It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save the Planet: Have Fewer Kids

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Save the Planet: Have Fewer Kids

news.yahoo.com

For people who are looking for ways to reduce their "carbon footprint," here's one radical idea that could have a big long-term impact, some scientists say: Have fewer kids.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
articles.moneycentral.msn.com
webecoist.com

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Do Not Sensationalize The Headline

[edit on 8/5/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think I may have stumbled onto something here...

Rants of population control are rampant on ATS. Almost every thread that is stumbled on dealing with TPTB and their evil ways has to deal with the eradication of the common people... which is us.

This would be a truly ingenious way to promote their plan. "Thinking Green" is one of the most popular movements right now in the US and the world abroad. Everyone is so consumed over these products that swear to change he environment and make a difference, but they are often full of false or inaccurate promises.

*see additional news link number one and two*

The problem is most people don't look into the facts enough and will see something being called "Green" and think that they are making a difference.

That being said, this is the perfect avenue to explore for making the masses have less children. Promote that they are "reducing their carbon footprint" and mention that " each child ultimately adds about 9,441 metric tons of carbon dioxide to the carbon legacy of an average parent - about 5.7 times the lifetime emissions for which, on average, a person is responsible." (both found within my original article at top).

We've seen TPTB be sneaky in the past. But this is a chillingly sinister method of attack.

It's kind-of hard to form a resistance movement when there are no young to fight your war... The NWO will keep populating their inner circle and promote their rhetoric and us masses will keep eating up whatever the next distraction that they decide to throw our way.

Whether it be "Green Products," or the next Miley Cyrus album, or the next tabloid sensation, they will keep us busy and occupied while they twist their dark narrative.

-Sliadon

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/5/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Forgot to mention first time around...

If nothing was sinister about this, then why would there be any need to make this statement in the article:

The researchers note that they are not advocating government controls or intervention on population issues, but say they simply want to make people aware of the environmental consequences of their reproductive choices.

Usually statements like this are made in guilt...

-Sliadon

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Frankly, I think it's a great idea

for people to have less or even no children

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
But what about they fact they are correct. The population is out of control and unfeasible to maintain. The Chinese have done it, only allowing you to have a certain amount of children. (Not that I agree with them) I hate to say it but we are a bunch of locusts , just because you can have 5 kids don't mean you should. This is no conspiracy, its just the freakin truth I am afraid.

at least IMHO

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiftTrio

Good point Shift,

I won't argue with you on the basis that we will soon reach a point where not just the forgotten nations are dealing with issues of how to feed their people. Someday it will be a widespread issue on the home-front for us in the United States as well.

The issue that strikes me odd with this article is that they are trying to persuade people with the current fad of thinking green, which isn't as green as people think, combined with a guilty-conscience statement at the bottom attributing their research to being completely altruistic and not having any angle.

Typically people don't jump through that many hurdles unless they are trying to be sure that their story is water-tight.

-Sliadon

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

Me too, seriously.....the most UNDERQUALIFIED to be parents, are having 4-5 kids each to get money from the governement and being HORRIBLE parents.....

I think it should be a SERIOUS lifelong decision to think about raising a child....it should be like a duty to humanity to do it properly...not have a kid to collect checks and sit around watching horrible television shows eating bon bons in front of your kids all day, creating drama queens and violent frustrated, depressed people who have NO role models etc...

I am sick of seeing these out of controll kids, raising MORE out of control kids, just for the sake of free money, not out of the love of children, and out of a deep sense of responsibility to raising that person in the best way possible......

I think people should be more self responsible and break the frigging cycle! If you know you were raised in a dysfuntional home, if you know you aren't happy, then stop being so frigging selfish and popping out kids you know you are going to neglect.....we ALL had horrible childhoods, but when you KNOW you are not going to dedicate 24/7 to your children, then DON'T have them...that is the biggest hypocracy in the world....having kids to try to fill the void left from YOUR childhood, or having kids for free money....makes me SICK!!!!!!

(sorry mellisamouse rarley gets angry, but these jerks with 4-5 kids each admittingly doing it to get more money, and then raising hellians are really giving us a handful of crap to deal with in the future.....)

YES, horrible parents are handing us a bunch of CRAP TO DEAL WITH IN THE FUTURE!!!!!!!! Get it?

I don't want my child around most kids (or adults) these days, because they are raised in TV, lala, Violence land...it is a disgrace!

[edit on 4-8-2009 by mellisamouse]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

I agree with both you and St. Vaast that there are many bad parents in the world who should not have children, but I think you are getting off topic. My thread is about the issue of whether or not this is a ploy to help with the ultimate goal of killing the masses while framed as innocent population control for the NWO.

-Sliadon

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

oh, sorry, there... I was on a rampage, lol....

Well, wouldn't having LESS kids, be better than killing off the people who are already here?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Sounds great, send the pamphlets to India, China, and to LaRaza here in the States.

I can vouch that both my relatices and my circle of friends people are having 1 or 2 kids top. Some opting not even to have any.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

That is the golden question and the one I'm trying to figure out.

I was suggesting in my top post that many people fear the NWO and there are conspiracies that they want to eradicate the population. This news article begun to have me think they are trying to side-step an actual attack and killing people in plain sight, but rather a covert one using rhetoric that by having fewer children will be better for the earth then they [TPTB] wouldn't have to rage war or set loose biological agents anymore.

Over the course of a few generations, the amount of young people in terms of percentage to the elderly would have a stark contrast with an upside down pyramid. You would have less young population, and an overwhelmingly elderly population.

This would then make it hard for the young to gather in strength and numbers should an attack be waged later since the number of young who were of NWO loyalty would be more equal to that of the common people which would make the NWO have a stronger, easier chance of conquering.

-Sliadon

edit to say: its okay about the rant... I've been there before

[edit on 8/4/2009 by Sliadon]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Great Idea

Only it won't work because certain groups of people breed like rabbits

and will never listen to the voice of reason

When the population doubles again to 12 billion people will be looking for more drastic measures

Maybe we can ship them off world to the colonies

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

The more I see things like this the more ignorant i see those who get fearful by it.

THE POWERS THAT BE?

Nobody could possibly have that much control over anything. The illusion of control is that we can try to have control but we never will. There are government functions to control as much as possible but you cnanot take away individual rights.

NATURE is pushing us to extinction, as we try to control everything and change it to our lustful ways we hurt the earth and the earth fights back. Such as fertilizer poisons the water suppy so thus cities have to clean the water supply.

Instead of blaming everything on TPTB, blame it on ignorance, why raise more than enough kids that you can mentally raise... to raise them in such a way that they are built psychologically stable is the most important thing to do(numbers are either 1 to 2 kids) but yet some people -like my parents had too many kids and didnt support our mental states correctly... its time people start being responsible, and if they dont act responsibly there will be consequences, thats what Government is for, to stop things from getting bad. The news announcements are fear mongering, they are (for most instances) enlightenment... that things are not in our control and we have to think ahead... instead of being... LAZY.

my 2 cents

[edit on 4-8-2009 by rjmelter]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
No thanks .. i'd like to sustain my culture and bloodline(in my beautifull country)...I want three kids, if possible 2 boys and 1 girl...=)

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Yeah i saw thecommerciall about having fewer kids to save the environment and I was just choked actually I was thinking that someone here would start a thread about this!

What will they tell us now? to hold our breaths everyday for 15 seconds?

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Danna]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
There are government functions to control as much as possible but you cnanot take away individual rights.

Refer to these two links:

www.govtrack.us...

www.washingtonwatch.com...

Now read the Second Amendment:

www.usconstitution.net...

This bill wants to make it where one person (The Attorney General) can cite you as a terrorist or a threat and you lose the right to bear arms. That much power to one person is insane!

I agree with you that there is a lot of fear-mongering and I will gladly admit there are times I let that side get the best of me.

Sometimes coincidences aren't just coincidences anymore...

-Sliadon

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Just your first two paragraphs alone are brilliant. Wish people would read what you've written and think it through

Starred

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well, there's soft-sell and hard-sell and all the in-betweens

At the moment it's the soft-sell .. they're putting it out there for consideration, dressed in the 'green' angle. Hopefully it will have some success. Probably not much. Only if/when they start legislating re: number of children, will most rouse themselves to start talking about their 'human right to breed' etc.

Have to say though, things are moving faster than I expected. It was only a couple of years ago that I was booted from a forum for suggesting curtailment of indiscriminate breeding, lol. Before they booted me, they called me every name under the sun, with 'Nazi' being the predominant adjective.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So those people who are smart enough to see overpopulation problems on the planet will have less kids ... but those not bright enough to see will still have their boatloads.

The collective IQ of the planet will go down because the smart people will have less kids and the macaroons will still be overbreeding.

This is seriously dumb.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Does anyone with some more knowledge than myself know whether or not my theory proposed of a covert operation to curb the population of the masses is a feasible means the NWO would use?

-Sliadon

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join