It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu defies U.S. on East Jerusalem settlement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Netanyahu defies U.S. on East Jerusalem settlement

www.reuters.com

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, saying he would not take orders over Israeli settlement in East Jerusalem, rejected on Sunday a U.S. demand to halt plans to build more homes for Jews in the disputed area.

New friction with Washington over the project to build 20 apartments in a part of Jerusalem captured by Israel in a 1967 war could deepen the most serious rift in relations between the two allies in a decade.

Israeli officials said the State Department had summoned Michael Oren, Israel's ambassador to Washington, and told him plans for the construction approved
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-7-2009 by savetimerushonline]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Seems to me that we are headed for a big showdown in the middle East very soon. I think we are witnessing the betrayel of Israel by the new 'fuehrer' Obama who is done with Israel now that the US has a firm footing in the middle East via Iraq and Afghanistan.

It seems that the plan now is to leave Israel to her enemies ie, Iran, Syria, Hezbulah and Palestine, in what it seems the US hopes will be all out war, severely weakening both Israel and Iran. This would then leave the US as the only strong power in the middle East, and begin a new era of American dominance in the oil rich region.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Wow...

Can you say Israeli propaganda against the US?

They have milked the US dry and are now going to use it as a scapegoat for more sympathy from the world.

Hope they got all the billions of American tax payer dollars they needed for the first war EVER for them without American aid.

Good luck.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
oh my,

obama will have to get tough on israel!!!...................hang on, obama ....get tough???

dont think so.

top topics

join