It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me - What were you in a past life!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
All I know in my past life was that I was generally alone, female, young, and I was near water, worked with water, or drowned in water. I don't know why I know that, but I do and it's hard to explain.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by grapesofraft

I dont think you are serious so I'll just say :A grapefruit.
Do you have any idea of what you were?

Of course Grapes is not serious ! Most of his prior posts are overt baiting. Has he contributed to this thread since he started it, NO ! What I find interesting is how
everyone has jumped on the bandwagon with their silly notions of a past life. What possible purpose can this serve, other then entertainment for Grape ?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

I have just created this to give people a place to share their experiences in order that I may learn how to find my past lives through methods they may have used, and also in hopes that in reading there experiences it may trigger me to start remembering my own.

Thank all of you for sharing your experiences. I have been reading and starring them, I just havent yet formulated exactly what I want to add to this thread.

[edit on 8/9/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I have been discribed as a relatively new soul, though I have no idea how to look into my past lives. I enjoy the smell of old things, and I often have dreams of open places, such as fields and old Victorian homes.

Also, I found a self regression guide.
www.healpastlives.com...

[edit on 10-8-2009 by summerdreary]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
My past lives:
Wolfgang Mozart
Leonardo DaVinci
Albert Einstein
William Shakespeare
Michelangelo
and Sir Isaac Newton

This life im taking a break

What a coincidence, I was all those people too!

Seriously though, while I do believe in reincarnation, I have no idea who I was in a past life. I believe it is possible to figure out, but I would not trust what another person told me I am. If I was better with meditation I would try that to see if I could figure out who I was though.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
believe it or not i strongly sense that i was a cat long long ago, the time of the pharaohs is all i know.
i've been told by someone ELSE that i was a german mother/housewife for more than one lifetime, which i believe. i'm strict and have natural parenting skills that i def. didn't get from MY parents.

and i'm learning japanese right now and am picking up very easily...
i wouldn't be surprised if i've spoken it in another life.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I don't remember having a past life now, however, my mother did tell me that when I was young I would occasionally mention things like my "other mother" and "the fire on the stairs", I have no recollection of saying this so I must have been very young and unaware of the idea of past lives. Perhaps I died at a young age in a previous life, was unsatisfied with the life I had had and needed to come back for another go... Hopefully it will happen again =D

If there is a heaven and a hell I would rather stay here living new lives, 70 years is too short a time to live on this beautiful planet, not enough time to experience everything this world has to offer. That said though, It would be infinitely better if I could find a way to keep my memories from the previous life.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I'm not sure if i buy into this past life stuff. That said, however, I do have a very slight memory of being a child in around the 1600's (a guess) and sense that my mother got her throat cut by a man with a sword. I seem to remember the blood, and a little scottish terrier dog. The best way that i can think of to describe this "memory" is that it is peripheral in so much as I can't really focus on it.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
First incarnation I was a fish in a lake or pond. I know this Because the water was calm. I have memories of Fear of deeper dark water, I was a small fish and new that bigger fish in deeper waters would eat me so i stayed close to the shore.

Second incarnation was a woman in ancient Egypt. Wish i could remember more of that one.

third incarnation I also was a Roman or Greek man who died in a natural disaster with my male lover at my side. Yes i was gay and i know that was because of my first incarnation as a women.

Forth incarnation i really hate to think about,because it was the last incarnation before the incarnation i am living now. This Forth incarnation really sucked and has had some bad lasting effects on my life now.

I was a Jewish man in my later 20 or early 30's I was alive living in Germany as a Nazi Officer, yes i know what a shock it was to be jewish hiding in the nazi party. I Don't know why i did this. I can think of 2 reasons why. I was a coward and didnt want to die Because i was jewish so i tryed to hide my Race, or i was a spy for some group or goverment.

I think it was more of the coward thing my self and i feel realy bad about that in this life. Now the reason i say my life is effected by that past life is Because the nazis found out and shot and killed me for it.
I can remember every gun shot that hit me and i can remember the place and time. I was shot 4 to 5 times the last shot was in the head to make sure i was dead.

I'm extremely scared of the sound of a gun in my present life to the point i will not watch tv that has gun sounds or play any video games that have the sounds of guns in it.

I am not scared of guns it just the sound that gets to me. So thats my past incarnation.

-Hope you enjoyed my history.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I has a nazi solider corpral i was taken to a camp and tirtured my the americans. And then shoot by a fireing squad
sorry testudo

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Aiden Muir]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I was Bob the goathurder...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Sure. But I don't believe that "past" lives are really "past." But for the sake of simplicity, I'll answer to your common understanding of life/lives.

I remember a few quite clearly, and other's not at all or very little.

I was one of the "Generals" who brought part of Inner Mongolia to the Han. I'm using "" around generals because I don't have the correct word in the language of this life to convey what my position actually was. General is close, though it gives the impression I/We ordered about solidiers when instead I commanded warriors and a form of slaves/bonded worker.

I was a prostitute that worked in some sort of bawdy house. I suspect that the time period is 1600's, and the streets are made of cobblestone and I think it is somewhere in France or Belgium. Blonde, small stature, and there was something wrong with one of my feet but this made me/us more valuable because it was seen a fragility and therefore feminine. I'm pretty sure I died fairly young in this life, but it seems to have made a fairly large impression on me/us. There is a life in which I remember being murdered, and it may be this one. I am very uncertain as to the time period or place. I don't get the impression that I knew or cared as my life revolved around the same 10 block radius for the most part.

I was a young man who died early (18? 19?) in what I'm pretty sure is WWI. I came from a farming family in North America and we spoke English. I had sisters, but I don't remember them particularly.

I remember dying in a fire, but I have no memory around that. I suspect that I was intentionally put to the fire. Traumatic. Maybe one day other parts prior that moment will come back.

I was a concubine of one of the Pharoh's younger but important sons (younger brother of the successor?). I'm sorry that I don't know which one, but he isn't black so that removes the Nubian Pharohs. He died in a battle but impregnanted me/us before going into battle, as he felt it likely he was going to die and none of his other women had yet born him any children. My life was quite cloistered and dangerous and being pregnant with a potential problem.

But I must have played a good game because -

I remember one other lifetime in this time period, and the person I am in that is related to the concubine though is male and holds a far greater position. Though this lifetime isn't as important to me/us, it lends itself to understanding the unbelieveable overweaning but oddly compassionate/brutal thought process involved in being this sort of person. In being an OFFICE rather than a Person. I find this one one of the hardest to live with in many ways.

Those are the main ones I have explicit memories of that left significant impressions on me that lasted. There are others, but most of them are snippets of a life. Dying in childbirth. Cleaning up a pig pen. Looking at some sort of leather beaded footwear.

I suspect that I was a Plains Indian woman at some point - I know what tools are for that I have never seen before. How to hold the stone blade for prepping a hide. That a skunk tail brush was used to paint a tee-pee. That sort of thing.

[edit on 2009/8/10 by Aeons]

[edit on 2009/8/10 by Aeons]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irishwolf
I don't remember having a past life now, however, my mother did tell me that when I was young I would occasionally mention things like my "other mother" and "the fire on the stairs", I have no recollection of saying this so I must have been very young and unaware of the idea of past lives. Perhaps I died at a young age in a previous life, was unsatisfied with the life I had had and needed to come back for another go... Hopefully it will happen again =D

When my oldest daughter was 3 she told me about how she remembered coming across the ocean in a plane with her three children. She doesn't remember it anymore. I'd garner from this that it might have been her "previous" life.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
Why does everyone say "Catherine The Great", or "Napoleon"?

Actually, extremely few people "recall" having been anyone famous. The immense majority DO remember being "Bob the goatherd".

And BTW (I am writing this well apart from the rest of the text, so as to make it visible): I do NOT believe in reincarnation (although anything is possible, I suppose), and I am not even interested in the subject.
But those who do and who deal in "regression" will tell you that 99 % of people "recall" being a more or less anonymous citizen in their alleged past lives.

Ex

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have always felt that I was, or had friends that where Native American.
I am standing in the opening of a cave of some sort and one of them is stirring a pot that is smoking, while the other is standing at the entrance with me telling me I am not done yet, and have much to do........

I googled this subject and found this link, thought it was fun!

www.thebigview.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by dazbog

I have just created this to give people a place to share their experiences in order that I may learn how to find my past lives through methods they may have used, and also in hopes that in reading there experiences it may trigger me to start remembering my own.

Thank all of you for sharing your experiences. I have been reading and starring them, I just havent yet formulated exactly what I want to add to this thread.

[edit on 8/9/2009 by grapesofraft]

Well then, I suspect I owe you an apology. The whole " sheep" thing appeared to be a very loaded line of inquire. Still does, but I do apologize.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by eMachine

LMAO, well if you were a slave you were a darn cute one.

I have often felt like I must have been Satan in a past life, because I cant imagine my current activities could be a good enough reason for my consequences.

If that is true, then let me call it a guess to say you feel you have consistent luck almost like no other.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Well, since you are serious then.......
I have had extensive dealings/dablings in all things considered occultist for any years.
Many years ago I did a ritual which was designed to see the past incranations which I previously held.
This involved setting a dimmed room, plenty of incense, candles and continual evocation and enchantment.
Meditating into a mirror, I asked to be shown previous incarnations.
After approx. 1.5 hours of this, faces begin to appear where my own was within my reflection.
None of whom I can to this day identify with personally, yet distinctively different nationalities.
There was a Greco/Roman loke man, A dark skinned woman, A man of Peruvian appearence, A white man of distinguished appearence ( in top hat and suit), A bearded man, and finally a Samuria-looking man.
This was quite a profound experience. Yet a never have been able to work-out the significance of these characters.

About 10 years later, I met a lady whom is an internationally acclaimed Psychic. To this day we are still friends (and we have had a few 'adventures together).
She told me on our first meeting of my past lives.....I thought "Here we Go" (sceptically ).
You see although I have experienced many forms of occultism, I was not very much a fan of Past Lives, I thought it was a pile of BS.
She told me that in my immediate past life I was the son of an English noble man, that like my father ;(history does repeat); regreted that he never showed me any interest and was regretful of this, so therefore hovered around me trying to direct me and give me the 'Steward-ship' he never did in the living!!??
The ritual showed to me :Lord Morrison ( my past life father).
She also said to me that I was a japanese warrior, whom was disturbed by the death of my wife during childbirth??
I dont know- but that might explain my life long strong amarous attraction to Asian females??

Scoff if you like thats OK.
I've never spoken of these things before. My Psychic friend knew things that I had never spoken to a soul about.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AR154
How can there be enough past lives to go around?

I've thought about it a while and it seems that, assuming temporarily that these are not just dreams, some people somehow don't have past lives and are completely new incarnations, some people HAVE shared past lives and were the same person, or everyone that has ever lived has been someone else that has also lived in a past life, and vice versa, the latter which I find very hard to believe, almost like a massive grid that connects everyone to everyone.

I'd like to hear what people who really believe in this think, as I find it hard to.

Edit: I'm pointing towards world population here as a basis for this thought: an estimated 150-250 million around 2000 years ago, to the almost 7 billion we have now. All of these past lives had to originate somewhere.
I wonder how many people claim to have lived 10,000+ years ago, or maybe even more.

How far back does it go? Beginning of Homo Sapiens?

[edit on 4-8-2009 by AR154]

Some say the Homo Sapiens Crommaniensis-our "grandfather" appeared about 200 000 years ago...
But why you count the Homo Sapiens only?- according to the reincarnation theories maybe some of us were the insects, even the microbes or something before
??
And about the many peoples being Cesar or Cleopatra );-) well...
Go deep enough- according to certain philosiphies we all are one- logic. And it proves that our democratic system - in the theory at least is right. Why to live the life of the Famous ones has to be reserved only to some individuals? we are all actin Mr Krishna );-)
We only need to believe it...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I also find it funny that everyone seems that they were a warrior or a priestess or a slave to the king or Marie Antoinette's seamstress or something. Everyone wants to have an exciting title or a sexy sounding or important position. Something that makes people go "oooh!"

I read some where once that a lot of people do believe they were famous personalities in a past life, for instance the number of Joan of Arcs etc. This person said that it is probably more likely that they were alive when during the time of said celebrity, and knew much about their lives, sort of in the same way that we know everything about celebrities in our own era. They said we have strong memories of such people which lead us to believe we WERE those people because we can't fathom any other reason why.

Although im not sure what I think about that at all. I think people that say they were Elvis or Keeper of the Stargate or something make some of us look really stupid when we try to discuss reincarnation seriously.

For my self, I have a decent amount of confidence that I was living in Japan during WWII nothing special about my life except that where ever I was living was bombed. I think that I may have been in either Nagasaki or Hiroshima when the big bomb was dropped but I dont think I was killed right away. I think I saw the flash, heard the noise and survived but died soon afterward. (Radiation poisoning maybe?). Or maybe it was just a normal bomb, Im not sure. I do know that today though I have a stupid, irrational fear of being bombed while I'm asleep.

Or perhaps I just have an over active imagination. Eitherway its something that interests me and comforts me slightly.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join