It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Safety Enhancement Act (H.R. 2749) to implement Codex Alimentarius?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What do you think? Consider this:

From Exclusive: Obama’s New Food Act to Seal Sorry State of America’s Farms:

Under the terms of the bill, crops must be grown in sterile areas, surrounded by 450 foot buffers, so that they are not exposed to other vegetation, runoff water, birds, beasts, or wildlife of any kind.

To create such sterile farms, ponds will be poisoned; wetlands drained; and streams re-routed to safeguard the crops from untreated water.

Trees will be bulldozed from agricultural corridors to protect the fields from bird droppings.

Fields will be lined with poison-filled tubes to kill rodents.

All children under five will be prohibited from stepping foot on farmland or tilled soil for fear of leaking diapers.

A crow landing in a cornfield will mandate the destruction of the entire corn crop.

No way, you say? It's already happening in California. BUT this legislation will mandate these requirements to all farmers:

Known as the Leafy Green Marketing Agreement, the California protocols set into place by industrial farming concerns have resulted in the destruction of vast tracts of verdant farmland and the end of the line for many family farmers.

Dick Peixoto, a California grower, has ripped out such plants in the name of food safety, because his big customers now demand sterile crops. "I was driving by a field where a squirrel fed off the end of the field, and so 30 feet in we had to destroy the crop," Peixoto told a San Francisco Chronicle reporter. "On one field where a deer walked through, didn't eat anything, just walked through and you could see the tracks, we had to take out 30 feet on each side of the tracks and annihilate the crop."

To what ends? And how does this relate to Codex Alimentarius? Remember the charges about Codex Alimentarius?

Codex Threatens Health of Billions

Your right to eat healthy food and use supplements of your choice is rapidly vanishing, but every effort has been made to keep you in the dark about the coming nutricide. Codex Alimentarius is scheduled for full global implementation on December 31, 2009, and not a word has been spoken in main stream media about this threat to humanity. Yet, according to the projections based on figures from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), a minimum of 3 billion people will die from the Codex mandated vitamin and mineral guideline alone.

Well guess what farmers, who you can bet have read the bill, are saying about the Food Safety Enhancement Act (H.R. 2749)?

If passed, the Act will grant the FDA the authority to regulate how crops are raised and harvested; to quarantine a geographic area; to make warrant-less searches of business records; and to establish a national food tracing system. It will impose annual registration fees of $500 on all facilities holding, processing, or manufacturing food. Farmers who fail to comply with the new regulations will be subjected to fines and criminal prosecution.

Edward Hopkins, a master farmer in Northeastern Pennsylvania for 73 years, says that the new law will put him out of business. “My fields are not big enough to create the necessary buffers,” he says.

Mr. Hopkins maintains that the legislation will result in a sharp price increase so that only the wealthy will be able to afford fresh produce. “The poor and the middle class,” he contends, “will have to rely on food that is processed, canned, frozen, or vegetables that come from their own gardens.”

only the wealthy will be able to afford fresh produce. “The poor and the middle class,” he contends, “will have to rely on food that is processed, canned, frozen, or vegetables that come from their own gardens.” Sounds eerily familiar doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
What say you ATS? Is it a stretch? I think not.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I don't see how they could enforce such a devestating act. If they wanted riots in the street, then this sure sounds like the oppourtunity for them to have it.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

They are already doing it in the big agriculture industry. They are forcing out the small farmers by insisting, if they want to sell to the big corporations, that these guidelines be followed. It's already happening, the only difference is that it will be mandated across the country to ALL farmers. So much for local farmers markets being able to compete.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Stupid question, why is ATS the first time/place I'm hearing about it?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

ATS is not the first place hearing about it. Look at the links I provided and follow the links provided in the links, etc...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I've read that. Sorry, I wasn't very clear, I should have said, "Why aren't MORE people aware or concerned about this?"

It's not like it affects volvos or something that concerns a limited portion of the population, it affects anyone who eats!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Your question in not stupid.

Research the Codex. You will notice what information sources provide you with information and which don't.

Check out the 'official' sources. Very plain and not concealed in anyway.

Now consider what potential impact this 'global' plan will have on two things, us, and commerce.

Now ask yourself again, why did you have to go 'looking' for this information? Why does no mainstream news media offer this for the public's consideration? Why do all our socially acceptable 'news' sources barely recognize this duplicitous organized effort to 'change the world'?

I bet doughnuts to dollars that your elected representative, or favorite political superstar, won't touch this issue with a 10-foot pole. Willful ignorance is their only path to avoid being driven by constituents (probably kicking and screaming the whole way) into confronting the beast.

THAT is why you haven't 'heard' of this anywhere else.

Edit to add:

I am acquainted with nearly a dozen professional nutritionist and dietary professionals who ALL seem to know NOTHING about the CODEX; a few never even heard of ANYTHING like it; ALL of them have degrees and consider themselves very 'informed'.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I've read that. Sorry, I wasn't very clear, I should have said, "Why aren't MORE people aware or concerned about this?"

It's not like it affects volvos or something that concerns a limited portion of the population, it affects anyone who eats!

You are correct. AND I think you know the answer.

I started reading the bill and found some other disturbing consequences of this bill. In addition to imposing these requirements, this bill gives the Secretary the legal authority to affect these requirements even on transactions that never cross state borders. This is extremely disturbing because the federal government, until now, has only had purview over interstate, import and export. The federal government, with the passage of this bill, can stop commerce WITHIN a state with only a "reason to believe" that something is "adulterated, misbranded, or otherwise in violation". This is a clear abuse of the Constitution (States Rights), not to mention federal government control of ALL food sources.

thomas.loc.gov...

(a) Amendments- Section 304(h) (21 U.S.C. 334(h)) is amended--

(1) in paragraph (1)(A), by striking `credible evidence or information indicating' and inserting `reason to believe';

(2) in paragraph (1)(A), by striking `presents a threat of serious adverse health consequences or death to humans or animals' and inserting `is adulterated, misbranded, or otherwise in violation of this Act';

[edit on 1/8/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Most people have no idea. They go to micky d's for food and
probably dont care much whats in it, obviously.
If we dont care about how much or what food we need to eat
to be healthy, we wont care where it comes from anyway.
Long as we dont die today, we're all good with it.
The paranoia runs deep. We are so mixed up it's scary!

Like everything, we either ignore it or we go completely overboard
and ruin it, classic.
We confine animals in mass feeding operations, feed them nothing but manufactured animal waste and garbage and wonder why this happens?

Half of the problem is we continually mess with natures evolutionary
perfection and think we can do better. IMO We destroy our habitat and
wonder why all the disease and degradation.

You sure dont see much about population control or encroachment.
We pooped in our own field, now we got to eat out of it.(so to speak)
The awakening continues.
I'm going to start a thread about "con" agra.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-8-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Thanks all for answering my questions.

When I was little and visited my grandparents in Illinois, their neighbors (when they planted sweet corn) allowed us to go into the fields, pick a few ears, we'd shuck them, boil them and eat them. It was like living next to a candy store!

-sigh-
memories. . .

Just another dark thought. . . isn't one of the horses of the apocolypse, Famine?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

I am acquainted with nearly a dozen professional nutritionist and dietary professionals who ALL seem to know NOTHING about the CODEX; a few never even heard of ANYTHING like it; ALL of them have degrees and consider themselves very 'informed'.

Maybe we should educate those people. Even if they don't believe it at first because they might think they know all about the subject, don't you think that at least planting a seed of doubt could eventually grow to a point where they'd start to question?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

According to what I've read, "planting" a seed of doubt will probably be illegal.

So, according to this, farmers markets (where my family buys most of its fruits and vegs)could be shut down as well?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Remember this bill was being pushed through the House Energy and Commerce committee. Want to know what the EPA has been advocating to small business farmers since 1981? Read below and tell me if you draw a different conclusion than mine that this is purely the large agriculture industry putting the small farmer out of business. Government control of the food source is NEVER a good idea.

www.epa.gov...

Years of research and practice have repeatedly demonstrated that biosolids recycling is safe and the food crops grown on land fertilized with biosolids are safe to eat. The long-term practice of recycling biosolids has been subjected to more than 30 years of intensive careful study. As a result of research and practice showing the safety of biosolids recycling, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the Food and Drug Administration, and EPA issued a joint policy statement in 1981 that endorsed the use of biosolids on land for producing fruits and vegetables. Then, in 1984, EPA issued a policy statement in the Federal Register that encouraged and endorsed the recycling of biosolids. And again in 1991, EPA was a co-endorser of an Interagency Policy placed in the Federal Register regarding the benefits of using biosolids.

The Federal rule that governs the use of biosolids today is based on comprehensive science-based risk assessments and many rounds of extensive review. Additional confirmation of the validity of the Federal biosolids rule and the Federal policy that promotes the beneficial recycling of biosolids is the careful 3-year review by the prestigious National Research Council (NRC) of the National Academy of Sciences which took place after the promulgation of the rule. The NRC concluded in their 1996 report that the use of biosolids in accordance with existing Federal guidelines and regulations presents negligible risk to the consumer, to crop production, and to the environment.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Just so I'm clear - it's ok to grow and consume food (for right now at least) outside of these new limits as long as you don't sell them. As soon as you start to try to sell them it becomes the purview of the federal Commerce department - even if you are selling it solely on a local level, i.e. local farmers' market.

It's interesting that the Obama household - and I'm talking about his personal family, i.e. Barak, Michelle, Sasha, and Malia, not his administration - is eating these foods that the Commerce department would ban from being sold.

Obamas to Plant Vegetable Garden at White House

While the organic garden will provide food for the first family’s meals and formal dinners, its most important role, Mrs. Obama said, will be to educate children about healthful, locally grown fruit and vegetables at a time when obesity and diabetes have become a national concern.

Because, come to find out, the White House "organic" garden lost it's "organic" status because in the 1990's the Clintons fertilized the lawn with sewage sludge and tests performed by National Park Service officials found the area to have a lead level of 93 parts per million.

But, the interesting thing is in defending the White House garden, Obama administration advocates stated themselves:

obamafoodorama.blogspot.com...

“But 93 ppm is laughably low to begin with,” Dr. Filippelli repeated a few times for emphasis (while chuckling), and added that anyone claiming the garden is contaminated simply has no idea what they’re talking about. “It would be nearly impossible to find a garden anywhere with less than 93 ppm,” he noted.

SO.... WHICH IS IT??? This bill absolutely is being done, not for the sake of safe food, but on the contrary, to control the FOOD SUPPLY.

In trying to spin each and every little failure, the Obama Administration has tied their panties into such a ball that only the lack of attention by the media can undo them.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by Maxmars

Maybe we should educate those people. Even if they don't believe it at first because they might think they know all about the subject, don't you think that at least planting a seed of doubt could eventually grow to a point where they'd start to question?

It was in the process of trying to educate myself that I discovered the above factoid.

Not to stray too far off topic, I have asked some economics majors in the university I am affiliated with regarding the impact of the central banking model, and their understanding of the imposition of fractional reserve lending on an open economy.... needless to say they responded with blank expressions (however they could name the last 6 "American Idol" winners, and were very accomplished at 'texting.'

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I dont understand why the WHO would state that 3 billion people will die from codex plan to deprive us of vital nutrients.

Dont the folks that run the world health org want population reduction via their eugenic elite banking family masters ?

Why let us know what codex means for us ?

and honestly codex confuses me. Ive read a lot about it but what im curious about is this...

is this the final maneuver by the elite ? are they coming out to the public and saying its too late as we all die ? will we see a rockefeller and rothschild member sipping drinks and laughing at us ?

or will they continue to try and make people believe as we die that the mass starvation was another tragic unfortunate series of incidents ?

codex seems pretty clear in its intentions so im having a hard time understanding how this plan is being sold to any nation as a good idea

[edit on 1-8-2009 by admriker444]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

No, no, no, you must have misunderstood something. WHO is NOT saying 3 billion people will die - of course they wouldn't - they are the ones implementing it worldwide.

Codex is an industry dominated regulation setting organization, and as such has no legal standing. Participation in Codex is said to be voluntary. But Codex has risen to the level of de facto legal standing because Codex is administered by the WHO and FAO. They fund it and run it at the request of the UN. Since the WHO and FAO are supposed to be about health, there is conflict of interest. The committees of Codex work up guidelines, rules and regulations, and present them to a Codex commission for ratification. Once they are ratified and approved by consensus, they become mandatory standards for any country that is a member of the WHO.

The U.S. is a member of WHO and the new law the Food Safety Enhancement Act (H.R. 2748) is the implementation of it in the U.S (my interpretation). There are many, many sites online that describe how codex alimentarius will kill billions of people - just don't count on the WHO website to contain that information. Unfortunately, once again, it's all about money and not people's health.

Edit to add: By the way, H.R. 2748 made it through the House yesterday and is on it's way for Senate approval. It will be effective 180 days after ratification.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444

or will they continue to try and make people believe as we die that the mass starvation was another tragic unfortunate series of incidents ?

I believe the answer to this question to be yes - they will continue to try and make people believe all is well - they're just here to help.

codex seems pretty clear in its intentions so im having a hard time understanding how this plan is being sold to any nation as a good idea

One word - lobbyists. Who benefits from this in the U.S.? The agricultural big corporations. Lobbyists and money.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

do you think its more about greed and money ?

or

an actual agenda to kill billions of people ?

I have an Aunt that has a PHD in Nutrition. I asked her about thsis subject and she had no idea what I was talking about. This isnt something she is familiar with (not that it surprises me).

Id like to send her some links from non-conspiracy sites to her. anything from here or infowars and her mind will immediately close off.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join