It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on Déjà vu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hello,

The other day, I had a strong feeling of Déjà vu (DV) and it has influenced me to write this thread. I do not get DV often. Probably something sparse like twice a year!

So, I was sat in the office and talking to a friend (also in the office) via the instant messaging (IM) system at work. We were talking about a company night out that happened the previous night (and I was actually rather hungover at the time).
We were talking about a certain lady that I was going to ask out on a date based upon actions of the previous night and then suddenly I got this overwhelming feeling of DV, so strong that I just KNEW that it had happened before

About a week earlier the guy I was talking to uploaded a new picture to his IM profile and my DV feeling had such strong feelings surrounding that photo. To me, this kind of rules out the fact that it is some kind of crossover to something that happened like a few months earlier and is just triggering a memory from a while ago.

Onto my thoughts ...

My thoughts involve the theory of parallel universes and Quantum Mechanics (QM) that offer the hypothesis of having an infinite number of universes on different dimensions that cover every possible outcome of a situation.

DV is when there is some kind of glitch that leads to a crossover in these dimensions. So because we have every possible outcome in a separate dimension I was offered a glimpse of a parallel dimension, side by side having the same conversation and then just before the outcome was learned ... the feeling dissipated.
In one of the dimensions the path goes one way, and in another, it goes a different way.

These are my thoughts and I am aware that this "theory" is already around, I am not saying that I made this theory up, just offering my thoughts on it.

So why did all of this weird we out?

I was saying to my friend that I should ask her out on a date and to be honest it is a little more complicated than just asking her out but basically I either did, or I didn't. Let's use those as the possible outcomes of this.

This means that between these dimensions that overlapped, I both asked her out and I never asked her out.

Once the glitch had stopped and I was left facing that crossroads I was trying to explain this to my friend and saying that in this dimension I either have to ask her or not because in the other dimension I had either asked her or I had not.

So I was kind of stuck and didn't know what to do

What would happen if I asked her out in both or if I didn't ask her out in both? I guess it just means that the two dimensions remain parallel until there is a split somewhere in the path.

Anyways, yeah that's it. Good fun. I think that DV is great and am interested to hear your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Pretty cool thread.
I like your idea, it could very well be the case, or possibly it could be a case of a crossover where it happened a week or month before in that reality, so it is a memory of another you in that dimension that actually crossed over into your conciousness. Just another idea I thought I'd throw out there.
Ask the woman out, either way if you did or didn't in the other reality, there's a myriad of reasons that parallel could split off anyway for any number of reasons. Maybe she'll say no to the other you and yes in this reality.
JMO. Or don't and wonder if you made a mistake...whatever. But, you should take my advice. Really.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Interesting theory. I get Deja Vu quite often. I have had it last a minute and even longer. Most of the time it's not very long but it does weird me out at times. I get to a point in the DV where I start thinking I may have already done this or what I should do and then it usually goes away when I decide. I will be thinking about what will happen next and its like I already know. I sometimes laugh when it happens for longer than normal because it is such a strange feeling that makes me feel good in a strange way. I honestly dont really know what to believe about DV but it is interesting to say the least. I like your ideas on it.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

thanks for sharing your ideas about DV,my thoughts have always involved a time machine (silly I know, since I was a kid)...but in my idea, DV was me remembering a future outcome (almost) because someone else in the world has reset time, not just for him, but for all of us, we just aren't aware it happend till we get a flash of DV. I guess in this theory, someone would only have to reset time once for us all to have occasional DV...depending on when time was reset. I know this conflicts with the very idea of time travel, but like I said, had these thoughts since childhood.

PS - I would suggest not sharing this ,ine of thought with your date-to-be, as it may have a negative effect on her decision...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cole DeSteele

Well, I demand another reset then. Seriously who's holding the machine? I want a reset!
Anyway what you said could be truth. Or remember that movie Kpax when he says we live it over and over again so get it right the first time? What if that explains deja vu? It always had me wondering, because that could be an explanation for DV, Precognition, and hauntings as well.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Hey,

I am jealous that you get DV quite often. I kind of like the feeling in a strange way because it makes me stop and think (and then post crackpot threads :lol

reply to post by Cole DeSteele

That time machine idea is really interesting. How though do you think it works when separate people are feeling DV? Or are there a number of time machines affecting different realities?

reply to post by ldyserenity

Yeah it is possible that the exact same string of events happened say a month earlier in one reality because there are an infinite number out there and spawning at a constant rate.

The problem with this whole "splitting into another dimension for every outcome" theory is that there must literally be an INFINITE number and I just find that really difficult to get my head around ... like where are they all?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
hi george!

I have recently made a thread about deja vu (or what I have thought to be me getting DV) as well. I found what you said about having a glimpse into a parallel universe very interesting because when I experience what I believe to be DV the way I describe it, is that I am seeing with my physical eyes, but at the same time, I am in another place in my mind? I guess the most simple way to explain it is like watching to tvs at once.
Anyway, here is the link to my thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have been experiencing it very often lately. I hate it! Makes me feel so sick and sleepy too.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
reply to post by mblahnikluver

reply to post by ldyserenity

Yeah it is possible that the exact same string of events happened say a month earlier in one reality because there are an infinite number out there and spawning at a constant rate.

The problem with this whole "splitting into another dimension for every outcome" theory is that there must literally be an INFINITE number and I just find that really difficult to get my head around ... like where are they all?

Here is a thread that may help:www.abovetopsecret.com...

there's one that I can't find this minute, but has to do with bubble universes and stuff, it is here on ATS somewhere. The beleif is that they exist right alongside of us. Check out string theory on the google search toolbar. What it is are different level of vibrations that each parallel holds and they would be near an infinite number.

Edit to add: Last night I had a very strong sense of DV when I went to the public full moon circle in Tampa, Fl. I got tunnel vision with this one it was very odd feeling. People may say "but you probably have gone before and that's why" But no, I never went to one before, I was supposed to go to last month's but couldn't make it, this month I did for the first time ever.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Last night I had a very strong sense of DV when I went to the public full moon circle in Tampa, Fl. I got tunnel vision with this one it was very odd feeling. People may say "but you probably have gone before and that's why" But no, I never went to one before, I was supposed to go to last month's but couldn't make it, this month I did for the first time ever.

OK this interests me because this could be that whatever obstacle prevented you from going last time in the other dimension was removed due to the string of events leading up to that obstacle. So in another dimension you did actually attend this event the previous month and then these experiences collided during your "first" public full moon circle.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Last night I had a very strong sense of DV when I went to the public full moon circle in Tampa, Fl. I got tunnel vision with this one it was very odd feeling. People may say "but you probably have gone before and that's why" But no, I never went to one before, I was supposed to go to last month's but couldn't make it, this month I did for the first time ever.

OK this interests me because this could be that whatever obstacle prevented you from going last time in the other dimension was removed due to the string of events leading up to that obstacle. So in another dimension you did actually attend this event the previous month and then these experiences collided during your "first" public full moon circle.

Absolutely, that is true. I always thought that these explanations for DV could be fact. I don't buy that your brain is remembering things similiar, but not exactly the same especially to where people go somewhere for the first time and just know they've been there before.

I also just had one while posting on facebook, I could swear I posted the exact same thing before now am I really just getting DV more or Am I just noticing it more? Or am I losing my mind?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
unfortunately i am a frequent deja vu sufferer..
im constantly telling friends and family that i have seen this moment before and can tell them whats going to happen in the next minute until time resets itself and continues again...
it drives them mad because im usually wright about everything that is going to happen with in that minute...
on a few occasions it has acutely saved me from injury or maybe death...
on one occasion i was out with my wife in the car(she was driving) and we pulled out of a petrol station, in the distance i could just see a white lorry coming in the same direction we had just turned...
i said to my wife i have seen this before and told her to pull into the side of the road and let the lorry pass us...
when it passed i told her to wait a few seconds before driving on..

as it was a straight road we could see the lorry 300-400 meters ahead smash into one of those road sweeper lorries that was cleaning the edge of the road and then push it and itself down into the drain that ran beside the road..

i dialed for the emergency services on my mobile as we raced to the scene of the crash to help...
the driver of the lorry had fallen asleep and caused the crash..
the driver of the road sweeper suffered from broken ribs etc..
my wife asked if that was what i had seen and i said what i seen was us being hit from behind by the white lorry and rammed into the road sweeper where we died....

we where both crying from shock...

i can feel the hairs standing on the back off my neck as i write this...

it all happened on the armagh road just below broomhill est portadown n.ireland in 2003....

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

WOAH!

As I was reading that (even before you wrote your hairs stood up) mine were going crazy and I felt chills run down my spine.

I am pretty jealous to be honest that you get it often and it actually forms a kind of premonition!

Amazing. Would love to hear more of those, you should have been in that Nicholas Cage film about seeing the future (cannot remember what it is called).

I want to feel DV more often so that I can try and delve into the theories surrounding it a little more but I guess that there is no way to induce DV

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I've had dv too alottoo and I read something once in a book that said .... when we are about to come into this body we are in, we are given two or three choices of lives to pick based on what we need to learn, and we are shown portions of the life we choose to show us what it is going to be like and that is that DJV we experience, the portions we are shown. I dont know if that makes sense but the book isby Michael Newton, The Journey of Souls..I cant find an exact quote but when i read it the first time, something inside me clicked like
*OH!* it made so much sense, i mean, what IS DJV for anyway????????

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bliss101

Hey,

Thanks for your input.

My confusion with that theory is that if DV is a glimpse of that life that we are going to occupy then how do we feel it having already occupied that life?

It is essentially giving us a glimpse of the life that we have already chosen?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

heres a strange one... when my wife was in hospital after she had given birth to our first child i was all alone in the house.. in the middle of the night the telephone in the hall downstairs rang and woke me up.. glancing at the digital clock to see what time it was i got up and went down to answer the telephone...
at the bottom of the stairs i turned left at the last step to pick up the phone, out of the corner of my right eye i saw a black shape emerge from the open living room door and attack me...
kicking|punching and shouting i woke up back in bed to the sound of the telephone ringing down the stairs...
thinking it was just a stupid dream|coincidence i noticed the clock was the same time as in my dream ..
i went down to answer the telephone and was once again attacked by the black shape .
again i woke up in be hitting out at nothing and the sound of the phone ringing...
this time i only went halfway down the stairs and stirred towards the living room door expecting something emerge..

all the time the telephone kept ringing
i had a real feeling of dread come over me and fear got the better of me and i retreated back up the stairs ..
i set in my room with the light on for ages listening to the telephone ring for ages and never left my bedroom til morning...

was i getting deja vu repeating on me the same moment in time?.
what was the black shape in the living room..

on a sidenote the house we had moved into was previously owned by an elderly couple from new..
they had both died , the man from a heart attack on the doorstep of the house after opening it to try and get help... the woman died in bed a year later... we got the house a few weeks after she died...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

Dude, you have had some crazy stuff happen to you. Makes my life look so boring

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I think its one of two things.

One of your eyes takes information in faster than the other eye.

OR

The seventh center (Sahasrara) is the chakra which integrates all the chakras with their respective qualities. It is the last milestone of the evolution of human awareness. Nowadays, we are at a level which corresponds to this chakra, and our consciousness is able to easily enter into this new realm of perception, which is beyond our limited mind and concepts, and which becomes absolute at the level of the Sahasrara. It is the direct, absolute perception of Reality on our central nervous system.
Its outside the body, apparently slightly above your head on the left. Maybe you view your surroundings at a certain moment without your eyes and with your chakra/mind. And then your eyes take in the same information as your head turns to see it. puz:

BUT…apparently more attractive people get déjà vu more often. The last time I had it was about 2 years ago.
:

[edit on 14-8-2009 by justin credible]

[edit on 14-8-2009 by justin credible]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Absolutely, that is true. I always thought that these explanations for DV could be fact. I don't buy that your brain is remembering things similiar, but not exactly the same especially to where people go somewhere for the first time and just know they've been there before.

I also just had one while posting on facebook, I could swear I posted the exact same thing before now am I really just getting DV more or Am I just noticing it more? Or am I losing my mind?

I like your point, and I have heard that similar memory explaination before and I do not buy it as well.

I have gotten DV my entire life, and when I was younger it was just some weird thing that happened occasionally. Later in life (cant remember the exact time) I realized what was going on, and decided that everytime I felt it coming on, I would try and predict the next movement in the procession.

We have all had that, DV suddenly hits, and we instantly feel as if we know, then we look at something, and we have a specific memory of that exact view. But you KNEW you were going to look at that specific thing, and you some how knew it was the next step of the DV. Do you guys see what I am saying?

Well, over the last few years I have experienced DV tens of times, and each time was able to predict what I was about to see next. IF anyone has seen lost, look for the season 3 episode in which Desmon can see the future, and hes at a bar and the jukebox plays a song. He knows that the game on tv is about to have a goal, then the some guy is going to come through the door and smash the bartender with a bat.

That's how it feels for me when I get DV, like the jukebox comes on, I hear the song and I instantly feel the DV, then I already know that there about to be a goal on TV, and since I know that I try to anticipate the next step of my DV experience. In over 90% of the cases, I am able to predict the next step.

Using the traditional explanation, how could I do that? I know I am not the only person who experiences it like that, so hopefully someone else understands my rambling. If it were simply the 'feeling' of recognizing the situation, how could it be possible to anticipate the next action in the sequence? According to the traditional explaination, it is still a NEW experience, and thus the entire experience would be unique and unpredictable - as life is.

But it's not. And furthermore, it's interesting that after my last dejavu which happened yesterday, I have had an urge to write a thread about this, and log on today to see this one

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I know exactly what you're saying. Especially with all the possible outcomes, the fact that you know the exact one...well the numbers are astronomical on those odds!!!! Really!

[edit on 14-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join