It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The family" aka Doug Coe's ppl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The Family

I did not even know this group existed til recently.

I found out about them thru mundane sex scandal silliness.

Sex scandals of politicians in "The Family"

When you get to reading some of their concepts, it is like a WTF moment.

As reported by Andrea Mitchell and Jim Popkin for NBC News, Fellowship leader Doug Coe repeatedly urges a personal commitment to Jesus Christ that he compares to the blind devotion that Adolf Hitler demanded from his followers.[19] Coe has stated "Hitler, Goebbels and Himmler were three men. Think of the immense power these three men had, these nobodies from nowhere," and later in the same sermon: "Jesus said, ‘You have to put me before other people. And you have to put me before yourself.' Hitler, that was the demand to be in the Nazi party. You have to put the Nazi party and its objectives ahead of your own life and ahead of other people."[19] Doug Coe also refers to the Fellowship as the "Christian Mafia" and is on record saying that he tries to make the group act like the Mafia because the more invisible you can make your organization, the more influence it will have.[92]

This is all pretty much comon knowledge too apparently.

My thoughts are Good deeds are done in the light of day.

Although a goal of the Family is to influence politics and a large number of Senators and Representatives live in or are members of the institution, the Family has long been a secretive organization which is not widely understood.[71][72] Concerned about growing publicity, Fellowship Founder Abraham Vereide wrote a letter in 1966 declaring it time to “submerge the institutional image of [the Family].”[16] Former Republican Senator William Armstrong has said the group has “made a fetish of being invisible."

Mr. Coe seems to be one hell of a motivator, he can do a lot in 24 hours.

According to a 1996, Washington Post review of Bad Boy: The Life and Politics of Lee Atwater, Atwater was introduced to Douglas Coe through Patty Presock, Secretary to President Ronald Reagan on Friday, March 16, after a White House breakfast.[64] Eleven days later, Atwater arrived at the Cedars to meet Doug Coe. "I've been in this city for many years now, and I never heard of you," he said. "Who are you, anyhow?"[64] Coe replied, "Well, we have many mutual friends all over the city...."[64] Atwater was baptized as a Catholic the following day.[64]

I find this group to be a little more than weird.

President George H.W. Bush referred to Coe as "an ambassador of faith."[6]

The Fellowship has been criticized, however, for associating with dictators and human rights abusers such as Carlos Eugenio Vides Casanova of El Salvador, Artur da Costa e Silva of Brazil, Gustavo Alvarez Martinez of Honduras, and President Suharto of Indonesia.[16]

Let me know what you think...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

I guess if I had posted something about football, some hot chic,
or astral awareness of gaia I'd have got some responses, lol.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

I just downloaded the book
The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power
yesterday. I had never heard of this group before but figured there had to be SOMETHING about it here on ATS since it is perfect fodder for this forum.

I hope more people learn about this group (The Family) and bring it out of it's covert hiding space and into a place where everyone can see who they are and what they are doing.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Thats funny they refer to them as the Fellowship. There were some roleplaying games I played played in the 90s called Ultima and in one of them there was a organization/religious group called that. Most players thought they based them on scientology, but maybe it was based on this. lol.

Anyways to stay on topic, interesting read. I'll post better comments when I read more..

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Jeff Sharlet, author of The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power was on The Daily Show last night. Very interesting and scary stuff. This is a book I'll have to add to my ever growing list.

From the above link, quoted from Publisher's Weekly:

Checking in on a friend's brother at Ivenwald, a Washington-based fundamentalist group living communally in Arlington, Va., religion and journalism scholar Sharlet finds a sect whose members refer to Manhattan's Ground Zero as "the ruins of secularism"; intrigued, Sharlet accepts on a whim an invitation to stay at Ivenwald. He's shocked to find himself in the stronghold of a widespread "invisible" network, organized into cells much like Ivenwald, and populated by elite, politically ambitious fundamentalists; Sharlet is present when a leader tells a dozen men living there, "You guys are here to learn how to rule the world." As it turns out, the Family was established in 1935 to oppose FDR's New Deal and the spread of trade unions; since then, it has organized well-attended weekly prayer meetings for members of Congress and annual National Prayer Breakfasts attended by every president since Eisenhower. Further, the Family's international reach ("almost impossible to overstate") has "forged relationships between the U.S. government and some of the most oppressive regimes in the world." In the years since his first encounter, Sharlet has done extensive research, and his thorough account of the Family's life and times is a chilling expose.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I've got this video link of Jeff Sharlet with Bill Maher.

www.dailymotion.com...

A quote from the interview:

"The normal rules don't apply, morality is for the little people."
- David Coe

This interview was on youtube but had to be taken down, Thecounterweight1 (youtube user) put it up on Dailymotion for me when I asked about it.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yup. They are definitely a, if not the, New World Order group.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I highly doubt that they are 'the' New World Order group. The shadow govt is going to be a bit more shadow than these guys.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hi guys I just joined ATS because I got tired of trying to talk about things with people on Fark.com... This is my first post on Above Top Secret and I think it's funny cause I'm pretty much just going to copy my post from fark I did earlier today about this.

It started around 1935, a little bit after the great depression, when alot of people thought Democracy was dead and Communism or Fascism were the only options left. They didn't want to be red communists, of course, but fascism seemed allright, if they had supernatural justification for their fascist beliefs. They became no longer interested in Democracy but in what they called "the age of minority control". Politicians and people of power (because you have to have power before you can join) are considered "the new chosen" and Jesus's real message wasn't meant for everybody, just God's special selected, and part of the real message of Jesus is that people in power are above morality. They have connections to fascist regimes they've helped politically over the years, and they hold up as a "model for understanding Jesus" Stalin or Hitler... because, really, Jesus was a "strong, powerful, influential man".

It's pretty much an "invisible" cult, whose members are some of the most politically powerful people in this country. Senator Sam Brownback from Kansas, Congressman Zach Womp from Tennessee, Senator John Ensign from Nevada, Senator Jim Demint & Governor Mark Sanford from South Carolina (big suprise), Congressman Chip Pickering from Mississippi, Congressman Bart Stupak from Michigan, Senator James Inhofe & Senator Tom Coburn from Oklahoma are some of the current known members. Remember, these people think the fact that their organization is invisible gives them more effective means to power.

Alot of that I took directly from the Coast to Coast am show the author of "The Family" was on 8-22.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Oh also, Jeff Sharlet mentioned that when they first started, Doug Coe received alot of investment money from one of the Rockefellers.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Here is a link my wife showed me..a little bit more info here..

link

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I was unaware of this cult, untill I viewed the limited release doccumentry on Netflix, The Family. I knew various puppet masters pulled the strings in world politics. This is a sickining, Fundametal Evangelical Christian Mafia that has influenced and brainwashed politicians world wide.

Thus making a "retarded joke" of every second post on ATS. Once a bastion of truth, light, and inquiry, ruined by narrow minded sheeple. As The Family outlines eshrew labels and become one, NWO. Nearly everything on this site is Rep. this Dem. that. Yet the government is run by bipartisan fundamental cults.

Completely against the 1st amendment of separation of church and state. The constitution and poltical labels yanks adore are but a joke upon the masses. To keep y'all watching your team and arguing over nothing, oblivious to the truth of the Christian Convent corrupting the hole system. Your greate "pious" leaders are brainwashed puppets.

This post has five flags yet a Trump post how many! Keep rooting for your non existant team...............I am weeping at people's stupidity. Please flag this post and bump it to the frontpage and make ATS great again....

edit on 12-8-2019 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2019 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

top topics

join