It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shades of Nibiru! Three Suns?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Now here is one to ponder over for the Nibiru crowd and the Photo 'experts'

Astronomy Picture of the Day
Triple sunset

2009 August 4

Explanation: How can the same Sun rise three times? Last month on Friday, 2009 July 10, a spectacular triple sunrise was photographed at about 4:30 am over Gdansk Bay in Gdansk, Poland. Clearly, our Sun rises only once. Some optical effect is creating at least two mirages of the Sun -- but which effect? In the vast majority of similarly reported cases, mirages of the brightest object in the frame can be traced to reflections internal to the camera taking the images. Still, the above image is intriguing because a sincere photographer claims the effect was visible to the unaided eye, and because the photographer took several other frames that show variants of the same effect. Therefore, polite readers are invited to debate whether the above image captures a particularly spectacular example of common reflections inside a standard digital camera, shows one of the most spectacular examples of atmospheric lensing yet recorded, or was caused by something completely different. If the discussion converges, the consensus will be posted here at a later date.

apod.nasa.gov...

SO NASA isn't sure what this is

This ought to be interesting

Maybe if we come up with good answers ATS will get listed on that NASA APOD page

[edit on 4-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yea, that is pretty cool. At first i thought it was a sun dog Skeptics Tools ..lol.. But I'm not sure anymore, but i do not think its Niburu in anyway shape or form. Because sun dogs can make mini suns and other cools things, but this is really cool picture though whatever it is. Good find Zorgon.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I don't use emoticons, but thread is summed up by one...

It seems more and more evident we should just put anyone with "Pegasus Research Consortium" in their signature line on ignore. They do nothing but spread spin, lies and disinformation.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

while I usually agree with you..lol.. I will have to differ here, I do not think that the entire Pegsaus group are liers or fabricators, especially one member who is a good friend of mine: jkrog08, his threads are only based on facts and government reports. Take a look mate: jkrog08

Thats a damn good researcher. the rest of the peg. group, I cannot speak on behalf of, simply because I don't knwo them.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Looks intersitng hopefully we will get to the bottom of space and an continue on our path before not listening and eating from the knowledge tree first SMH

[edit on 8/4/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

[edit on 8/4/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
There are actualy 4 of them in the picture. A really faint one on the left side of the left sun. You can see it's top 1/4th

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
reply to post by zorgon

I don't use emoticons, but thread is summed up by one...

It seems more and more evident we should just put anyone with "Pegasus Research Consortium" in their signature line on ignore. They do nothing but spread spin, lies and disinformation.

That was quite rude and very stereotypical dont you think? The OP has some pretty awesome threads on here and i dont care what their signature is. I would like to see you do something other than put down other members. If you dont like someone no need to announce it on their thread, just ignore them in private.

To the OP I like this pic. Very interesting but I personally doubt its Nibiru. If it is why cant we see it if it's that big? Very cool affect either way though. I think I will save it to my desktop

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives Because sun dogs can make mini suns and other cools things, but this is really cool picture though whatever it is. Good find Zorgon.

Well what caught my interest was NASA APOD doesn't have the instant answer either and is asking for opinions... so that makes it very worthy to look at IMO

Yeah okay so the Nibiru thing is a HOOK
Sue me

Also the clouds in front of the 'copies' look different in each 'copy'

[edit on 4-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex They do nothing but spread spin, lies and disinformation.

What part of the NASA APOD description did you have trouble understanding?

Still, the above image is intriguing because a sincere photographer claims the effect was visible to the unaided eye, and because the photographer took several other frames that show variants of the same effect. Therefore, polite readers are invited to debate whether the above image captures a particularly spectacular example of common reflections inside a standard digital camera, shows one of the most spectacular examples of atmospheric lensing yet recorded, or was caused by something completely different.

If you want to stir the poop I suggest you contact them.
And take off that silly mask

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Just read the debate going on in the OP link... Pretty much shows the photos where taken through a window and the triple sun is an optical reflection (see page 4 for several examples, including those looking nearly identical).

[edit on 4-8-2009 by merka]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

Was about to say that to. He "forgot" to show the other pictures also :p
Like this one.

[edit on 4/8/2009 by Cygnific]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Awesome!

Since it is still in another dimension, maybe we get little glimpses now that we are reaching into the 4th and 5th dimensions. I suspect this will be happening more and more as the days go by.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

Maybe you should do some more reading in this dimension before you talk about other dimensions and reaching the 4th, 5th, whatever dimension.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnific

He's standing on his balcony....

You can even see the balcony next door.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The fact that NASA was stumped over this effect is terrifying to say the least, especially as they knew that the image was taken through window!

Makes you wonder if they really did go to the Moon!

[edit on 4/8/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
reply to post by zorgon

Very harsh. Each to their own though.

IMO, the PRC posse have made, and continue to provide, an excellent contribution to ATS and, even though I don't agree with everything on the PRC site, it is still an excellent resource I love to dip in to

[edit on 4/8/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Obviously some optical effect, linking it to Nibiru is somewhat laughable, to say the least. I don't even get the title topic.. why even bring Nibiru up with this?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Obviously some optical effect

in that case don't you suppose the would know that already and not have to ask the readers?
and i guess the photographer could just be lying about seeing it with his own eyes.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Just read the debate going on in the OP link... Pretty much shows the photos where taken through a window and the triple sun is an optical reflection (see page 4 for several examples, including those looking nearly identical).

[edit on 4-8-2009 by merka]

Yeah, if it was taken through glass it would be a distinct possibility.

Heck, with some cameras turned slightly askew from the sun the lense flare itself might be able to produce such an effect.

The way the halos around the suns come through the clouds in slightly diffrent ways leads me to believe that there may have been some photo stitching and splicing, but that remains to be just one of many diffrent possibilities.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
One picture, multiple images...

It is multiple exposures. If you look at the bright Sun on the right, then the one to the immediate left you can tell. See the base of it? It is not touching the horizon, but has the same look as if it was. The next one to the left, faint, but shows the same thing.

It is a common photograph technique, but can also be done by accident while developing the film.

You can also do this effect if you take a picture through a window or glass.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Shadow_Lord]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join