It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics who are skeptical just to maintain skepticism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I've went around many of these UFO rooms and conspiracy boards just to count the number of skeptics who maintain their ignorant little box of reality. I'd love to say that there's some originality in what they are doing, however, it all begins to equate to the same nonsense spewed from the mouths of the WEAK who insist on maintaining and controlling the perceptions of others.

Personally, I think its healthy to keep a skeptical mind when dealing with information that could easily be fabricated. However, when idiots like these troll the boards and put into question the experience, research, and hard work of people who have developed a lifetime of credibility (Buzz Aldrin, Edgar Mitchell, former Presidents, politicians, countless numbers of pilots, police officers, military personnel) then I have to question the credibility of the FOOLS who believe that they are qualified to debunk the evolutionary pioneers of our society.

Tell me...Who is going to have enough credibility for you people to finally accept that there are things going on that you are not aware of? Modern society hasn't been around that long. We, as an entire civilization, barely know (or don't know at all) what resides on the floors of our oceans because of pressure, and yet, THESE SELF MADE GENIUSES BELIEVE THAT THEY CAN POSTULATE AND DETERMINE WHAT DOES, OR DOES NOT EXIST IN THE INFINITY OF THE UNIVERSE. Do yourselves a favor and quit pretending like God has granted you intelligence that supersedes the rest of us mere mortals.

Not that long ago, when the world was supposedly FLAT, people defended that theory to the point where it jeopardized the lives of scientists looking to prove it wrong. It was the skeptics that held on for so long, because it threatened the integrity of Religion and control, that caused many deaths and created ridicule for those who sought to look outside of the box.

TO THE SKEPTICS, IF YOU WANT TO STUNT YOUR OWN GROWTH, BY ALL MEANS...CONTINUE ON YOUR PATH. BUT DON'T UNDERMINE THE EVOLUTION OF OTHERS BECAUSE YOUR PATHETIC IDEA OF REALITY IS DETERMINED BY YOUR OWN LIMITED AND OUTDATED KNOWLEDGE.

And believe me, many of the BELIEVERS out there are aware that there are people fabricating information just to get attention. We're not all sold on the idea that everything that flies in the sky is of an extra-terrestrial origin. The only people that you are protecting with your little attempts to debunk every situation is yourselves. In the end, you're only defending your OWN predisposed ideas as if there was never anything new that could be offered.

Its funny, because this quote comes directly from the movie THE MATRIX.

MANY ARE SO HOPELESSLY DEPENDENT ON THE SYSTEM THAT THEY WILL FIGHT TO PROTECT IT.

That's just a little bit of homegrown wisdom from Hollywood, and it sounds hauntingly like every self made expert/keyboard warrior/skeptic on ATS.

In the end...you have nothing to gain by destroying the ideas, beliefs, and dreams of others. You're actually only hurting yourselves.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What are you talking about?
I can't even believe you created such a nonsensical thread!
You should look for a doctor, because you are definitely delusional!

S&F

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

And for people like you, this thread exists. Thanks for proving my point.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

I'm glad I was helpful.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Believers who believe just to remain believers.. It goes both ways.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Depending on what you're referring to, I tend to agree that some people who are skeptics seem to be trolling and should refrain or stay completely out of certain topics.

But since nearly all of my posts are apparently ignored and I don't write any threads, I tend to ignore many topics or posts myself. It's gotten much easier than it used to be. I guess I've gotten bored, but just waiting for something.......special here.

Tabloid journalism has in some way been responsible for that and a blessing in disguise. Although, in some ways, doubting Thomas for me was a hero. People back then weren't as familiar with missing time without any clocks.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Believers who believe just to remain believers.. It goes both ways.

I can agree with that. Although, I have a healthy dose of both. I like to use my skepticism when weeding out what could potentially be faulty information. But, I know well enough that when someone else has more experience, intelligence, and is a pioneer in his field, to look at that information in a different light then say, the average guy on the street who may just have a huge imagination.

Simply dismissing someone for the sake of doing it is not a good way to approach the world though. And, I'm seeing tons of this on ATS.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018

Depending on what you're referring to, I tend to agree that some people who are skeptics seem to be trolling and should refrain or stay completely out of certain topics.

But since nearly all of my posts are apparently ignored and I don't write any threads, I tend to ignore many topics or posts myself. It's gotten much easier than it used to be. I guess I've gotten bored, but just waiting for something.......special here.

Tabloid journalism has in some way been responsible for that and a blessing in disguise. Although, in some ways, doubting Thomas for me was a hero. People back then weren't as familiar with missing time without any clocks.

I can somewhat agree with that.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

regardless of your views. I still value your opinion.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

As if skepticism would somehow "go away" if people would just stop being skeptical? So, the concept of skepticism is mysteriously generated by the simple of act of being skeptical? What would Schrodinger and his cat think of that? Hmmmmm.......

Let's tally it up.....you've covered:

• ignorant box of reality
  • nonsense spewed
  • the weak
  • idiots
  • trolls
  • FOOLS
  • SELF MADE GENIUSES
  • pretending like God
  • PATHETIC IDEA OF REALITY
  • LIMITED AND OUTDATED KNOWLEDGE
  • self made expert

Oh yeah.....you'll fit right in here.

By the way, that old canard about the Earth and its alleged "flatness" in past eras?......Hogwash, early people weren't stupid. As far back as the ancient Greeks it was straight forward knowledge that the Earth was an orb.

Fail.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranberrydork

As if skepticism would somehow "go away" if people would just stop being skeptical? So, the concept of skepticism is mysteriously generated by the simple of act of being skeptical? What would Schrodinger and his cat think of that? Hmmmmm.......

Let's tally it up.....you've covered:

• ignorant box of reality
  • nonsense spewed
  • the weak
  • idiots
  • trolls
  • FOOLS
  • SELF MADE GENIUSES
  • pretending like God
  • PATHETIC IDEA OF REALITY
  • LIMITED AND OUTDATED KNOWLEDGE
  • self made expert

Oh yeah.....you'll fit right in here.

By the way, that old canard about the Earth and its alleged "flatness" in past eras?......Hogwash, early people weren't stupid. As far back as the ancient Greeks it was straight forward knowledge that the Earth was an orb.

Fail.

Hmmm...You're RIGHT. There was NEVER a time in history where we actually believed that the world was FLAT. NEVER. You've done your job. You've proved me wrong. I stand corrected. I'd love to see you prove that one.

Thanks for playing!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm actually loving this...because the only people coming into this room are the skeptics who are wholeheartedly defending their positions. It sucks when you feel like you've been attacked doesn't it???

Oh...since ATS does not like internet slang, I'll just say it.

Laughing Out Loud!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Relax, bro.
Why do you care so much about all this skepticism anyway?
Are you insecure?

Btw, if you didn't notice I was being ironic on my first post.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
I'm actually loving this...because the only people coming into this room are the skeptics who are wholeheartedly defending their positions. It sucks when you feel like you've been attacked doesn't it???

Laughing Out Loud!!!

You're ABSOLUTELY right!!!! It is ALL skeptics WHOLEHEARTEDLY defending a position.

Five posters have contributed to this morass of moronic mania. Myself included.....shame on me.

Please don't feed the troll.

Bu Bye.....

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Is that you Icke? It's not the skeptics, it's the Lizard people. AAAAAHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

That's good stuff, Disney may be looking for new clowns to entertain the children at their theme parks. Your sense of humor falls somewhere in THAT category.

Thanks again!!!

Laughing out loud!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranberrydork

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

Laughing Out Loud!!!

You're ABSOLUTELY right!!!! It is ALL skeptics WHOLEHEARTEDLY defending a position.

Five posters have contributed to this morass of moronic mania. Myself included.....shame on me.

Please don't feed the troll.

Bu Bye.....

Fortunately, it won't be too much longer before many of you come in droves to do the same. The post has only been up for a few minutes now. Thanks for your contribution!!! It adds to an already pathetic list that will continue to grow.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is at least the third thread this week about the evils of skepticism. And that is not counting the threads that, while not necessarily about skepticism, take a swipe at it in the opening posts. How many do we really need? How does attacking skeptics with ad hominems advance our understanding of the UFO phenomenon?

It seems when redundant threads are created, the mods either close or merge them? Perhaps the same should be done here.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Dude, your thread was lame. Get over it. You want a world where everyone believes everything then it's you that should work for Disney because you have the mind of a 5 year old.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It appears that the skeptics are skeptical of your skepticism of their skeptical intentions here at Above Top Secret and have come out to let you know that they are skeptical of skeptics. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join