It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Advice (My friends child has been diagnosed)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Guys,
Just wanted to get your input into this. My wife just called to say that our friends daughters, one is 5 months and the other is 3 yrs have both been diagnosed with swine flue. My son goes to school with my friends daughter so I'll need to keep an eye on him.

They have diagnosed it as swine flu after she complained of high temperature and stomach aches. I dont know the full story until I get home but the 3 yr old has been given capsules and the 5 month some liquid form.

After reading so much on swine flu on ATS im not sure what to do in case we get it and have to get vaccinated.

Has anyone had the vaccine or can someone maybe give me some advice in case the worse happens....

[edit on 14/7/2009 by booda]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Is swine flu really running rampant in the UK? I am in Ohio here and I know of no cases at all. None. I have heard (via the media) of a couple cases in this State but I really wonder if it's all hype.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
well apparently the UK is being hit pretty hard with swine flu. Small place with lots of people so very easily spread.

Its quite a concern with all this fear mongering on the site I dont know what I should do if the doc says my kid needs medication....

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
there's no vaccine yet, you might get offered anti-viral drugs if you or the kids get sick. all medication has potential side effects, i'ld always say you should ask the doctor about them and then make a call based on the advice.

there is a lot of scare mongering but you need to weigh up the advice that you get from randomers on the net against the advice of your GP with the weight each deserves. if the scare stories are worrying you you should really look into the claims deeply before you make a decision.

otherwise, make sure the 3yr old washes their hands properly and often and try to limit the number of people handling the 5 mth old, i wouldn't be over the top or anything but reasonably careful.

[edit on 14/7/09 by pieman]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

thanks for the advice Pieman - its like a no win situation here. Bad news if they dont get treated and bad news if they do.....

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Ye its a horrible situation. There have been cases near my area in southampton, also heard of a school being closed in verwood.

I feel the same. I am more on the side of not taking a vaccine as I think its being hyped up alot as the normal flu kills more each year. That said it is starting to worry me now that I am hearing of cases close to where I live and you do start to doubt yourself.

My thought are with you man.

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yep UK is getting Hit hard!

remember you can fit the UK in to Texas 12 times and Texas has a population of bout 20mill UK has a population of 70 mill!

From North London to South London is about 100 miles and that's all Urban no big big green expanses just houses to commercial back to houses same form East to west but thats maybe 120 miles

The Death Rate in the M25 ring (the big motorway orbiting all of this) will be huge! its allrdy starting to happen

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Swine Flu is over-rated. Just give your kid chicken noodle soup and flat ginger ale, and make him/her have alot of bed rest.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Sage tea helps clear sore throats. Breathing Lavendar steam helps break up congestion. This is not medical advise.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Is swine flu really running rampant in the UK? I am in Ohio here and I know of no cases at all. None. I have heard (via the media) of a couple cases in this State but I really wonder if it's all hype.

What??? A couple cases in the US??? What??? The CDC has already come forward and admited that hundreds of thousands if not millions have all ready been affected........

Suggestion.........Go start reading the "Original Swine Thread" from the beginning........up to the point were many members stopped posting due to uncontrolled ATS moderation........and the site was temp closed down.

This is why the OP should not be asking what to do here on ATS........If he is to believe you than its no big deal.........

Good luck to ya OP.........Treat your kids as if planning for the worse and prey for the best........

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Thing is, if it is a VIRUS, then what good are antibiotics unless they are giving them prophylactically to ward off any complications such as pneumonia.

I am sorry for your friends it is always the worst case scenario when the children are the victims.

I am so ready to take my kids under Home schooling this year, just give me a few more cases and that is what I will do.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

thing is you cant quarantine the kids forever. Sooner or later it may catch up especially with the warning in winter. At the moment they are just giving anti virals but have been checking all the local sites here which are telling me that just about everyone will be vaccinated...

Cloudinthesky - Im not gullable and all Im doing is asking what people think here. Im not going to make any decisions based on what people are offering but just collecting information.

I dont really care about myself getting the flu as it seems inevitable but I have a 4 yr old son and a 3 month son which I am extremely worried about.

I can ask a GP but most GP's are textbook and only regurgitate information. You can go to a GP nowadays, tell them whats wrong and they pretty much google your symptom and then maybe phone a friend for advise on what to prescribe.....(this is not all GP's mind you ) so any GP reading pleae dont get offended...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tempest501

thanks for the kind words - its a parents worst nightmare having to see your kids suffer but hopefully it wont come to that....

join