It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labour ministers plan reputation trashing of Army chief General Sir Richard Dannatt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Labour ministers plan reputation trashing of Army chief General Sir Richard Dannatt

www.telegraph.co.uk

The threat came after it emerged that Sir Richard is planning to write a potentially explosive book about defence issues after he steps down next month.

Relations between the Chief of the General Staff and the Government hit a new low after senior Labour sources warned the general will be “fair game” for political attacks when he leaves his post at the end of August.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Say's just about everything about the scum we have in power at the moment in this country, obviously not happy that are going to get trashed at the poll's next year they now seem to be running a scorched earth policy by not only crippling our economy for decades to come but also smearing the name of people like General Sir Richard Dannatt because they actually try speaking their mind rather than tow the line that Brown and his politically correct bunch of sycophants want him to

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I hope he does a Caesar and marches on Parliament. We need Labour removed, permanently, from government as it seems they can do nothing right, and don't care about that fact one bit.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Labour is just so damned corrupt it isn't even funny..I dare say they are worse than anything we have in America. I feel for ya fellas...Time to get the pitchforks and torches?

Maybe you guys should have your own revolution- I would support it.

CX

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I was watching Brown being questioned in the helicopter hearings yesterday, trying to get that guy to give a straight answer is harder than any mission if Afghanistan.

I hope Sir Richard gives them what they deserve in the book, it would open the publics eyes a bit too if they knew even a fraction of what really goes on behind the scenes.

This has always been the same though. The troops on the ground will be the last ones to get the good gear, and when they do, there won't be enough of it.

I bet most soldiers could write a book about the crap they've put up with over the kit saga.

CX.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I dare say they are worse than anything we have in America.

No, they aren't, they are equally corrupt, just far more incompetent.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

I bet most soldiers could write a book about the crap they've put up with over the kit saga.

CX.

Would they be able to though? iirc for instance the special forces now have to sign a gagging contract when they join after a few of their earlier members wrote books about their time in the service and Blair & Co seemed to think they were giving away state secrets. (didn't seem to apply when the head of MI5 and senior generals write their memoirs though?)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Shows what these labour people are realy like,they smear and chuck mud around till it sticks on their target

The defence minister was on the radio the other day saying the british army was the best equiped army in the world!

CX

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels

The defence minister was on the radio the other day saying the british army was the best equiped army in the world!

Sounds about right, half of them have their heads up their backsides, usualy it's the ones you'd expect to know better.

I could give you a dozen stories about the idiots that used to visit us now and again in XMG, South Armagh.

I won't go into details but lets just say they involved some very clueless members of parliment asking very stupid questions like "Oh, you know where they live then?" when seeing the information on known players.

Best one was "Can i go out and meet the locals now?" because he had a bodyguard....i politely informed him that we didn't go out unless there were 12 of us, heavily armed with choppers providing top cover!

These were people in parlimentary defence positions.

I lost all respect for most MP's after my time there.

CX.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I was watching Brown being questioned in the helicopter hearings yesterday, trying to get that guy to give a straight answer is harder than any mission if Afghanistan.

Saw this as well as the retard was sat there grinning smugly to himself as he thought he had gotten away with not answering the question. Still can't believe there are people out there who actually believe a word he says

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Personally I think it's time to massively increase the funding for the UK's armed forces. It's disgusting how the UK government treats it's fighting men and women.

If your going to send them into battle then make sure they have what they need to get the job done. If they ask for twelve Type 45 destroyers then give them TWELVE Type 45 destroyers. How in the world does Parliament expect the Royal Navy to maintain 2 carrier battlegroups plus all their other commitments (ex. Caribbean Squadron, the Persian Gulf Squadron, the Somali anti piracy patrol, etc) with only FOUR Type 45 destroyers?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

Well you could do as one of the off the mothers done so, after her son died in Afghanistan, she gave his personal journal to the press, to print for everyone to see. He had no kit, not enough water, etc.

Whats brown and co going to do arrest every relative!

Although all military service personell, such as Soldiers etc have a gagging order slapped on them also, after reports were getting through to the main media with regards to thier kit etc by the smuggling in off mobile phones., at the beginning of the conflict in Afghanistan. The governemnt came down on both the media and the troops, claiming it was against national security.

It does not surprise me one bit, that the Labour Spin Machine will come in to operation once that dude leaves. That is the only thing labour are good for spin, spin and more spin.

I for one would Love this soon to be ex armed force officer, to challenge Brown and co in public.

I can see brown running for cover.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

LOL they sounded like conservative MPs mate,I can well believe some of them wanting to meet the locals!lol Like its a casual walk to someones house for a cup of tea and asking them what they do!

Mind you with Labour they dont walk the streets with the boys in blue unless they have stab proof armour on

Have a mate who used to be in 2 para,the stories he told about Ireland were unreal-You have my respect for seving over there,must have been a terrible tour of duty during those bloody years

My parents moved to Ireland over 10 years ago,they used to live in skibereen in the south west and when I went to visit them their local pubs had pro IRA pictures up and loved to sing the songs-with my accent I stood out like a sore thumb and had trouble getting served at the bar!
Went back to see them over christmas in castletownbere now(fishing community)-and it was great fun,didnt get one dirty look and was served quickly too

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I do not blame you one bit, for loosing respect in Our Scandalous courrupt MPS. They only look out for themselves anyways.

I have the upmost admiration and respect for all soldiers who served in our armed services. The fact that you and your colleagues were let down by the Conservative Government does not surprise me at all. And now the exact same thing is happening again under the present Gov.

Saddens me that. These things are being done to our armed forces. I for one would be glad to see the back of both the labour and the tories.

We the public need to bring more pressure on our MPS/Government to domore.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Laurauk]

new topics

top topics

join