It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qaeda tells Obama conditional truce offer stands

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Qaeda tells Obama conditional truce offer stands

www.washingtonpost.com

Al Qaeda's second-in-command Ayman al-Zawahri said a truce offered to the last U.S. administration was still on the table, but President Barack Obama must withdraw troops from Muslim lands and meet other demands...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
This is an interesting story. When you look at the demands being made, they're not unreasonable: they can be summed up in "leave our country and stop imposing oppressive regimes in our region."

However, I have my doubts about whether AQ really exists, and I certainly think that Osama is dead, so al-Zawahri might actually be head... of a non-existent organisation

Whatever, he's at least attempting to open a dialogue, which is more than the US ever bothers to do.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Can I at this point register a plea to the mods and site owners to allow a little more than 500 characters for an extract? It barely allows one to quote the opening paragraph of this story and there were other things I'd like to have included. Still, it's done now.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Maybe if the US could go in to negotiations a better deal might be found for both sides. That's what negotiation is, and as you say the terms are not totally outrageous . Jaw Jaw is better than war war.

however, I'm also unsure of the dodgy connections between AQ and the U.S Government.

Still Jaw Jaw is better than war war.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The thing I noticed was on the CBC website it was saying that AQ said the offer for a truce still stands so I went to CNN and they had a headline saying more troops are needed.

I was under the impression that when in combat and one side calls truce the war is close to being over.
Its clear to me that they don't want it to be over and will stay there regardless of the other side calling for a truce.

I think AQ is on to the fact that the US has been using spin.
In the last few months I have noticed that now AQ even has a spokesman.

More propaganda in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
so let me get this straigth , cia tells obama there will be a truce between obama and the cia ?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Of course they want a truce, that's because as an organisation they've been pretty much obliterated. They have nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, no leadership structure and no political agenda. They're a spent force.

But Al Qaeda is just one faction of a much larger movement that is radical Islam and its confused, backward, hateful, supremacist ideology, which openly despises the West and everything it stands for, and which wants to stop Islamic countries such as Pakistan and Afghanistan from progressing into the 21st century at any cost.

(For the record, I am very supportive of liberal, progressive Islam, it's as good a religion as any. But I can't stand bullies and bigots.)

[edit on 5-8-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

"IMO", this reminds me what was done in Vietnam to the US.

This reminds me what is constantly done by Gazan's.

The, ok, peace for now since you have actually done a good job at iliminating our leaders and others don't really want to be replacement leaders who get targeted and killed also.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
so let me get this straigth , cia tells obama there will be a truce between obama and the cia ?

Mmm... that rather neatly sums up the problem I have with this.

I don't know enough detail about all this stuff to be sure of, well, anything. It's not impossible that al-Zawahri does have some independence from the CIA and is labelled AQ for convenience by the US media.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

One, you have present no proof al-quad is CIA.
(It is a well know "theory", but never proven)
two, if we showed no interest then, do you think we will show any now?

I know Bush would not deal with terrorists.
I honestly don't know if Obama hold the same mentality.

I suspect all of Obama's advisors are telling him that the US is doing real damage to their leadership inphrastructure, stay the course.

Honestly, what incentive does he (Obama)have to now work with them?

[edit on 8/5/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

"America's relationship with the Muslim world cannot and will not be based on opposition to terrorism," the president said. "We seek broad engagement based upon mutual interests and mutual respect. We will listen carefully, we will bridge misunderstandings, and will seek common ground.

"We will be respectful, even when we do not agree.
And we will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over so many centuries to shape the world -- including my own country.

content.usatoday.com...

Maybe this is why they are offering the truce. Bold emphasis is mine.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I read the link from the OP.

It references the "deal" by Bin ladin in 2006.

That was three years ago and best of all, made twards Bush, at that.

May I also note, that Obama has not done anything that Bush had not done.

My point is they are not specificly trying to work with Obama do to all he has done...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Don't we have US troops in more countries than just Iraq and Afghanistan? Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, UAE, etc.

I doubt that we'll be leaving those countries any time soon due to the good 'ole oil factor, so you can bet Al-Qaeda won't get its wish until we're all broke, dead, or driving electric cars.

But then again I'm pretty sure they know this and even if the US did suddenly pack up and leave, they would find another reason to blame the "Great Satan" for their woes and continue their jihad.

As long as Israel and oil exist, they will have their war against the US.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
RON PAUL WAS RIGHT! They don't attack us because we are free, they attack us because we are over there.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23

Originally posted by zerbot565

Mmm... that rather neatly sums up the problem I have with this.

I don't know enough detail about all this stuff to be sure of, well, anything. It's not impossible that al-Zawahri does have some independence from the CIA and is labelled AQ for convenience by the US media.

from what i know the whole "jihaad" movent that grew out of the pre/post coldwar was pretty much western orcestrated,

Google Video Link

all and all i guess we can thank leo strauss for the wolf in sheeps clothing lurking in shadows thats not even there....

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Al Qaeda could be or not the CIA , but the CIA was its founder , converting many to a radical islamism way of thinking , during the war against Russia.

Tim Osman was a great asset at the time , if you know who that is

The CIA also still funds the Al Qaeda through the ISI to this day.

These are not theories. Research.

It could be that they created a monster and lost control over it , but seeing they indirectly fund the Al Qaeda , they most likely have the organization under some control.

So yeah , I take these news as mere propaganda.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'd tell him that the war continues until one of us is dead...we had a Truce on September 10, 2001 you lying piece of crap. Just be happy that we're not dropping MOABs on Waziristan and get ready to fight.

This guy is a joke...instead of making video's and sending them to Us, he should be consoling all the Pakistani and Afghani children whom he is personally responsible for the death's of their parents.

He needs to take off that rag and give his head a little sun, he's got the Vitamin D deficiency syndrome.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roufas

These are not theories. Research.

It could be that they created a monster and lost control over it , but seeing they indirectly fund the Al Qaeda , they most likely have the organization under some control.

as the theories of strauss say ,
we need the "fear" be it real or not.

so by the teachings of strauss which much of this is based on,
the "monster" was created and let loose for personal interests and agenda ,

just think of the money rumsfeld and co has milked from the world with this cashcow of fear mongering.

as you your self said , its not theories anymore , its history in its true colors.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Roufas

I don't take your word for it.

If you want me and other to believe you, you must give links and references.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Obama: America will reach out their hand if you unclench your fists.

I don't think Obama will go for this, even though he said he would.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join