me.

The cow gave chase to the ATV! She kept bellowing! Well, the dog ran her in circles until we got clear of her. I called the owner and he met me at our fence line, opened the gate, and we shooed her in.

So, he called the vet. Nothing is wrong with the cow! But, our neighbor said it is the third time one of his cows (not bulls) has done this recently. The vet, who works with both of our herds, is baffled! None of us use steroids or unusual pharmaceuticals. There is no indication of BLE of course! It's strictly a behavior issue.

But here is where it gets very weird! Our malamute/ wolf hybrid (she is a beauty rescued from a scumbag!) and her daughter, a mallie/heeler mix are howling at odd times, acting weird and being very protective of my son.

Everywhere he goes, they go! And if they are inside the yard they flip out and howl and bark. And at night, they sleep under his window. They do not move until morning! They just started this behavior.

Our chickens are roosting high, our cat is just 'extra frisky', and our heeler gets on our doorstep at night and refuses to move.

Moreover, we have a cow who just keeps crying out like she's got a lost calf, but she did not calf this year! And my wife and son have noticed odd behavior in the local wildlife.

I mentioned it to our vet, his exact words, "It's happening all of the place. I have buddies from vet school, that do same sorta vet work as me. (meaning rural large animal) and they've noticed weird stuff goin' on." And a friend he has at Fish and Wildlife has told a similar tale.

It's like "Signs". This is not a prank! I promise.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The new worldwide ELF Mind Control program brought to you by the NSA.

Are you close to Alaska, Greenland, or Norway? How about any new military installations or a better question:

Have you noticed any new antenna arrays or military aircraft flyovers in your IMMEDIATE area?

Chemtrails? ANYTHING new?

[edit on 10/8/09 by MajesticJax]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Where are you located? It would be interesting to see if anyone else on here is able to post some similar information.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

That is a very wild story. All of your animals are sensing something. No doubt.

Adding my 2 cents to the strangeness of animals lately, I adopted a female stray pregnant cat early this spring. We thought she was ours (or we were hers). She had her litter on the 17th in our house. She moved them three times within 10 days. On the 13th day she went out and never came back.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax

Are you close to Alaska, Greenland, or Norway? How about any new military installations or a better question:

Have you noticed any new antenna arrays or military aircraft flyovers in your IMMEDIATE area?

I was thinking sound weapons or frequency blasts.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

Originally posted by MajesticJax

I was thinking sound weapons or frequency blasts.

ELF weapons ARE essentially "sound" weapons. Subs use ELF to communicate while deep underwater.

ELF

Remember the "hum" everyone across the world has been reporting more and more?

The "Hum"

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
If you are up for a way far out spiritual reply.. I've been reading that since this is the end of this cycle for Earth, and the cycle for all inhabitants of Earth, the animals' contract is up. They say the animals agreed to serve humans for the cycle. Well, the end of it is upon us.

I wonder if the cows are attempting to 'voice' this and remind humans that the time is up for their use as food and the like?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

It has also been theorized that ELFs have been use by the US and Russian Military in order to indirectly influence weather. This was done through changing the ionosphere and creating a virtual bubble that bends the jet stream.

Thanks for those links. Some of the technical talk is over my head but I think I get the gist.

Tanner, R. L., U.S. Patent 3,215,937, "Extremely low-frequency antenna". 1965.
Hansell, Clarence W., U.S. Patent 2,389,432, "Communication system by pulses through the Earth".
Altshuler, U.S. Patent 4,051,479, ELF vertical dipole antenna suspended from aircraft

Since 1965 this technology has been patented and most likely in use.

The Communication system by pulses through the Earth may be having a detrimental effect on animals.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Since 1965 this technology has been patented and most likely in use.

The Communication system by pulses through the Earth may be having a detrimental effect on animals.

yep. here's something recent:

Lower Ferequency Sonar

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Every couple of years you hear about "placid" animals charging. Cows (as opposed to Bulls) rarely charge or attack, unless they are with calf. The one exception to this rule is with dogs. For some reason cows will chase a dog down to ground with no provocation. However, they have been known to chase humans on rare occasions, and they are relentless in their pursuit, just as Bulls are (and as you discovered, they can clear up to 4 feet in a jump).

We one time had a black bear wander next door into the neighbor's yard that had a whole herd of cattle. One of the cows charged and chased the black bear till it ran up a tree. The rest of the herd came and surrounded the tree. Every time the black bear would get the nerve up to try to climb down all the cows would take turns ramming the tree. When our neighbor finally moved his herd to another pen, that black bear ran like there was no tomorrow and we never saw him wandering near either of our properties again.

Just because cows are generally placid doesn't mean they don't get angry and charge like a bull.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Actually this past week my cat has been very unsocial and hiding during this past week. Normally he is very social! At nite he would come to me and "talk" at me in a very agitated tone. He seemed very distressed! But really if you think about it even people have been acting a tad peculiar.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

This would be interesting.

Image if all the animals were to "go." Food would be gone, and so would we.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Animals behave this way specially when they sense a disturbance in the earth's electromagnetic field, sometimes weeks in advance, which to them portends danger.

There has been a lot of seismic activity, with earthquakes - 3 to 4, tsunami warnings being issued in the Indian ocean as I write this.

If your vet says that animals in the surrounding areas are behaving weirdly as well, then its very apparent that the seismic effects happening in another part of the globe has affected the EM sheild where you live.

Check a local source for disruptions in the EM field in the atmosphere where you stay.

Your animals are picking up that and reacting to it. The behavioral patterns that you have described, be it the cow or your dog, is for protection, for self or family, perceived or otherwise.

There is nothing wrong with them.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I have been out walking in the pasture behind my house and have had cows come charging out of the woods after me. A few days later, that cow will show up in the rest of the herd with a calf. It's not unusual for them to sepparate from the herd for a few days after giving birth, and they are very protective! Sometimes they will have another cow with them as sort of a guardian.

They probably sensed your dog as a preditor, and followed you so relentlesly due to the scent.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
I have been out walking in the pasture behind my house and have had cows come charging out of the woods after me. A few days later, that cow will show up in the rest of the herd with a calf. It's not unusual for them to sepparate from the herd for a few days after giving birth, and they are very protective! Sometimes they will have another cow with them as sort of a guardian.

They probably sensed your dog as a preditor, and followed you so relentlesly due to the scent.

Or maybe him, his son and his dog are secretly aliens. That would explain it too. Come on people, where's the wild speculation lately? Always trying to find LOGICAL answers. Pfft.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

For sure. Now we have to come up with some creative sustainable ways to feed ourselves. However, we would not need this ridiculous health care plan anymore!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

But really if you think about it even people have been acting a tad peculiar.

Yeah I've been noticing that lately were certain folks are just creepier than usual like something up.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

She did NOT calf this year! And my son went to the house and got the dog after she started chasing us!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Actually, my mother speculated that someone has released an 'unfamiliar' predator in the area. Perhaps, a leopard or tiger from a private zoo.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have started to start a thread at least a dozen times in the last two weeks about this but never did. So I'll add it in here.

We have two outside dogs, both strays. The basset we have, Mule, we have had for several years; he just came up and decided he liked it here. He strays a bit still, but always returns home. The other dog, Ox, an American bulldog (what most folks around here call a 'pit' bull) wandered up a little over a year ago. I swear in all my days I had never seen an animal so pitiful. He was literally about to drop over from starvation. Every rib and vertebrae was showing through his skin, and he couldn't even lift his leg to pee. He would sort of twitch his hip in an attempt, but he couldn't get his leg up that far. He was scared silly of anyone or anything that came near him, not to the point of growling or threatening to attack, but rather to the point of trying desperately to get away.

I can't stand to see an animal suffer like that, and the poor thing was just too pitiful to put out of its misery, so I told my wife to pick up some Puppy Chow and put it where Mule couldn't get it. She did, and slowly Ox became ours. Today he is little more than a big puppy, fawning over my wife and kids. He finally warmed up to me as well, but still will flee if he sees something in my hand that reminds him of a weapon. Judging from the scars over his body, he was severely beaten, probably in an attempt to turn him into a fighter. I figure when he wouldn't fight, he was dumped out, starving, to die a slow death.

Anyway, he is normally a happy, healthy dog, just still very skittish. He has never shown one single sign of being aggressive towards us or anyone else. But about two weeks ago, he decided to do something totally out of character for him. The front door was standing open (as it usually does in summer) and he was sitting on the porch as he often does. But suddenly he slunk into the house like he was terrified. As soon as he crossed the threshold I yelled at him. Normally a quick sharp yell will make him stop and slink backward, but this time he kept going forward, slinking lower as though terrified of me but more terrified of staying where he was. He made it past the living room before my wife and I could stop him, and stood looking around the hallway like he was confused as to where he wanted to go. It took a lot off coaxing to get him out of the house. I really didn't want him scared of me, so I let my wife do most of the coaxing and scolding while I stood guard that he couldn't go anywhere but outside. Even though he would normally come running at the coaxing she did, he only crept toward her in a submissive posture, like he was expecting something horrible to happen to him.

He did this three times in two days, then stopped. He went right back to being a normal dog. Then today, he did it again, just like before. Neither time he has done this has there been anything in the yard that isn't always there. Sometimes Mule is lying in the yard, and sometimes he isn't. There are no other animals running loose (except a cat that Ox sort of ignores, and he hasn't been there when this happened). I thought maybe it was something in the mountain that scared him, but folks, I have lived here all my life and I can tell when there is a critter up there as soon as any of my dogs can. There has been no critters.

I'm at a loss to explain this behavior. Normally Ox doesn't even like going inside sheds, much less a house. He likes it outside, even during heavy rains. Anyone got any ideas on what could be happening with him?

TheRedneck

top topics

<<   2 >>

join