It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Honour Killings: Women and children burned alive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Muslims claim their religions goal is peace, but what do honour killings have to do with peace? Maybe someone can help me understand...

Wiki says:

An Honor killing (also called a customary killing) is the murder of a family or clan member by one or more fellow family members, where the murderers (and potentially the wider community) believe the victim to have brought dishonor upon the family, clan, or community. This perceived dishonor is normally the result of (a) utilizing dress codes unacceptable to the family or (b) engaging in certain sexual acts. These killings result from the perception that defense of honor justifies killing a person whose behavior dishonors their clan or family. Honor killing is mostly widespread in Islamic countries or countries with predominantly Muslim population.

I'd like to remind you I'm not a racist. I'm just trying to understand why Muslims do this to the people they love. peace be with you.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Chovy]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

In a word terrible

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Originally posted by Chovy
I'm just trying to understand why Muslims do this to the people they love.

Good question. No idea why...it is certainly not part of their religion.
As the name says, it must be something to do with a misplaced sense of honour.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by babloyi]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Honour killing is not part of the Muslim religion despite what ever that wiki editator is claiming. However, honour killings are practised by backwards cultures and in Western countries by Westerners. In the West, it is called crimes of passion or domestic violence.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

What absolute nonsense. Crimes of passion are caused by )ealosy. Honor killings happen because Islam never left the middle ages and worships a false god.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangeman dave
reply to post by Chovy

In a word terrible

No at all .

If you want a word - that would be "Allah-o-Akbar"

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Doesn't the bible tell a story about a Shepard guy that killed his sons in the name of god or something???...

second line

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

What you saying this crime wasn't terrible?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by fapython

What absolute nonsense. Crimes of passion are caused by )ealosy. Honor killings happen because Islam never left the middle ages and worships a false god.

Actually if you consider what you have written, you will agree that it is nonsense. It is just a statement based on nothing.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Allaho Akbar is technically 2 words.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If you look at Islam as the religion, like the ACTUAL religion,
not the balls you see on TV, hear about, or the crap from countries
where they mix the regions culture with the religion
(Like a Burkha is necessesary, so is marriage within the family,
so is doing everything the priest at the mosque says) is all totally crap.

Im a pakistani muslim,
that throws me straight up there as Osama's nephew,
coz im dark skinned and have a beard

It actually tires me to hear the same crap and stereotypes over and over,
If people want to go to the extent of judging people because of what they hear,
they should read the original source.

Iv read the qu'ran 8 times in arabic, and nearly 4 times in english and i have yet to see any of these rules or actions stated anywhere.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by fapython

and i find it absolutely hilarious coming from a person who displays a picture Thor, a VIKING (remember those barbarians?) god.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
reply to post by IAF101

Allaho Akbar is technically 2 words.

Not in Arabic!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

So you speak Arabic?
Actually God is Great are three words in English and الله أكبر (Allaho Akhbar) are two words in Arabic.

I note that your ats name is IAF101(Israeli Air Force) and your signature has the Israeli flag so it would be inadvisable to not accept information about Islam or Arabic from you without checking it first. I think this is known as a conflict of interests.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
Honour killing is not part of the Muslim religion despite what ever that wiki editator is claiming. However, honour killings are practised by backwards cultures and in Western countries by Westerners. In the West, it is called crimes of passion or domestic violence.

Hey Mason so...
Are you trying to say that it doesn't happen in Muslim societies all around the gulf?

[edit on 9-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey Slayer, are you saying domestic killings do not happen in the good ol' US of A.

As for the Gulf States or Israel, there is no accounting for stupidity and people are killed unlawfully. Islam or any other religion has got nothing to do with it.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'd like to remind you I'm not a racist.

...followers of the muslim faith are not of any specific race... so, although your claim was intended to belay presumptions that you are racist, it does the opposite and also makes me question your education...

I'm just trying to understand why Muslims do this to the people they love.

...the custom is not limited to just muslims... why the custom exists in any culture is multi-faceted and would make for very interesting research... should you commit to that mission, you might find out that you dont disapprove of all honor killings - and/or - that your own ancestors participated in such (or worse) - and/or - that religions are often altered/warped to suit political/social agendas...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
from what I understand about these honour killings, if a daughter or son is wearing innapropriate dress code the father can just kill them? that sounds pretty barbaric.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

It defintely seems like even the Americans do it too, especially when our flouridated leadership can't come up with any better ideas ...

The most important documentary you'll ever see !

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

from what I understand about these honour killings, if a daughter or son is wearing innapropriate dress code the father can just kill them? that sounds pretty barbaric.

This is a wiki definition and does not have any bearing on reality. Imagine a parent executing a child for wearing the wrong cloths - ridicules.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join