It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece to flu vaccinate whole population

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

GREECE is to vaccinate its entire population against swine flu, Health Minister Dimitris Avramopoulos announced today.
"It was decided under the order of Prime Minister (Costas Karamanlis) to vaccinate all citizens and residents of the country,'' Mr Avramopoulos said after an inner cabinet meeting.

The whole population? Does this mean its citizens have no choice in the matter?

What if this is decided in YOUR country?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

let's see how the university students react to that news

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/778d8efee28d.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 31-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

same link , dont know if I must post it since I quoted from here ??
Greece has recorded over 700 cases of the A(H1N1) strain of the virus, most of them mild.

Greek hospitals are currently treating 15 people including four serious cases, one of them a British teenage girl.

There are 15 in serious condition and they are giong to vaccinate ALL the residents ??

[edit on 31/7/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I just read this, came here and found you already had posted it. Your question is the same as mine. I too wondered if this is mandatory. It sure sounds like it.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Nice to see this getting top attention in here...

MANDATORY vaccinations for an entire country.

"We decided that the entire population, all citizens and residents, without any exception, will be vaccinated against the flu," Health Minister Dimitris Avramopoulos said after a ministerial meeting.

Greece has already earmarked 40 million euros for vaccines and has placed orders with Novartis, Glaxo and Sanofi for 8 million vaccine doses, to be received gradually by January.

Vaccine experts say people will likely need two doses of vaccine to be protected from H1N1 swine flu, so Greece would need a total of 24 million doses to vaccinate its entire population. Other countries are taking similar steps.

"Greece will order 16 million more doses from the same companies in the future," a health ministry official who declined to be named told Reuters.

"We are only waiting for the European Union's approval to start vaccinating everyone."

It is starting.

S+F dammit.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Me and my family live in Greece and i'm quite worried about that, since i and my family will refuse to get the shot(s).
What gives me a bit of hope, is the general lack of organisation in this country and it's lack of logistics and recourses to accomplish such a goal. So i have a little doubt that they will succeed vaccinating all citizens, regardless what mr. Avramopoulos says.

Ko3

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Usually they will try to vaccinate the dense populated areas in the country where is more resources to accomplish that.

But when it comes to more isolated areas they don't even bother as citizens in isolated areas are less vulnerable to be part of an epidemic.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by Burginthorn

let's see how the university students react to that news

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/778d8efee28d.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 31-7-2009 by warrenb]

Haha, yes!

If necesairy, me and my buddies have to start some molotov fun again in order to protect us and our families.

I hope it won't get too hot!!

Ko3

[edit on 4-8-2009 by kid_of_3NKi]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Many in the USA are also worried about forced vaccinations. So far, it is volentary and not forced.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Ok, just found this greek article which states that the vaccinations that will start in mid September in Greece will NOT be mandatory and that those who don't want to get the shot can sign a exemption declaration.

Ko3

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The article makes it sound mandatory, though it may just be PR work to make it seem like they are doing something.

My big fear though is that the EU itself starts a mass vaccination program for all its members, THAT would be scary.

top topics

join