It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flue is a Farce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The regular flu kills hundreds every week. Last time I checked, the infamous the Swine flu barely managed to break a hundred deaths worldwide in its lifetime. This virus scare, like SARS, Avian Flu, Killer Bacteria, and every other fake pandemic is such obvious fearmongering on the part of the media that it had to come immediately after the announcement that Cold Fusion really DOES work. You people are sheep for buying into this nonsense over and over and over. It's probably the same obscure virus too, that they keep renaming in an attempt to sound original. And then the craze dies down, you'll all have forgotten that Obama's administration was releasing legislation at the time in an attempt to limit the NWO's power or that free energy really does work. Denying ignorance, indeed.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Syrus Magistus

From what i can gather , its the contagious nature of this particular virus which is causing alarm. It has showed no sign of abating despite the fact that the weather is clement.

You are right that it is not taking huge numbers of lives, but as an organism which has a relatively fast replication cycle and it ability to mutate etc . This virus could become deadly after moving through the population centres of the world .
The virus first discovered in Mexico will not be exactly the same some months later.

It is its potential , which is causing alarm.

A few little tweaks and Swine Flu is very serious indeed .

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Viral mutations are uncontrollable and random. It's extremely unlikely that it'll become more deadly. In the real world, deadly viruses lose their lethality very quickly. They burn out. There's no such thing as a super deadly virus that mutates to increase lethality. The stable viruses aren't killers, unless the people they infect are already frail of health. Why isn't anybody condemning the media for this lunacy?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Syrus Magistus

I was just making the point that it is possible that this flu virus may recombine/swap genetic material with another virus.

I didn`t say this was a "super deadly virus " , just that it has the potential to become more lethal . But i agree it may not.

There is international preparation for a worst case scenario , i would imagine there would be uproar if there wasn`t .

Scaremongering ..... ? Yes , there has been plenty of that also . The media play there part , and with the state of the world economy anything to distract the masses would be seized on by governments.

As you`ve said " Viral mutations are uncontrollable and random " ...... we`ll have a better idea once Autumn sets in .

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrus Magistus
The regular flu kills hundreds every week. Last time I checked, the infamous the Swine flu barely managed to break a hundred deaths worldwide in its lifetime. This virus scare, like SARS, Avian Flu, Killer Bacteria, and every other fake pandemic is such obvious fearmongering on the part of the media that it had to come immediately after the announcement that Cold Fusion really DOES work. You people are sheep for buying into this nonsense over and over and over. It's probably the same obscure virus too, that they keep renaming in an attempt to sound original. And then the craze dies down, you'll all have forgotten that Obama's administration was releasing legislation at the time in an attempt to limit the NWO's power or that free energy really does work. Denying ignorance, indeed.

You might thinkis farse, but the out come of said swine flu could be far reaching.
During the Spanish flu outbreak of 1918, it seem the vaccine given to cure is what killed more people, the people who never received vaccine never became ill.
Big Pharm is gearing up to vaccinate everyone, with possible forced vaccanations, this does not sound good.
The world is due for mass kill off this maybe it.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

The statement that more people died from the vaccine then the virus is false. Its reported that there was a higher death ratio from people who took the vaccine then people who didn't although who knows if that's even true. There is no way they got that man vaccines out around the world yet there was a huge number of deaths.

There is some estimates that 20-100 million people actually died from the 1918 flu. H1N1 may be a farce to you but I'm sure its very real to anyone who lost a family member to it or a friend.

Your numbers about how many people die each year from the normal flu is why anyone should be concerned. This variant of the flu has a much higher infection rate then the normal flu so if you says its just as deadly in penetration but has a 10% higher ratio of infection that's a big number of people being killed by it.

The other problem is that numbers are fudged on how many people die of the flu to make people want to get vaccinated and to help pharma companies make money. Any death that involved the flu is listed in those numbers where in the h1n1 cases its generally only listed if it was the primary reason for death. Essentially they are fudging the numbers in the reverse way.

Does this mean I will be in line to get vaccinated? Heck no, not unless I see many others get it and lots of people suddenly dieing off. Probably not even then. Just realize that the facts you listed are given to you for a purpose or you wouldnt have them.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
You might thinkis farse, but the out come of said swine flu could be far reaching.
During the Spanish flu outbreak of 1918, it seem the vaccine given to cure is what killed more people, the people who never received vaccine never became ill.
Big Pharm is gearing up to vaccinate everyone, with possible forced vaccanations, this does not sound good.
The world is due for mass kill off this maybe it.

There weren't any vaccines for the 1918 Spanish flu. The people that died or had serious side effects were from the 1976 flu vaccinations.

Also, as someone else already said, it's not how many people are dying from this flu that is alarming, it's how quickly it's spreading. If too many people are off work because they're sick then it will obviously have consequences. Sky News is already reporting how it's going to slow down the economic recovery in Britain and how some airlines are now saying they will stop people flying if they're showing symptoms.

I personally now know several people, in Britain, that have flu symptoms in the middle of July and they're all off work. Others just have coughs, colds and sore throats and are going into work as usual. An Australian friend and 2 others in his office have been confirmed with H1N1.

It's the middle of July, and in southern Spain we have temperatures in the mid 40s, and people have flu symptoms! As in Britain, some just have coughs and sneezes and are going about their normal business but it really isn't normal for so many coughs and colds to be around, at this time of year, which tells me this is still something to watch.

I have 3 kids so I need to watch both sides of the debate, about this flu. I'd like to be able to make informed decisions about their health and the vaccine.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
While this is over-hyped, this does seem more virulent than other strains of supposed pandemics in recent history. And I think those in the know are more concerned about the oddness of the symptoms, and what those could develop into, than anything else.

This entire thing has been blown rather out of proportion. But this seems to spread rather easily and quickly, and I can see where the worry comes from. Disregarding it out of hand I think, is unwise at any rate.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

People in 1918 Spain had a sub-modern standard of living. It was filthy and there wasn't competent medical care.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Xenotropic viruses are extremely rare. That this virus crosses three species indicates it was man-made, kinda like AIDS, only AIDS is caused by administering chemicals that cripple the immune system similar to some recreational drugs and were delivered via vaccines and AIDS medication. The HIV virus (as it was renamed) is another harmless retrovirus, of which there are hundreds in the human body. One of the first guys to get it (and archeologist) shoot hands with Obama the day before he fell ill. Coincidence? No damn way.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Syrus Magistus]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Remember SARS? Avian Flu? Killer Bacteria? I rest my case. What is the death toll now, tens of people from Swine Flu? Please, you're making me laugh.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

Sorry but there was a vaccine, it came late but it came in one instance it was given to a ship load of troops returing to U.S. most were dead by the time they got home.

www.whale.to...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

Another thing like what was already said how many people die from ordinary flu every year world wide, anyhow 35,000 ?

How many Americans were killed by terrorism last year 70, how many died from heart attack 100,000 should be war on heart attack, for 5 hundred Billion.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

There is some estimates that 20-100 million people actually died from the 1918 flu. H1N1 may be a farce to you but I'm sure its very real to anyone who lost a family member to it or a friend.

Man your reading the other guys post I didn't say it was farse, I said you may thinkis farse.
Man I'm scared, not for me I could give a # , but for the kids and young people, plus I so old I'm probably immune, plus my exposurer to the Kong Kong foo.

And I beleive the number was between 50,00 and 300,000 world wide, they were kind of vague on the numbers from thrid world countries, but really they might not of had any.

Thomas Jefferson said if someone tells you they want to help you, run like Hell.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Need I remind you all that there wasn't much in the way of medical care or health awareness back in 1918. That was the turn of the century. None of us were alive then, but the conditions were probably beyond what many of us would consider "unsanitary."

top topics

join