It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've never contributed to a politicians campaign - Until now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If you are like me, work for a living, pay bills, pay taxes, rinse, repeat, then you probably don't have a lot of spare cash floating around. I never really have had a big wad of dough left over at the end of the month so spending money to help with a political campaign was the last thing on my mind, until now.

The candidate is Peter Schiff and he's looking at running for Senate but won't do it if he doesn't get support. I actually donated to his campaign the other day because I want him to run. Not for a Democrat/Republican/conservative/liberal agenda but because I think it would be nice to know my country has one person in government that understands what is actually going on in our economy.

It's a first for me.

I know that there are a lot of people out there who donate to political campaigns but I really would like to hear from first time contributors to campaigns and what it took to get that first contribution out of your pocket and into a politicians hands.

I don't necessarily want to discuss Peter Schiff and his campaign. I'd rather hear about what a citizen thinks and expects when he or she pulls out cash to give to a politician.

I actually feel pretty good about it and that is a suprise.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Peter Schiff is an intelligent person that seems to know what is going on, and care about his country. Good choice, I hope he does run for Senate!

For me, my one and only contribution was Ron Paul.

The shame, the next day his campaign collapsed.

Oh well, anyway. Good topic.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I donated to Ralph Nader's campaign in 08. $20 donation. Worth every penny.

Sadly, the guy gets virtually no media exposure, people don't like him because he takes away votes from the repub/dem (no kidding! That's the idea!), and he's constantly made to look like a fool whenever he does get on TV. He's not allowed into any of the presidential debates, either.

I think the last time I saw him on a MSM channel, Triumph the insult comic dog was berating him. That was about all I heard from him on the TV during 08.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
In our last provincial election we had 3 canidates running in one riding. A conservativve, a liberal and a NDP canidate. The liberal had been the incumbant for to previous elections, I wanted the conservative to win so a donated money to the NDP canidate so she could take votes away from the liberal.

It worked and it's the most evil thing i've ever done.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I donated money to Ron Paul last year. Money lost, I suppose. And this summer Ron Paul's son is running for national office in Kentucky. I will go out on a limb for this guy and I donated 100 dollars. I like his ideas and principles. He's an eye surgeon and perfoms surgeries free of charge for those that can't pay and have no insurance. No, he doesn't perform services for everybody, sheesh, he is human and he has limited energy and does need to provide for his family.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well im glad for you and getting involved in the right politicians, if there are any.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm just an unemployed college student right now, but once I get my work study job back, I'll be writing a nice little check for Peter Schiff for sure.

Not only does he know his economics he's not a career politician and that's really nice to see. I think we want him to be senator more than he does!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I donated to Ron Paul. We'd do the sign waves, go door to door, it'd get dark and we'd address envelopes. If I was putting that much time into it, and if I was going to knock on peoples doors and bother them about it, I felt it best to put my money where my mouth was and donate, locally and to his national campaign.

Schiff should get Campaign for Liberty money and support, I know it's meant for congress, but Schiff goes hand in hand with what this is all about.

So I have to pat you on the back for jumping in and supporting Schiff, he is top class and I hope some of my Ron Paul money trickles it's way to his campaign. Really Campaign for Liberty should promise him money if he decides to run... seems like a great system. Though he could be using preliminary donations to gauge support which would make that a little less useful. But then again, he must know that all the Ron Paul people will be behind him, and Campaign for Liberty.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well it's not looking good. He said yesterday that he's had a lot of lip service support but only about 1500 people have made donations. Too bad. He won't run if he doesn't get any support.
He'll just return the money. (unlike most politicians.)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Heard today that Schiff is running.

He's got a long way to go on money and will be facing a field of republicans before even getting to the incumbent but I think he can do it.

I don't think anybody in government wants a sharp financial guy pointing out their flaws from within the senate but it would be nice to see him win.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Well it's not looking good. He said yesterday that he's had a lot of lip service support but only about 1500 people have made donations. Too bad. He won't run if he doesn't get any support.
He'll just return the money. (unlike most politicians.)

The folks that would rally for a guy like Schiff have no money for the most part. Thats why he is lagging in contributors thus far. While Schiff has some decent economic analysis, he is way too overboard and negative in his beliefs. There is a proper middle ground and neither Ron Paul or Schiff are close to it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
The folks that would rally for a guy like Schiff have no money for the most part. Thats why he is lagging in contributors thus far. While Schiff has some decent economic analysis, he is way too overboard and negative in his beliefs. There is a proper middle ground and neither Ron Paul or Schiff are close to it.

Actually, he made a million for his initial study in record time.

As far as being too negative, would you perfer a politician who lies constantly and then never delivers on anything?

Your proper middle ground should include the truth somewhere. Or is that not a part of politics any more?

[edit on 19-10-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Some people here will debate you on whether or not you made the right choice in donating the money in regards to if it was money wasted or money given to another politician...

Whatever the case may be, you truly believe this guy is the real deal(and I am not saying I am in disagreement here), and practically gave your labor to him so this country has the smallest chance at redemption, which I truly respect you for.

Now, it is your job to continue following him to make sure he is doing everything in his right mind to get elected. Should be my job as well, but I'm not even old enough to vote yet

top topics

join