It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Airforce to release UFO footage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Wow. This appears to be legitimate. If nothing else, it will cause a major stir amongst UFO enthusiasts. Hopefully, it will catch the eye of major media, but most likely it won't.

Very anxious to see the video of it.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This has a video clip of the event in it. Gonna go see if I can watch it now.

www.thesandiegochannel.com...

Edit:

Saw the video. It may have been the entire report of the event shown on television. Very long for a video clip on a news website.

Not much to say other than its great to see video like this being apparently acknowledged by a government. The UFOs themselves are fairly nondescript little orbs, but you can at least see them moving about and pulsating.

Another historic day for UFOlogy!

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by heelstone]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
ABCNews has the footage on their website.

I doubt that a leading news provider would air something that could possibly be a hoax. This seems like the real thing:
abcnews.go.com...

This reminds me of the RB-47 incident.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'm getting a "Sorry This content is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience." message from the ABC website right now.

Figures that ABC would show the video. Disney has always been fairly open to the UFO subject and has even had some strange UFO/ET productions of their own stirring government conspiracy controversy.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Here's an old thread on the RB-47 encounter... Which was also a case of a military craft tracking a UFO on its sensors:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It should be noted that the USAF acknowledged and talked about that one for awhile (they even illustrated a USAF academy book with a depiction of it for awhile).

Heel.. try again. They just have the video up... not a text story. Maybe your video viewer uses a different format.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thats some pretty nice footage...

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Amazing.

There were a dozen ore so craft flying really fast through the clouds.

That's a lot.

If this is true, does anyone think it means anything to have that many craft flying in a group?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
There have many instances of UFOs flying in groups. Kenneth Arnold's 1947 sighting, for instance, was of a group of crescent shaped UFOs in formation. Also... the 1952 Washington sightings come to mind.

After seeing how the UFOs have what could be called a 'stealth' or cloaking device... I wonder if, all along, sightings of individual UFOs have really involved more than what was just seen...

And... I do think it's funny that a scene from the movie Signs essentially deals with the same invisible UFO issue.

mrq

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Was there anything on the abcnews vid that wasn't on the sandiegochannel one? It was "Sorry not available" before I could catch it.
BTW, Signs is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmmmm
i thought this would belong in bts under the jokes forum. "mexican airforce" hahah good one.

Yes, the mexican government "does have an airforce" if you didn't know....

I saw the video and a small interview that was done to some of the fighter pilots, it looks legit to me. Mexico is one of the major hotspots in the world for UFO sightings.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I watched the film on channel 45 in Houston, Texas today (05/11/04) at approximately 5:50 p.m. during the news on this spanish news station. The news station is part of UNIVISION.

I want to know how you knew of this information before hand? It was a really amazing story and how the film was turned over to Jamian Massou (sp???) a famous Mexican reporter on UFOs.

For those whom missed the news at 5:00 p.m., I bet you can watch at 9 p.m. tonight on any UNIVISION spanish news station. All Houstonians can probably catch the story again tonight at 9 p.m. on channel 45.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
CNN has something at:

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthCanHurt
CNN has something at:

www.cnn.com...

WOW,this is awesome.Seems to be having a snowball effect.I don't know that I've EVER seen CNN cover a UFO event.Perhaps this will open up the doorway into more media acceptance.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
we need to find a downloadable high resolotion version...

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PARALYZ
I just saw the video on my local news.It's actually pretty good video.The ufo lights seem to be following the plane.It's black and white video.

Yes they can�t get color from Infrared vision

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
So they have a video of an unidentified craft.

I don't get the photo/video of somethign in the sky and leap to the conclusion it is alien.

Throughout the majority of the last century the US has been flying aircraft over most countries on spy missions. Why would a picture of one be that amazing? Aside from the physical exterior it won't yeild much information.

It be like showing a high altitude spy place from the 60s. It would be odd to see, hard to tell much about, and prove there is something in the sky.

Regaurdless of what any person or country claims, unless its shot down, and little green men are dragged out for public viewing and identification, its just another thing in the sky.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Sorry guys,

When I got home I realized that the ABC link is for subscriber-only material. I feel like I let you guys down (but I'm also mad that ABC is charging money for video shot by a public institution).

Check out the other links... this is the stuff.,.

-
OHmigod... the NBC station in Chiacago (channel 5) is showing it now!!!!

mrq

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

How is it that CNN places the Mexico UFO story in it's "OFFBEAT NEWS" section, but their article about Burger King's Subservient Chicken just gets placed under the CNN-Money section?
If we're going to call UFO's "offbeat", then I think a guy dressed up in a chicken outfit taking commands from website visitors oughta be described as "offbeat", too. No?

(link to the chicken article here, if you care:
money.cnn.com...)

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Burger king chicken man?

Man what will they think of next, a flying dog food dish and claim it is a UFO?

crazy crazy world we live in

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Yeah... I noticed that, too.

Like I've said before, the real problem UFOlogist face is that the subject is still considered 'Offbeat". As the report from Brookings in the 50s hinted, 'disclosure' can only occur when the very idea of current extraterrestrial civilizations is accepted. Hopefully footage like this will help move us in the direction of public acceptance of UFOs/ET (or beings from alternate universes, as it may very well be).

But... you know... at the very least CNN could have put this in a 'sci-tech' or 'military' or 'aviation' section.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join