It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama Hiding Deficit Projections?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Barack Obama's administration has said they will release the budget deficit reviews in August. The current estimate for this years total budget deficit is $1.841 trillion dollars.

Critics have been attacking this move, claiming the timing adds much needed help for Obama to push his health care plan. Yet, Obama's admin. claim that they are only doing what previous administrations have done by pushing back the review date.

A republican official was quoted as saying," (it is) an attempt to hide a record-breaking deficit as Democratic leaders break arms to rush through a government takeover of health care."
content.usatoday.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
From the article you posted

Yet, Obama's admin. claim that they are only doing what previous administrations have done by pushing back the review date.

I thought he was all about change, and business as usual in Washington was over?

I'm growing even more tired of the hypocrisy from this administration by the day.

Honestly it really wouldn't be that big of deal, if he didn't promise all this transparency and business as usual is done with and all that.

I wonder what the revised numbers look like. Must be pretty extravagant for them to hold them back.

join