It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Signs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Sure all those are possiblilites, but they are all assumptions as well.

And if that is their motivatiosn why not post a sign encouraging such acts? That would be money well spent.

Why have a word on a billboard that could mean anything and I would guess more often than not people look at them as a imposition of sorts? Like "oh great now they are posting God signs to remind us of how big of sinners we are."

I hope it is having the effect you mention, but I just highly doubt it...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JustTheFacts

Wow, based on this I can't even imagine what you think a church does.

I know many churches that do nothing but do their best to help and aid the poor as much as they can...

Whats your point? Do you even know?

These signs have no church affiliation what-so-ever. Did you choose to ignore that part ore are you simply illiterate?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

To me that is a blatant call on telling people how to spend their money.

Now, there is something laughable...

An opinion is no where near telling someone how to spend their money. Go troll somewhere else. You got nothing...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs

An opinion is no where near telling someone how to spend their money. Go troll somewhere else. You got nothing...

Exactly. I gave my opinion that I believe you are telling people how to spend thier money because you have an opinion that the money could be better spent on helping the homeless or feeding the poor.

Hence, you have trolled your own thread. We are all entitle to our OPINIONS.

What do you think you are getting, besides frustration over the thread YOU started.

If you don't want to hear other peoples opinions, why bother?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I dont think dunce quite describes your comments here.

First you say

To me that is a blatant call on telling people how to spend their money.

Then you call it an opinion. So which is it? "A blatant call on telling people how to spend their money" or an opinion?

Ill say it again...troll.

You are somehow implying I dont want to hear opinions about the signs because I said "I think the funds could be better spent."??

Hence, you have trolled your own thread.

Are you aware of the non sense that is being typed by your fingers?

Besides your annoying attempts to be off topic you have not added anything to the thread. Why continue? You have added what it is you wanted to say. Im sure there are other threads you can annoy.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I think that maybe TPTB are trying to send me a message. I think that the truth can be found in the works of this heavy metal band. I am not sure but this could be a message that is trying to be sent. I do not think that anyone did this for profit. I will go listen to Raining Blood and see if I can find any messages in it.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hmmmm.....a person or group of people pay to have a sign made displaying the word "God" on it. The sign company gets paid for doing this, gee, that's good, isn't it? Does the sign company donate money or food to homeless people? I don't know, maybe they do, and that would be good, yes?

I was driving down a road the other day and there was a large billboard and on it was printed, "Recession 101 This isn't the final exam it's just a test" heh. What's that all about? I dunno. No reference to a group or company or anything related to who hired the sign company to post this. But a sign installer was paid for this so, I guess it's a good thing.

Just my .02 New World Order Currency

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers

I think that maybe TPTB are trying to send me a message. I think that the truth can be found in the works of this heavy metal band. I am not sure but this could be a message that is trying to be sent. I do not think that anyone did this for profit. I will go listen to Raining Blood and see if I can find any messages in it.

Ha ha! Cincinnati rocks!!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Sure all those are possiblilites, but they are all assumptions as well.

Just as is YOUR assumption that the people responsible for these billboards do NOT give to the poor/needy/starving/homeless/etc.

You are assuming that they spend their money on these boards, but nothing else. You don't even know who is responsible for these boards, how the hell can you possibly justify bashing them for what you have no clue of?

[edit on 8/1/2009 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Thats classic!

great post...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

WOW

Are you kidding? When did I even imply that I assumed all these people do is spend money on signs?

This has to be the day of the idiots or something.

And when did I bash them?

Feel free to use the quoting mechanism...

Lame post

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

When did I even imply that I assumed all these people do is spend money on signs?

This has to be the day of the idiots or something.

Well, at least you got the latter part right.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Ya typical, dont answer the question...deflect...typical response from someone who cant prove what it is they are talking about...

give any example as to how I have assumed that the posters of the sign do not donate to the poor...Come on bud, back up your statement.

Are the IQs of ATSers degrading? Or is it just the fact this is in the religious conspiracy forum?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Hmmmm.....a person or group of people pay to have a sign made displaying the word "God" on it.

Right. Alot of money. Especially where these particular signs are located. I would not be surprised to learn the cost is in the tens of thousands of dollars per month.

You dont think that kind of money could go directly to helping a lot of hungry people?

Is this a horrible question to pose? Am I way off base here?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Typical christian madness. They want to build any kind of edifice to prop up their failing religion - a church, a billboard, etc, rather than spending that money on those that need it.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose
"I don't care to research it."

That is obvious. However you asked a question and I answered it. Don't get your self righteous panties in a wad.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well, since we can clearly see that the New World Order has set into motion, I'd say they are preparing us ( rather the religious sect) for Project Blue Beam

tinwiki.org...

Project Blue Beam is allegedly a secret New World Order and US Government project in development to simulate a "second coming" type event. This will culminate in a very large number of people being taken away into the sky as in a "rapture" type of situation. These events will be brought to fruition by use of the sky as a holographic projection screen for space-based, laser-generating satellites. These space-based projectors are said to project simultaneous images to the four corners of the planet, in every language by region. It will pretend to be the universal fulfillment of the prophecies of old

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234

That is obvious. However you asked a question and I answered it. Don't get your self righteous panties in a wad.

god billboards can have a lot of messages other than just saying GOD.

For example:

Don't make me come down there.

-God

By the way, why do you assume I wear panties?

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs
"You dont think that kind of money could go directly to helping a lot of hungry people?

Is this a horrible question to pose? Am I way off base here?"

No that is not a horrible question at all. We need to keep a close eye on what these so called 'Christians" are doing these days and question thier every move.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

I've seen the billboards for things like 'Stop by my house before the game. -God' and have even seen atheist and Islamic billboards. But I'm not familiar with the ones that just say the names of God or in various languages. Can you expound on this:

Different names of God. Jewish names, Islamic names, and different Christian names.

The fact they contain Islamic names for God makes me wonder if this is even Christian, or at least one of the mainstream denominations. I'm wondering if it's some sort of Unitarian movement or even another religion entirely. It could even be Islam since they do believe all Gods of the Abrahamic faiths are the same while Jews and Christians don't necessarily confess that.

Also, keep an eye out. Sometimes billboards employ the technique of not giving the meaning right away. That strategy keeps you thinking. Then a few weeks later, they'll come out with the punchline.

A couple years ago there were billboards all over the city that just said 'Ugly Kids' and had three school photos of... well... ugly kids. lol No one knew what it meant then months later the slogan came out 'Ugly kids grow up to be DJ's' and it turned out to be an ad for a radio station with the three photos being childhood school pictures of the DJ's.

The 'why aren't they feeding the poor' criticism is kind of moot because we don't know who they are or what they're up to yet.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by AshleyD]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join