It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Revealed] Apollo Hoax Betrayed by UFO Reports?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Apollo 11 may not have left Low-Earth Orbit...

The theory that the Apollo 11 spacecraft stayed in orbit for the duration of the mission is commonly put forth by Apollo hoax researchers.

Until recently, debunkers have been able to counter this theory by stating that the craft would have been spotted, as it would have been one of the brightest objects visible in the night sky - But it turns out the craft may have been spotted afterall.

New evidence has recently been discovered by the acclaimed Apollo researcher J. White which exposes the fact that several dozen sightings were indeed made - and these sightings appear to corroborate the theory that Apollo 11 remained in low-earth orbit. He has produced the following presentation, to display this evidence:

-Unidentified Flying Apollo-

(Produced by J. White)

As mankind had yet to set foot on the moon and since there weren't yet any Moon Hoax theorists to cry foul; these reports were regarded as "UFO" sightings.

It just so happens that the "UFO " which was spotted by dozens of people was visible in the night sky for roughly the same time that the Apollo craft would have been visible...

Here is what Jim Oberg said about this theory at clavius.org - commenting on the length of time the craft would have been visible had it remained in orbit (Oberg "4-5 minutes"):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39e9a9b5f1c3.jpg[/atsimg]

Debunker Jay Windley said that the orbiting Apollo craft would have attracted a great deal of attention and been visible for just a few minutes (Windley "About 3 minutes"):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c67ede365c3.jpg[/atsimg]

Great stuff Jim and Jay! That just so happens to be the length of time that this "UFO" was visible and it sure did attract alot of attention - Dozens saw it:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/372676a14c49.jpg[/atsimg]

The July 25 edition of the West Australian reported on this "UFO" and since everyone thought the Apollo spacecraft was on it's way to the moon, no one would have thought to identified this object as being the Apollo 11 mission. Initially it was thought that this object was the Proton 4 satellite, but that explanation was later ruled out.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9673402795ef.jpg[/atsimg]

26 individuals reported seeing the object in Albany to their police force:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58b799cf780d.jpg[/atsimg]

Another 15 individuals reported sightings to police in Bunbury:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62c3f1370532.jpg[/atsimg]

Even an ex-R.A.A.F.bomber pilot saw the "UFO"/Apollo:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/922bfa308910.jpg[/atsimg]

So what does this mean for Apollo?

Could it be that Apollo 11 really did remain in low-earth orbit for the duration of the mission - perhaps these 'UFO' reports prove just that. Perhaps this UFO was actually Apollo in polar orbit; to better reduce the number of sightings.

We already know that the crew used camera trickery to fake their distance out from the Earth by placing a transparency or a purposefully shaped blackboard on the porthole to fake a shot showing them to be halfway to the moon - when they were still in Earth orbit.

Why else would they fake this shot, if not to deceive...

*David Percy discussed the matter in the documentary 'What happened on The Moon' (starting at roughly 12:30):

Google Video Link

*Bart Sibrel believes that a purposefully shaped blackboard was placed over the porthole, and then the earth was filmed through that to recreate the appearance of the earth from halfway to the moon. Either way, the shot was faked and the following video proves it:

Here is the portion of Sibrel's Film where you can also see this shot being faked by the Apollo 11 crew:

...Busted

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
We already know that the crew used camera trickery to fake their distance out from the Earth by placing a transparency or a purposefully shaped on the porthole to fake a shot showing them to be halfway to the moon when they were still in Earth orbit....

Remember Will Rogers' warning: "It ain't what you don't know what'll make yuh look like a fool -- it's what you DO know, what ain't so."

Will Rogers, meet Exubie!

Exubie, what do you suppose is the next step to see if these satellite sightings were really Apollo-11? What would a REAL investigator do, d'you suppose?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

What date were the sightings?

Did I miss it somewhere?

The reason I ask is because on the 24th July (the day before the newspaper article was written) the Lunar module splashed down in the pacific and was not on it's way to the moon as you stated.

[edit on 17/7/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

What date were the sightings?

Did I miss it somewhere?

You missed it....

The July 25 edition of the West Australian

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28c184ab4e50.jpg[/atsimg]

The date is also in the video - so you must not have watched that either.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This isn't really my field of expertise but didn't stations all around the world track Apollo11? At least soviets did right?
The rocket itself would have to be dumped into orbit after liftoff right? That was pretty big but did it re-enter or stay in orbit?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
This isn't really my field of expertise but didn't stations all around the world track Apollo11? At least soviets did right?
The rocket itself would have to be dumped into orbit after liftoff right? That was pretty big but did it re-enter or stay in orbit?

The third stage, the S-4-B, fired briefly to attain parking orbit and then, a few hours later, fired again for Transl-Lunar Insertion. So nothing was left in orbit from the Apollo-11 launch.

I don't know what radio receptions the Soviets got from Apollo-11. Once the spacecraft headed out for the Moon, ground-based radar could not follow it. But it could be observed through telescopes. I know the guy who, the following year, was actually watching Apollo-13 through a telescope at NASA when the oxygen tank blew -- he saw the expanding cloud in real time.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Good that you cleared that up. I don't know that much about the rockets.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I was chasing the date of the sightings, not the newspaper article.

Re-read my edit.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Another piece to throw on the stack......

Good work E

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Can I ask is the video mentioned in the OP suggesting that NASA didn't go to the moon at all when they said they did, instead they forged footage to suggest they did?

I am curious to know whether NASA employees would have known about this? or would it have to be kept top to secret?

Also if true Neil Armstrong must have felt pretty bad all of his life knowing that he was a fraud. If indeed true that is.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Sadly I have now wasted 20 minutes of my life by watching this crappy and confusing video twice. (James Bond..? Really?) But at least I am now certain that the sightings were made July 24, the day Apollo 11 returned to Earth... No other dates are mentioned.

So... If Apollo 11 really was in low orbit around the Earth the whole time between the July 16 and July 24, why was it not seen at any other time than July 24? Was Apollo 11 perhaps hiding behind Niburu, or taken aboard the spaceship of the Galactic Federation of Light?

I want those 20 minutes of my life back.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Overload

Thanks Overload

Check this out - these are images of Neil and Buzz on the Moon.

Look at their shadows and how their lengths vary depending on how close they are to the spotlight:

Shadows are the same length in the one:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f786340634cc.jpg[/atsimg]

Now look at the difference as the astronaut nears the light source... this doesn't happen with sunlight and on level terrain like this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/82934bd9b7ff.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Too late now, we went to the Moon.
An interesting twist in UFO lore.
The Moon Mission had a UFO cover up.
Now UFOs are covered by the ISS in orbit.
We do get complaints of too many ISS sightings.
However this issue plays out one reason at least has a unique scenario.
Von Braun didn't realize the extra terrestrial radiation dangers.
So astronautics in orbit were told to stay in orbit for three days or
risk death on the Moon which was now off limits until the program
ends.
For Mars we can slip into the ISS and so on and so on as we
rule the universe for years to come with the space sham wow.
Thus going to Mars might not settle things as the Mars set survey
photos are being gathered by the camera on Mars right now.
And Russia might be the next Mars mission central as Russian TV
is available on NYC DTV broadcast. NYC is free TV mind control
central. Done in the past, set for the future.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Ya E...I saw that on that google video too....trying to dload it....Yes I watched all 2 hours of it first thing this morning

Not to get off topic here, but I like the "C" on the moon rock and the other part that clearly shows 3 or 4 shadows going in in "clearly" 2 different directions.

Has Jim commented on the C on he rock video?

Anyways....All three of your recent threads are good

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Overload

Not to get off topic here, but I like the "C" on the moon rock and the other part that clearly shows 3 or 4 shadows going in in "clearly" 2 different directions.

Has Jim commented on the C on he rock video?

I don't have any quotes I could pull up off-hand. He'd probably just stick to the cover story anyways.

Here is an interesting look at the 'C-rock' and the drama that its discovery created:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
New York...a city so good they named it twice. Men on the moon...a hoax so good they faked it twelve times? Seems absurd. Years of rebuttals haven't stopped any fantasists from crying 'Fake! Hoax!' It's a delusion that's here to stay. Nothing will tear them away from an idea of reality that appeals to them. Fair enough...leave 'em to it is the best approach. It's usually trolling for reactions...each to their own.

A lot of guys have seen this episode of Mythbusters already, but it's here for anyone interested in a repeatable demonstration of how light sources on the Moon can create 'unusual' shadows...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
Sadly I have now wasted 20 minutes of my life by watching this crappy and confusing video twice. (James Bond..? Really?) But at least I am now certain that the sightings were made July 24, the day Apollo 11 returned to Earth... No other dates are mentioned.

So... If Apollo 11 really was in low orbit around the Earth the whole time between the July 16 and July 24, why was it not seen at any other time than July 24? Was Apollo 11 perhaps hiding behind Niburu, or taken aboard the spaceship of the Galactic Federation of Light?

I want those 20 minutes of my life back.

OP, please answer this poster's question because it is very valid and pertinent to your hypothesis.

"Were there any other reported UFO sightings other than the 24th?"

Because if the answer is "NO" then I'm sorry to tell you that this is all a hoax.

Now also please understand, I too think there was more to the Apollo 11 mission than we've been told. Unfortunately, this does not include "not going to the moon". We definately went, I just want to know what we really found.

On a side note, this photo has always troubled me, because for three guys that went to the moon, they sure have a hard time of showing it.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Ya....however...I could do the same model test(regards to the shadows and two sources of light) and have the outcome I wish as well, using the same model.

Mythbusters proves nothing

Still doesn't explain the "C" though....let MB Bust that one...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Greetings Kandinksy,

You can't even prove conclusively that the Apollo missions landed on the moon. There are no photos of the Apollo vehicles from orbit to prove they are on the moon, nor are there any pictures taken from ground-based telescopes which show the Apollo vehicles....

Clementine, Change-e 1, Chandrayaan, Kaguya - All these probes have failed to provide any images where any of the Apollo vehicles or equipment can be seen.

Even the image Sir Patrick Moore used to present as proof of the landings has been debunked as being a surface feature.

You got nothin' but NASA's word.

Edit: Turns out the Moon Landing tapes were "erased".... How about that.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt

"Were there any other reported UFO sightings other than the 24th?"

Have you even bothered to check?

Because you should if you haven't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join