It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu: emergency website crashes under weight of demand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The Government's National Flu Service website, which is designed to give swine flu sufferers direct access to anti-viral drugs, crashed under the weight of demand immediately after being launched on Thursday afternoon.

Visitors to the site attempting to have their symptoms assessed were met with a holding page, which displayed the message: "The service is currently very busy and cannot deal with your request at this time. Please try again in a little while."

The message was given immediately after the website went live at 3pm, and was still being displayed two hours later.

The accompanying "swine flu hotline", through which people can have their symptoms assessed over the telephone, has not suffered similar problems.

Those suffering from suspected swine flu - or a person acting on their behalf - can obtain a code, which can be exchanged for the anti-viral drugs Tamiflu and Relenza, if the symptoms they describe suggest that they have indeed caught the virus.

Source

To me would it not be easy to fake the symptoms to illegally obtain this drug and sell on for higher price? just thought i had when i read this

join