It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo over Finland 20090716 21:20?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I just witnessed what appeared to be a very bright object moving from NW to SE direction in around Tampere. It reminded me of seeing the ISS at night except little brighter. Also it's still daytime here.

Pics of location coming.

[Edit] I ran inside to get the camera but it was gone by the time I zoomed into it.

[edit on 16/7/2009 by PsykoOps]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here's the location. Looking SW. The object moved right under the power lines from my perspective. Quite fast and big. I'd estimate it would have to be very visibile from Tampere area.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e4b71c64ace.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Ummm... I think my eyeball just broke looking for it! Don't see it... sorry!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LunarLooney1

No wonder! The OP said he just missed the chance to snap it. The photo there is of a perspective view of where it would have been visible from.

@OP! Dude, sounds pretty interesting but there isn't a whole lot go on at the moment. Can you give any more details, like shape, colour, etc? I'd love to hear more.
It's a bit of a shame that these sort of threads are trashed because of lack of photography! But please do elaborate!

Peace to both of you!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's not in the picture, that's just the location for visual reference.
I have a newly found respect for the lousy quality videos and photos of ufo's. I was so shocked that I forgot my monopod completely. I ran inside for my video camera and by the time I zoomed in it wasn't there anymore.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

Let's see, it looked like an oval fireball. No sound or contrails. Moved quite fast. The gps tagged photo and this thread is for the reason if anyone else saw it and/or got photos. It was quite bright.

[Edit] It moved right to left and was heading behind the trees.

[edit on 16/7/2009 by PsykoOps]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Damn, sounds impressive, shame you missed it! I guess it would be best to take a look through local newspapers or their websites, see if you can find anything there.
I would, but I can't read Suomi!

Hope you find out more! I would loved to have seen it live!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

LOL...Keep that camera around your neck man. Never know when your gonna get the opportunity for good shot like that.After what i saw a few months ago during the day i keep my video camera by my side and charged up at all times...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'd say its still there.
Or will be for a few hours stuck in one place.
Perhaps a smoke screen will be manufactured.
Keep on taking photos unless its a non digital camera.
Search the digital image very closely for any UFO.
ED: I see snake eyes of the triangle craft at the left of the photo.

[edit on 7/16/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

It's kinda telling that the camera was 'in the ready'. It was bit too fast for me and me standing with my mouth open looking in the sky thinking 'wtf?' didn't help. Even if I would've remembered the monopod I didn't have time to screw it in.
Going to keep eyes open on the local news. I would be surprised if noone reports it.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

...True i probably would have missed it to going WTF!!! That thing must have been cruisin though. Fire ball perhaps?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
No I don't think that it was a fireball. No smoke or any kind of trail. Also it wasn't fast enough, it was fast but not that fast. Also it travelled in a straight line.
Only explanation I can think of is a very large metallic object that reflected sunlight. It would've had to been pretty big though, bigger than you would expect from a plane.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Kind of like this?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Lighter yellow. Also the edges weren't that well defined.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
That was the best pic i could find of that one. I have seen better like how you describe. I believe i saw it posted on ATS a few months back.

OK check this out(i dont know how to link to other threads)but search this on ATS:Strange orange UFOs in Finland

Might find something there...

PEACE!!!

(Edit to add)

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I wish i had a cam when i saw the ufo i saw. It was at high noon no clouds in the sky, it was like white orb or a bright white light. It didn't leave any trails at all. It moved in a strait line for a few moments then wiggled did two loops then took off up and out of the atmosphere.
First time i had ever seen one like that and during the day.
Like this pretty much.

join