It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin downplays his slip of the tongue to thousands

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Thousands packed onto the aircraft carrier Hornet on Saturday to hear Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin describe his experience as the second man on the moon - a desolate place, he said, where the air was so thin he felt like a kangaroo as he bounced on the surface.

The Hornet, now a hulking museum anchored on Alameda Point, is the carrier that fished the Apollo 11 astronauts from the Pacific after they splashed down on July 23, 1969. For Aldrin, returning to commemorate the 40th anniversary of that historic mission was a time to promote the restoration of American space leadership.

It was also a chance to crack a bunch of jokes.

"I'm gonna reveal a secret to you," he told reporters. "There's a monolith on (Mars' moon) Phobos. It's about 15 meters high. And aliens put it there before they came to Egypt to build the pyramids." Like a good comic, Aldrin, 79, kept a straight face - until they laughed.

Speaking with a massive American flag as a backdrop, Aldrin argued that America should forgo another trip to the moon, and instead help other countries get there while we focus on exploring Mars.

Then he told everyone to watch the rap video he made with Will Ferrell and Snoop Dogg: "Rocket Experience."

Full article here

Does it seem to anyone else that he is doing this as a result of what he is beind told to do because he was never supposed to have brought the subject up on CSPAN in the first place?

This is very interesting indeed, he was not joking when talking on CSPAN yet he makes a blatent joke about it a short time later, laughing it off. What do you think?

Watch the CSPAN comments from Buzz here

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I do not know what to think.

Part of me tells me not to listen to anything more he says, because he is making waves with some bizarre information.

Another part of me says, he is not joking at all. How do we know for sure anyways? How does he know?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well, there are only 3 possible things here.

1. He is completely senile

2. He was dead serious on CSPAN (sure as hell sounded and looked like it) and now he is being pressed to downplay the comments.

3. He is trying to stir up interest in exploration and planned this series of events carefully to get peoples attention.

I think number 2 is most likely followed closely by number 1. Don't think Buzz has it left in him to pull off number 3 heh.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think Buzz is the man. He is the only man to walk in space AND on the moon. He was an inventor and innovator when he was an astronaut. He can do or say anything he wants as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Was it Buzz or Neil who smacked that one guy for denying they went to the moon?

If I were anyone of those astonauts I'd probably keep my mouth shut too. I heard they were told to keep quiet if not they'd be killed. I'm pretty sure no-one would take someones life for disclosure of moon rocks. Maybe Buzz is tired of keeping quiet to the U.S and this was a sutle/subliminal way of letting out some of the info?

I don't trust anyone from NASA with all the airbrushing these guys do. But I do believe these guys fear for their lives one slip up and it's curtains.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

Yeah it was Buzz who did the decking of that guy

Interesting development here, for sure. I'll keep an eye on his statements all around

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

It was Buzz Balboa or Rocky Alrdrin doing the dirty muscle work on a loud mouth reporter and Ill tell ya what, if you call him a lier or a coward to his face, you better be prepared to duck, he has a hell of a right cross.

The Buzz Aldrin punch, view here

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

[...] a desolate place, he said, where the air was so thin he felt like a kangaroo as he bounced on the surface.

Did he really say that the air(!!) on the moon was thin ?

That comment would be even more puzzling than that about the monolith imo.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by RenDMC

It was Buzz Balboa or Rocky Alrdrin doing the dirty muscle work

HAHA

For a second I was like this guy knows nothing, Buzz Balboa didn't go to the moon... then I near wet myself. Thanks for the first laugh I've had since getting Swine flu. Star for you

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Pankreas

Yeah, I noticed that too, more and more as he talks publicly I have no clue as to what he is eluding too if anything.

Honestly, he has been acting strange and saying even stranger things, would lend the thought that perhpas he is becoming a bit senile but in that CSPAN interview he seemed very lucid and passionate so for me in those words on that day lies the truth.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

Im glad I could help and very sorry to hear about the flu. Get alot of rest and drink fluids.

Feel better bud.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Buzz Aldrin downplays his slip of the tongue to thousands

What a stupid thing to do. Now he has just brought attention to himself.

Perhaps that was the plan all along. To cause people to question NASA

N...never
A...a
S...straight
A...Answer

Good Job Buzz!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Bonehead reporter.

Thousands packed onto the aircraft carrier Hornet on Saturday to hear Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin describe his experience as the second man on the moon - a desolate place, he said, where the air was so thin he felt like a kangaroo as he bounced on the surface.

Source
There is no air on the moon and even if there were it has no effect on "bouncing".

If he actually said what the article ascribes to him, it was indeed a joke. The CSPAN interview makes it very clear what he was talking about. The "monolith" is not much of a secret. We've known about it it since 1998.

[edit on 7/26/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pankreas

Did he really say that the air(!!) on the moon was thin ?

He is not quoted directly as saying this, so I think the reporter who wrote the article probably messed up a bit. The moon has no air humans can breathe in like we do here on Earth, if that is what you are thinking.

But it does have a very thin atmosphere:

People used to think that moons such as the Earth's moon had no atmosphere whatsoever. Now, however, measurements have shown that most of these moons are surrounded by a *very* thin region of molecules which can *almost* be called an atmosphere. Such is the case with the Moon.

The atmosphere may come from a couple of places, one place is outgassing or the release of gases from deep within the Moon's interior.

Another source, as shown in this diagram, are molecules which are loosened from the surface when other molecules from space hit the ground. These molecules may migrate across the surface of the Moon, to colder regions where they re-freeze into the ground. Or they may fly off into space. This is one way lunar water may be formed.

Molecules from space come from the solar wind. Because its surface is protected by neither an atmosphere nor a magnetosphere, the Moon is constantly exposed to the solar wind. These molecules get buried in the Moon's surface. Eventually scientists on Earth will understand more about a process, called nuclear fusion, which is another way create energy. Then these molecules buried in the Moon's surface may become an important source of fuel for energy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd94021c420c.gif[/atsimg]

This drawing shows how individual molecules may move near the surface of the Moon to form an atmosphere.

Source

And regarding Buzz Aldrin revealing any "secrets", this is simply not the case. The structure/monolith on Phobos has been known for many years. Mars Global Surveyor photographed the "monolith" and other structures on Phobos back in August 1998, and the images have been available to the public for many years.

Mars Global Surveyor images here:
marsprogram.jpl.nasa.gov...

There was even a thread about this monolith and another tall structure on Phobos here at ATS in 2004:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit to add that I should have known Phage would beat me to it.

And another edit because I can't spell.

[edit on 26/7/09 by ziggystar60]

[edit on 26/7/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, the "object" on the moon of Mars has been talked about since 1998 but I think what people are talking about is that Buzz may have been suggesting that "he" or "they" may know something more than we do about it.

Pure speculation of course but the mention of it at least on CSPAN was interesting at least, notable and thought provoking at best. The latest antics on the carrier seem to hint that it is purposefull downplay.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It's Buzz.. meaning this man has been in loops where we could only dream of the conversation content and I'm sticking to what he says when he's animated and upset. This "downplay" has been initiated by someone or something from somewhere.

I'm pretty sure that he's been in conversations with people who know more about the moon anomaly than others have and his comment just cannot be downplayed.

Poor Buzz. Been a part of one of the most historic missions ever and has to endure the tug-a-war between government instruction and personal conviction.

b

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I agree with you although I tend to believe that the officials will go for No1

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I have to agree with Phage, that monolith isnt a big secret, maybe how important it could be is downplayed, but for the most part, NASA has been pretty open about it.

Maybe he tried to downplay it because of how much conspiracy attention it has gotten? or maybe it is a big cover up, who knows...

I noticed a lot of you mentioning the famous Aldrin punch. Well he punched a fellow named Bart Sibrel, who tricked Aldrin to come for an interview under false pretenses, then rudely accused Aldrin of being a liar, and a coward, a few minutes later after Aldrin left the interview Bart wouldn't stop following him, continually badgering him and calling him rude names again.

i think Bart got what he deserved, and i think Aldrin held out a lot longer then i could have with the way he was being questioned.

[edit on 7/26/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Actually, I did this one on another thread... but no problem because the story deserves the attention.

The whole thing is that the media wouldn't really have known what to do if Buzz had kept a straight face. When he cracked that smile at the end of the monolith part, they called it a joke, or assumed it was because if they had taken it seriously, they would have been lost.

It's not we the people who would not be able to handle the truth of disclosure, it is the media, the corpo-government mind. They have been so thoroughly indoctrinated that their ability to comprehend and rationalize on the spot, has long since atrophied from disuse.

I commented to the SFGate.com story you quoted (under another name) and suggested that Buzz Aldrin was not kidding... and neither is Edgar Mitchell, but that no one was listening.

They still aren't... and they probably never will until our mysterious guests plant a UFO on their heads.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Ater readin this thread PROJECT ISIS: The KGB's Discovery of The Tomb of The Visitor and examining the large proportionate number of inconsistencies that surround NASA its easy to see that something is afoot.

Buzz Aldrin knows perfectly well along with many others on this site that NASA have information regarding our ancestors/rulers to say that the monilith was built before coming to Egypt Buzz knows the score and if you don't please watch all 8 videos provided in the link above

Phobos Structures of the Monolith

[edit on 26-7-2009 by franspeakfree]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join